View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 1:06pm   #1
Brett K
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2004620
Default Insurance networks and billing disputes

I had the unfortunate circumstance of being taken to the ER by ambulance last month due to a back injury and I couldn't get out of bed or walk. I'm feeling better now, but just in time for all of the insurance hassles.i have what I thought was a good plan with BCBS. I knew I would have a small copayment for the ambulance ride. My wife called 911 and an ambulance was dispatched for the 5 minute ride. Of course the ambulance service that was contacted was "out of network". My insurance issued me a check for what they would have payed for an in-network service minus my copayment. The ambulance company now sends me a bill for more than double that amount for 1000. This is where phone calls get me...

Insurance company blames the ambulance company for being greedy and not agreeing to their pricing to become an in-network provider. They say the ambulance company should be flexible in pricing and agree to their rate given it was an emergency.

The ambulance company blames my insurance company for being cheap and claim their rates our standard and in line with Medicare approved pricing. They say the insurance should be flexible in covering the additional cost given it was an emergency situation.

I seem to be in the middle and not getting anywhere with either place. I'm ok with paying extra but I'm not going to get bent over and pay more than double. I will tell them I can only afford a $1 a month for the next 1000 months I am not even sure who I should be pissed at with all of this nonsense or who I have the most leverage with to agree on a reasonable rate.
Brett K is offline   Reply With Quote