10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 42,507 Times in 17,713 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybercowboy View Post
We were taught at a young age about gun safety, my wife's family were heavily involved in the local BB gun team (Joplin had the top team in the nation for years) and they were really serious about gun safety. By the age of 11 I had fired a fully automatic weapon. Briefly, at a range with several adults supervising. Also shot skeet that day for the first time and surprised my dad and uncle because I was hitting about 7 or 8 out of ten every time.

That said, we didn't have access to guns at our house. I had lots of friends that did and any time someone suggested doing anything sneaky with their parent's guns I'd shut it right down. About the most we ever did was take some .22 rifles out to the chat piles and plink.

I think it is very irresponsible to have guns stored in drawers or closets where kids can get to them. I don't have kids, but when there are some here I make sure there's nothing they can accidentally find.

Oh, and that video is a steaming pile of excrement. Especially enjoy the last part where they encourage kids to turn in their parents. How Stalineque.
*D.A.R.E.-esque
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote