The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Let's Talk about Swiffer Dusters (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137476)

Bill 04-24-2024 4:58pm

Let's Talk about Swiffer Dusters

I hate dusting. Hate it. I'd prefer to clean the shower and toilet rather than dust. OK, so I bought a "Swiffer" duster and a big box of refills.

So, how do they work? How often do I need to change the duster head? How am I supposed to know I need to change it? I'm assuming they can't be cleaned?

So, great wisdomful VBOT, what do I need to know here (about dusting with the Swiffer specifically, thanks)?

Onebadcad 04-24-2024 5:00pm

Two things I do not do, dust and re-dust,,, for Christ sakes man!!

SurfnSun 04-24-2024 5:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill (Post 2250916)
I hate dusting. Hate it. I'd prefer to clean the shower and toilet rather than dust. OK, so I bought a "Swiffer" duster and a big box of refills.

So, how do they work? How often do I need to change the duster head? How am I supposed to know I need to change it? I'm assuming they can't be cleaned?

So, great wisdomful VBOT, what do I need to know here (about dusting with the Swiffer specifically, thanks)?

Wow, it’s pretty clear you’ve never used one :funny:

You’ll know when it’s time to change.

Bill 04-24-2024 5:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onebadcad (Post 2250918)
Two things I do not do, dust and re-dust,,, for Christ sakes man!!

Thnaks!

Solid advice (advise).

GTOguy 04-24-2024 5:18pm

I use it on the hardwood and tile floors. I vacuum the lint and dust off it and get a month out of a pad or more. The dirtier they get, to a point, the better they pick up dust and lint.

dvarapala 04-24-2024 5:25pm

Quote:

None of us know - that's woman's work. :shrug:

Bruze 04-24-2024 5:40pm

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Attachment 100675

Bruze 04-24-2024 5:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvarapala (Post 2250937)

Yep, wait til one of the three resident babes shows up. https://i.postimg.cc/tCLrF1Jj/whistle.gif

Bill 04-24-2024 5:42pm

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruze (Post 2250941)

I said,

Quote:

Murray 04-24-2024 5:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvarapala (Post 2250937)

This ^^^^ I haven’t dusted or gone grocery shopping in over 30 yrs

Bruze 04-24-2024 5:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill (Post 2250943)
I said,

If none of the 3 babes show up, go to Barefootandpregnant.com and ask. :eek:

YW. :cert:

Vandelay Industries 04-24-2024 6:16pm

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my duster and no, you can't borrow it.

Attachment 100676

Bruze 04-24-2024 6:38pm

Why do I suddenly have an urge for a vanilla milkshake?

https://i.imgur.com/6NdWTxX.gif

slewfoot 04-24-2024 7:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill (Post 2250943)
I said,

Okay, We have one. We use it in other rooms and spray some cleaner on the bottom and mop around until it gets too dirty, then switch out. Not that great on tile because of the grout being a bit lower.

We only use a regular mop in the kitchen area. We have some laminated flooring fortunately my wife walks around in bare feet. If you use furniture polish, that floor gets pretty damn slick but looks great!

If I walk around in socks, Im an accident waiting to happen. bare feet stick better

Bill 04-24-2024 7:51pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by slewfoot (Post 2250970)
Okay, We have one. We use it in other rooms and spray some cleaner on the bottom and mop around until it gets too dirty, then switch out. Not that great on tile because of the grout being a bit lower.

We only use a regular mop in the kitchen area. We have some laminated flooring fortunately my wife walks around in bare feet. If you use furniture polish, that floor gets pretty damn slick but looks great!

If I walk around in socks, Im an accident waiting to happen. bare feet stick better

Damn, I didn't know it was for floors, I was just looking to dust furniture. I use a mop on the tile and wood floors.....occasionally.

slewfoot 04-24-2024 7:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill (Post 2250976)
Damn, I didn't know it was for floors, I was just looking to dust furniture. I use a mop on the tile and wood floors.....occasionally.

https://i.imgur.com/n2QJx0O.png

Okay, for furniture and such, you need a microfiber hand duster. You clean a bit, take it outside and shake it off, then come back inside and continue. They work well.

They make them for floors also. The movement produces a bit of static electricity so the dust sticks to it

Swany00 04-24-2024 8:06pm

they're magic, that's how they work

Bruze 04-24-2024 8:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by slewfoot (Post 2250979)
https://i.imgur.com/n2QJx0O.png

Okay, for furniture and such, you need a microfiber hand duster. You clean a bit, take it outside and shake it off, then come back inside and continue. They work well.

They make them for floors also. The movement produces a bit of static electricity so the dust sticks to it

I have one similar to that. It has a telescoping handle so you can do ceilings or whatever. :)

Yadkin 04-24-2024 8:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Baron (Post 2250940)
I had to bite my tongue at first, but seriously, you can try this kind of spray to help minimize your efforts. Office Supply(rip off) and other stores sell them. If it's grungy, caked on dirt it won't work. Do post photos of your progress, but not the maid costume.

Great idea. Take the shit off of the surfaces and back into the air. :seasix:

Yadkin 04-24-2024 8:39pm

Since Baby Doll has purchased, and displayed, the chachkas, I refuse to dust the little bastards. That is solely her job.

Floors are my job. Instead of the inferior Swifter, I go it it with a three step process:
  • Vacuum
  • Bona dry microfiber floor duster. This is a washable head that Velcros to a 5' long handle.
  • Bona spray and microfiber mop head, works like the duster except it's a wet process. Requires no rinsing and dries quickly.

Then the washable heads go into the laundry. Again, not my venue.

Any dusting that I do is inside of cars and of course the "man rooms"; garage, cold closet and tool room. When I have to dust in the tool room I vacuum first, microfiber towel dampened with water or if on wood. Bona hardwood floor cleaner.