Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64
Activity: 1.4%

Thanked 10,171 Times in 4,729 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11380138

Quote:
Originally Posted by VITE1 View Post
When I was younger we'd go camping in the winter. The coldest it ever got was -20f. If you have the right equipment and know what you're doing you're fine.

I am just to old and grumpy to put up with it anymore.
We camped out in the winter when I was in the Boy Scouts. The worst I think it was six straight days and nights, never got about freezing. We had, um, equipment. It was not the right equipment apparently because I was freezing cold all night long every night, and my stash of Ho Hos and Ding Dongs only lasted through the first three days. We basically spent hours on end huddled around the fire and often I'd get up in the middle of the night to get warm by the fire only to find several scout masters and kids doing the same.

When I got home my mom threw away some of my clothing. They were so foul from smoke that even after washing several times they still were reeking up the laundry room. Even my sleeping bag was ruined because I'd just leave my clothing on 24/7. Changing clothes or getting undressed was something only a crazy man would suggest.
Cybercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote