View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 12:20am   #94
LilRedCorvette
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.6%

Thanked 3,570 Times in 1,394 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3016342

Although my size is on the opposite end of the spectrum of the young lady pictured in the first post, this thread morphed into something more interesting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerInTN View Post
I'd just say that looking at this topic, no wonder most chicks don't stick around this forum long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-1701 View Post
I would venture to say you are correct plus the crudeness of some posters as well.
Pretty much.

Let me be clear here. All of my friends are men. Every last one of them. And I have spent plenty of time at the track. Therefore, thick skin is a must.

There is some good content here (cars/dogs/home improvement/food threads are more my interests), but it's easy to see how some women are turned off by/are run off of this forum.

Some comments I've seen are (and I'm not going to call individuals out by quoting them, as it defeats the purpose):

"Women are stupit"
"No wonder women make less than men"
and various other cute little epithets about women being barefoot/pregnant/in the kitchen/etc...

Kidding around or not...I don't know any woman who would like hearing/seeing that and sticking around for long.

I can't speak for Wendy at all, but I have a feeling this is the reason for her, and maybe others, departure.

Want women to post here? Then maybe lay off the keyboard commando stuff...if you wouldn't say it in person to someone, then don't type it out here.

I'm out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
"We want equality! Treat us the same!"

"WAAAAHHHH! YOU NEED TO CHANGE TO ACCOMODATE US!!!"

Women are free to discuss things that make us uncomfortable as well. They're not free to force anywhere they go to become a safe space and change for the sake of their delicate sensibilities.
Not at all. Just don't be a dick, simple as that. And not a delicate flower here, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdC6 View Post
Hey I'm not looking to date the woman on this forum. I treat everybody the same. This is a car forum not a knitting, or what hat goes good with my outfit forum. Like the rest of the real world there are majority and minority posters and a few Canadians!
Not looking to date any of you, either. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't treat others (male or female) with respect.

And I don't GAFF about knitting.
LilRedCorvette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LilRedCorvette For This Useful Post: