vtelvr
Barn Raising IV
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2412584

Quote:
Originally Posted by boracayjohnny View Post
When?

Do you both like beaches and heat?

How about night life...here's a sample of the open air clubs that have the overseas, open air vibe:

Miami Ocean Drive Nightlife - Sights and Sounds - YouTube
Time frame would be late Oct/Early November. Not so much clubbing type people. I am a cigar and coffee kind of guy, so thats some of the allure to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black94lt1 View Post
Never been but I’ll bet you get slapped at some point for looking at someone
Sunglasses, young grasshoppa.....sunglasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonC5 View Post
Born and raised there, but to be fair I left in 76, parents left in 92. There will be traffic, and lots of it. It will be expensive. There is tons of nightlife. If you want to go to South Beach, traffic will be grid locked, expect to pay $25+ to park, if you can find a place. Expect $10+ alcohol. Aside from that, lots to do. You may be able to catch a Marlins game, enjoy the zoo. You can go to the beach (Key Biscayne, north Miami Beach, Ft. Lauderdale); John Pennekamp Coral Reef Stat Park in the upper Keys, Everglades National Park.
No parking to spend $25+ on...won't have a car there. Uber and Lyft will be our savior there. Don't mind expensive drinks...we typically only have one or two each when out. I definitely will want to check out Key West, so that may actually be the ultimate destination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outrunm View Post
Miami is my hometown. Now that I am in my late 40’s, it has nothing I desire. YMMV, but we prefer the Tampa Bay Area. Plenty to do and see, but not the craziness of Miami.
We typically vacation in the Tampa bay/Clearwater/St. Pete area...love the Cuban vibe in Ybor City. That factors into a possible Miami trip.
vtelvr is offline   Reply With Quote