View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 11:38am   #66
socalman
Barn Stall Owner #21
Activity: 1.3%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $850

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizlefrak View Post
Would stop using logic Kittah? You're destroying a perfectly good false assumption!!

GO SEE A RACE! You'll be hooked. And you have a track right in your neighborhood too! One piece of advice...rent the scanner (or buy one) so you can listen in to MRN or your favorite drivers.

If you watch every sprint cup race for a season, you'll have 80% of it down, and you'll be hooked. Next thing you know, football season has started and you're making excuses for not watching the games because you watched racing instead.

And when you've been a fan for a few years, you'll know not only the drivers and crew chief personalities, you'll know the rivalries and how they got started, the team owners and their quirks, the pit crew members, and so on.

I've been a fan since I was a kid, but it wasn't usually televised. I stopped following it for a long time, then got back into it heaving around 1995, just in time to see a young Jeff Gordon mop up the entire field weekend after weekend.....just like what Jimmie Johnson is doing now. Been a Hendrick fan ever since.
What's MRN?
socalman is offline   Reply With Quote