Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 34,346 Times in 13,936 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
It does not act as a "switch". If you want to say it acts as a "connector" as well as an electromagnet, I wouldn't disagree with you. But at least for the kind of starter motor in my Corvette (I admit to not knowing the details of how the push button starter in my truck works), the solenoid does not act as a switch in any way.

The switch in that circuit is the ignition switch. When I activate the ignition switch, voltage is delivered to the solenoid that is connected to the starter motor, which causes it to start turning. The solenoid is a "have power, deliver power" to the starter motor, and there is no "switching" that happens at the solenoid. All of the "on/off" switching happens at the ignition switch in my hand.

But your attempt at not admitting you were wrong by calling me "UD" is amusing.
It is a NO (Normally Open for the retarded)
contact. Better? As I said IT FKN COMPLETES THE CIRCUIT TO THE STARTER. Stick it up your ass dickweed.

EDIT: I don't know what your hardon is for me, but put your dick away. I'm not interested.

Quote:
The most common type of switch is an electromechanical device consisting of one or more sets of movable electrical contacts connected to external circuits. When a pair of contacts is touching current can pass between them, while when the contacts are separated no current can flow.
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote