View Single Post
Old 07-23-2022, 3:34pm   #18
GTOguy
Barn Stall Owner #421
Activity: 99.1%

Thanked 8,072 Times in 3,991 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

SJW, the ST-10 uses a TH400 type of rear yoke, and the input is fine spline, unlike the early T-10's. So you'd be looking at changing the clutch disc and the trans output yoke. There are adaptor plates to mount the Hurst shifter to the ST-10, which has less mounting holes on the tailhousing than the old T-10's. (three vs five holes) I feel your pain on the side pipes.....I never cared for them on Sting Rays, as I feel it clutters up the clean lines of the car. Not to mention the performance sacrifice over a regular under-car system. The only reason I rebuilt my ST-10 with the stiff first gear was because it's a 904 high nickel iron case (super strong) with the good gears. First gear in my car is about useless, unless I was doing parade duty (which I don't). I usually start out in first and shift right to 3rd. With the 383 under the hood, I drive around town in 3rd and 4th gear pretty much all the time. I don't even bother getting on it in first gear, which is the weak link in the trans. When I get on it in second or third, the rear end kicks out as is. (bias ply skinny 6.70-15 tires)
GTOguy is offline   Reply With Quote