View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 9:30am   #91
Exotix
Banned
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pan View Post
Obamacare a ‘Platform’ for Socialized Medicine — Rep. Conyers Makes Startling Admission

Obamacare a ‘Platform’ for Socialized Medicine — Rep. Conyers Makes Startling Admission | The Blaze

Posted on March 15, 2011 at 12:16pm by Jonathon M. Seidl Print » Email »

In a few moments of candor on Monday, Democratic Rep. John Conyers (MI) admitted Obamacare is just a “platform,” or a step, toward an eventual government takeover of health care:

Conyers made the revelation to CNS News reporter Nicholas Ballasy:

“What we’re trying to do is insure everybody, right? We’re trying to insure more people, not less and so it’s my feeling that the rising costs that are going on will not be solved by getting rid of people’s health insurance–that throws them into emergency rooms and charity and other things. That’s why HR 676 is our ultimate solution–is that everybody’s insured from birth on and that’s what we’re still fighting for.”

CNSNews.com then asked Conyers, “Do you see a single-payer health care system ultimately in the United States?”

“Of course,” he said. “Universal health care–well, every industrial country on the planet already has a universal system of health care.”

When asked if he thinks President Obama’s health-care law will lead to a single-payer health-care system in the U.S., Conyers said: “Well it’s a platform. I don’t think they flow smoothly but without that, if we didn’t have this then health care, universal health care would be an even more difficult legislative objective,” he said.

“Remind me again about the Politifact ‘biggest lie’ of 2010,” Hot Air’s Ed Morrissey writes, referring to the political fact-check site that cried foul over the phrase “A government takeover of health care.”

Pretty candid of what Obama and the Libs are after, God Bless America and our eroding freedoms
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pan View Post
Check out the article from Humana's CEO about the Healtcare Act not being affordable as the law claims

Leadership: Interview with Humana CEO Michael McCallister - Mar. 17, 2011
Where's that comparison you were gonna do between the original Healthcare Bill and the GOP filibustered watered-down version ?

Let me give you a hint how it works ..

Exotix is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Exotix For This Useful Post: