DJ_Critterus
Explosive Salami
Stall Owner #1120.2520

Location: Not Ceasing & Desisting on the leeward side of Anger Island
Thanked 28,664 Times in 12,118 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9018209

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69camfrk View Post
It's not like you are designing a bridge and then having to build it. I am living proof that you don't have to be a math genius to be a pilot. That said, I haven't used my license in nearly 20 years. I love to do it, but kids, other shit, etc. Plus, it's a rich mans hobby. Save up!! Having the goal of getting your license is really fun though. I was about 16 hours deep into an instrument rating when I figured out that I was never going to fly for money...ever. Then it hit the skids.
Here's what i'm looking at cost-wise doing the actually flight training at the JAx Navy Flying Club on the base here. Even at an average of 58 flight hours, it comes out about $4-5K cheaper than doing the same training through the college where I work, and yes, I have the cash for this and more saved for when I want to attempt to be like Kobe and get my rotary PPL.

total cost includes flight time, instructor fees, examiner fees, equipment such as headphones, FAA exam prep, test fees, medical exam, monthly club dues of $40/m and yearly $30.00 insurance fees with training done in a Cessna 172 aircraft. Price goes down significantly with smaller planes but I want the training in the cessna.

I can't upload .PDF attchments.
Attached Files
Private Pilot Training Cost Estimate.pdf (61.4 KB, 15 views)
DJ_Critterus is offline   Reply With Quote