Old 02-12-2011, 12:05pm   #72
Frizlefrak
Barn Stall Owner #46
Activity: 1.0%

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,214 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $4309769

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet 90 View Post
Yeah, really. I get so tired of the NASCAR bashing. Anyone who can strap themselves into a seat, running at over 200mph touching bumpers isn't no "Baby" in my book
Hell if these naysayers hate NASCAR so bad, your friends to the north would love to have it, now only if we can figure out how to cram all those races into 3 months
Better yet....the one I love "NASCAR drivers aren't athletes"

To which I always respond "Bullshit. Strap your soft round ass into that seat (if you can fit through the window) , subject yourself to 125 + degree cabin temps and extreme G forces at 190 mph for 4 + hours while having another driver who's enduring the same stress 2" from your door, and see how you feel when you're done (if you survive it)"

The drivers are all in very good physical condition (Though Smoke does need to lay off the burgers again, or the fence is gonna collapse next time he climbs it).

Joe Schmoe off the street could never endure what they go through weekend after weekend.

They are athletes, in the truest sense. If a football player makes a serious error, the other team recovers the ball and scores. If a NASCAR driver makes a serious error, people can (and sometimes do) die.

RIP Dale Earnhardt Sr. "Up front there oughtta be a man in black".
Frizlefrak is offline   Reply With Quote