Barn Stall Owner #2112
Fantasy Football Champ '14,'16,'20
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 0%

Thanked 10,607 Times in 6,383 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3043611

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstreet View Post
Welp,the wife got stuck in a snow bank. She was on the way home from volunteering at the dog rescue. We live in the country and the rescue is in the country also,so there is no good way to come home. She was about a mile and half from home where she got stuck. I hopped on the tractor and tried plowing my way to her. I could only approach her from the front as it is about a 3-4 mile trip to try to reach her from the opposite direction. With it still snowing and the 35 mph winds, the snow was drifting the paths shut of what I just plowed. I almost got stuck twice myself. I was still about 80 yards from her when county sheriff showed up in a 4-wheel drive from the opposite direction and got as close as could to her. He said that the plows have given up for the day because they were fighting a losing battle. I told them that there is no way I could get to her and get her out,so we left the car there until the plows can get the car out. He was nice enough to he take her home. That was about an hour and a half ordeal.

We have about 12" of snow with the winds still about 25-35 mph. The temperature is supposed to be about -10* overnight and the highs tomorrow -5*. Wind chill to -40*. Now it's time for me to go finish thawing!
Great. That's coming my way..

Thank God your wife is safe. That's scary shit right there.
Jeff '79 is offline   Reply With Quote