The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Knee surgery (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2840)

Dougzilla 05-11-2010 8:09am

Knee surgery

Having knee surgery sucks . It sure is cutting into my car show/cruise in scene latletly. Getting in the Vette is a chore. The worst part is there is nothing on TV during the day time.

WKMCD 05-11-2010 8:27am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dougzilla (Post 35412)
Having knee surgery sucks . It sure is cutting into my car show/cruise in scene latletly. Getting in the Vette is a chore. The worst part is there is nothing on TV during the day time.

Having had 13 major knee surgeries on one knee - including 2 total knee replacement on the same knee - I have to agree. Usually the pain meds make reading impossible. I did discover pay-per-view movies on the cable box and ran the bill up while I was home.

Get better and do the rehab...

Z06PDQ 05-11-2010 9:20am

my Mom [rest her soul] had her left knee replaced. when she finally got through rehab & the doc told her her right knee needed it, too she said "hell no...I ain't going through that again." she went from a cane to a walker after that. good luck & stay with that rehab. :cheers:

Crowvet 05-11-2010 9:43am

Quote:

When I had Knee surgery I wanted to go to the car show so bad. You should have saw me with one T top off for the crutches to stick through and driving a four speed with my right leg.:lol:

Dougzilla 05-11-2010 10:18am

Thanks for the comments guys. :cheers:

wwomanC6 05-11-2010 10:22am

Doug, I feel your pain w/ nothing to watch on TV, lol. The news is getting old! That's why I'm on here so much. Hope ya feel better soon and the knee heals up.
Like everyone said, keep up the physical therapy. I'm not able to do mine here in the hospital and my pain in the neck is coming back. Stay with it to keep the healing going. Do ya like to read? Good time to catch up on a book. Think of all the puter surfin' ya can get done. Catch up w/ Friends on email or facebook. Hobbies - Do ya have any hobbies ya like to do?

Just trying to be helpful:) :cheers:

:squirrelrun:

1TZSLO 05-11-2010 11:21am

Quote:

NET FLIX!!!:cheers:

2ez 2spd 05-11-2010 6:22pm

Good luck with your surgery I hope your Doc is able to get you fixed. I have had the same knee worked on a couple of times and it is still not right but I don't think its bad enough to go through more surgery, I hope you have better results than me.

Munch 05-11-2010 7:04pm

When I had my hip replacement I would get up in the morning, do my therapy, take dilauded, pass out, wake up do therapy, take dilauded, pass out, wake up, do therapy, take dilauded, pass out.. seemed like I was better in no time!

Good luck with the recovery.

NEVRL8T 05-11-2010 9:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munch (Post 35501)
When I had my hip replacement I would get up in the morning, do my therapy, take dilauded, pass out, wake up do therapy, take dilauded, pass out, wake up, do therapy, take dilauded, pass out.. seemed like I was better in no time!

Good luck with the recovery.

I used to do the exact same thing! Except I didn't have my hip replaced. K4's FTW!!!! :leaving: