Old 08-28-2020, 11:06am   #20
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #102
Activity: 15.5%

Thanked 14,367 Times in 4,400 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $23243

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R View Post
Serious question: Why do positive cases with no symptoms now count more than deaths? Doesn't herd immunity rely partly on people getting it and developing some immunity? Why don't we protect those at danger of death (elderly and those with pre-existing conditions) instead of trying to "stop the spread" instead of "flattening the curve" like we were originally told?

If there really are hundreds of thousands of unreported asymptomatic cases that's a good thing for developing herd immunity.

Meanwhile, at least 10,000 more deaths from cancer are predicted because of the pandemic, which seems to be perfectly acceptable. 10,000 more cancer deaths predicted because of COVID-19 pandemic

We've gone insane and lost all common sense and perspective.
I never said positive cases counted more or less than deaths or hospitalizations. I was simply replying to a comment that the numbers are over inflated due to "multiple tests being counted" (which is rare) and does not happen here.

Herd immunity is great with some viruses, chicken pox, measles and other viruses. Think about viruses that are ne and done:.

Why does herd immunity not have the same application here? As we learn more, catching this virus does not appear to offer ANY long term immunity, so herd immunity is not helpful. I have had MANY patients with known COVID test negative for AB just a few months later. So immunity seems to be very short lived.

As far as the cancer/screenings.... I run a cancer screening clinic. We are back up and running full speed, with smart precautions. My patients are not waiting in a waiting room. They check in on the phone and come into the clinic and go straight to a room. I cannot speak for other states, I just know what we are doing here. We were shut down for a couple of months but are all caught up now.

All valid concerns.

More than that, the thing that bothers me the most is the people dying ALONE. I feel that is inhumane and they need to make special arrangements for these and other scenarios. I literally have nightmares about patients dying alone without their family.
C3C7NIC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to C3C7NIC For This Useful Post: