View Single Post
Old 01-24-2021, 12:58pm   #24
Mick
A Real Barner
Activity: 42.4%

Thanked 7,229 Times in 3,202 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $12721

I know my view will not be popular among some posters here, but here goes: The problem isn't a lack of "unity", it is that for the most part, conservatives want to be left alone to live their lives, and liberals want to throw the problems of other individuals in the faces of everyone else all the time. A few of the neighborhood liberals have told me this directly, and expressed that I am an asshole because I don't care that some person in another state is having trouble with their sexual identity; that it is a major "social issue", and it is incumbent on me to stand up for people like that. I just don't see it that way.

I really don't care that they feel that way about me, they are in their 20s, don't have degrees or full-time jobs, and still live with Mommy and Daddy (sure is easy to have time to get all wound up about social issues when you don't have to support yourself, or others), but when Liberals talk about "unity", what they really mean is they want to "reprogram" folks like me to think like these folks who consider me an asshole. That's just not going to work.
Mick is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mick For This Useful Post: