View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 2:09pm   #13
69camfrk
Barn Stall Owner #6969
NCM Supporter '11, '12,'17,'20
Activity: 5.8%

Thanked 11,527 Times in 5,040 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1071547

Your Uncle Joe looked like a cool guy. Sorry for your loss. I was telling my wife just this past weekend that we need to do better visiting our family here in Ga. They are close by, and we are close family. My Uncle Frank is next in age to my Mom who passed last October. He and my Aunt Evelyn are doing well, but when you are old, things happen fast. It's hard for me to imagine things any different than how they are, but time marches on, and I know that at any second things could be totally different. I'm certainly not trying to sound morbid, as I know my older relatives will start dropping like flies, and my generation is next on the list. At last, we must spend as much valuable time around people that mean the most to us, because it too will come to pass. It is tough leaving from the beach every year knowing that something could happen to one of your older relatives before the next beach trip. It brought a tear or two when we were leaving this past summer from Pawleys Island SC, a place I've spent countless hours on the beach through at least 4 decades.

I hope and pray that we may all get a few more good years out of each other before it turns ugly again....and again.
69camfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 69camfrk For This Useful Post: