The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Politics & Religion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   O'Reilly is an ass (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7733)

BuckyThreadkiller 02-06-2011 4:56pm

O'Reilly is an ass

Disagree with the man, but he's the fricking President of the United States, show some respect, dammit.

atomic punk 02-06-2011 4:58pm

i'd have a hard time with it too. he don't act like the president of the u.s. bowing to the suadi king or who ever it was...

Jeff '79 02-06-2011 4:59pm

I totally agree...

dwjz06 02-06-2011 4:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckyThreadkiller (Post 128654)
Disagree with the man, but he's the fricking President of the United States, show some respect, dammit.

I agree to a point, but Bill is known to apply pressure to everyone he sits down with. I personaly do not like Obama either, but if i was still in the service he is the Commander in Chief.

thkauffman 02-06-2011 5:00pm

Yes, bcuz Bush was shown so much respect.

Obama has been given a pass. And I'd respect the office, not the man.

Exotix 02-06-2011 5:04pm

Quote:

Why ... what did Bill'O the Clown say or do now ?

C5Nate 02-06-2011 5:04pm

Quote:

Really? No.

Same as you cant respect a Judge or Police Officer who are **** ups.

lspencer534 02-06-2011 5:05pm

Quote:

Bucky, the times-they-are-a'changin'. I totally agree that the POTUS should be shown respect, for the office if nothing else. But, everyone is on a first-name basis now, authority is questioned (often wisely), and people aren't nearly so willing to believe something just because the gubmint says it. That leads to a lot more familiarity than we used to have. It's a fine line, respect vs. skepticism, and I think we'll just have to settle for "agree to disagree".

jda67gta 02-06-2011 5:11pm

Can't watch either one of 'em. Together or separately.....

LATB 02-06-2011 5:15pm

I thought BillO was respectful

he's not gonna let anyone...including the POTUS bloviate...it's his style and Obama knew it going in.

no biggie. I thought it was good. Obama was likeable...bill was Bill.
:cheers:

oahuyahoo 02-06-2011 5:15pm

Quote:

You don't want to sit down opposite that guy if he has opposing viewpoints from yourself, he'll attempt to tear you a new a hole. I have no problem with friendly debate be he has no boundaries or respect.

BuckyThreadkiller 02-06-2011 5:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by oahuyahoo (Post 128688)
You don't want to sit down opposite that guy if he has opposing viewpoints from yourself, he'll attempt to tear you a new a hole. I have no problem with friendly debate be he has no boundaries or respect.

Exactly. I took journalism and debate in school and respecting the time and the integrity of the person you are opposite is key to making your point - otherwise you present the impression that you, and not your ideas, are the focus.

ANYTIME a 'journalist' uses the phrase "many people say..." it is editorializing and not looking for real answers. Its a copout means of asking questions he or she is too cowardly to ask. The only people worse that the Fox guys are the talking heads on 60 Minutes.

OddBall 02-06-2011 5:44pm

Didn't see it. But I agree O'Reilly is harsh mofo. On the other hand; Obama knows this

JRD77VET 02-06-2011 5:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by OddBall (Post 128717)
Didn't see it. But I agree O'Reilly is harsh mofo. On the other hand; Obama knows this

:iagree: Just maybe things would be easier on the pres if he came forth with his birth certificate and didn't spend millions of dollars hiding his college records.

That said, I just don't trust him and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.

OddBall 02-06-2011 6:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRD77VET (Post 128727)
:iagree: Just maybe things would be easier on the pres if he came forth with his birth certificate and didn't spend millions of dollars hiding his college records.

That said, I just don't trust him and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.

Obama can make you actually miss Clinton.

JRD77VET 02-06-2011 6:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by OddBall (Post 128732)
Obama can make you actually miss Clinton.

:yesnod: :willy:

RedLS1GTO 02-06-2011 6:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by thkauffman (Post 128663)
Yes, bcuz Bush was shown so much respect

Shhhhhh....

It is ok to disrespect him because he is a Republican. It is only inappropriate if it is a Democrat that you speak negatively about or disrespect. Don't you know yet how these things work?

Uncle Pervey 02-06-2011 6:14pm

O'Rielly is a harsh assho!e but as a Libertarian I agree with a lot of things he is behind. However there are a lot of other things on the Conservative agenda that I am dead set against.
As far as Obama goes, I personally believe that the POTUS is probably a fairly nice guy and wants to do a good job but he is so far out of his league dealing with the rest of the hardasses around the world he ain't got a chance of being anything other than mediocre.
The best we can hope for is that he doesn't screw the nation up any worse than it already is. :leaving:

zsr22 02-06-2011 6:30pm

Respect is earned, not given. At least it used to be that way...

Exotix 02-06-2011 7:19pm