View Single Post
Old 08-23-2015, 9:32am   #418
five-oh
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,028 Times in 386 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $429031

Anybody still here? I had a physical two and a half weeks ago. I knew I was overweight, but had maintained the same weight for quite some time, so I really wasn't too inspired to lose, even though I am a fatty. I'm 5'8", was 251lbs...then the dr's office called with some abnormal liver results. Doc says probably fatty liver, probably just keep an eye on it, but it scared me slap to death over the weekend that I couldn't talk with him. Since I've never drank alcoholic beverages, it was obviously my diet.
I immediately cold-turkey'ed sodas, including my beloved morning Dr Pepper every day, quit burger joints, turned up the water intake, nixed the red meat, and became a salad lover. Averaging between 1,000 and 1400 calories a day so far, mostly on the lower end of that. Haven't upped the exercise a lot because I struggle to find time to.
This morning, scale read 236. (It's an old scale, not sure how accurate, but it was the same scale the 251 reading came from).
Someone needs to get back in here and keep me encouraged. Goal is 200 lbs, preferably by the end of the year...then reassess.
five-oh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to five-oh For This Useful Post: