The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Vette Barn Tour Bus or Cruise Ship (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137293)

GTOguy 04-10-2024 11:44am

Vette Barn Tour Bus or Cruise Ship

Just think of all of us VB members, trapped in close proximity for days on end with no escape route. Either on a tour bus or on a cruise ship. With audio of GrandSportC3 and RedLS1GTO bickering about EV's over the P. A. system the entire time.
Maybe a cruise ship would be better, due to no way to bail as you started to lose your marbles.....you'd have to stick it out. We could have dodgeball, boxing, skeet shooting off the stern, etc.

Just a bunch of like-minded, easy-going people out for a cruise. Listening to the soothing sounds of "**** TESLA! **** YOU!" and "Never mind that, if your percentages line up, and you are not in Austria, it goes to show that..." over the PA, 24/7.
VB members under 60 must go un-armed
VB members over 60 get to carry pepper spray for self defense purposes
VB members over 70 get to carry pistols for self defense purposes

Sound viable?? Just think of sitting at a dinner table with Yadkin, Big Bob, Critterus, GTOguy, Slewfoot (**** that guy), Lars, Frankie, BadCad, Anjdog ,Bruze, and on and on.
What an interesting trip it would be. Hell, Louie Detroit could even host a radio repair class.

vettemed 04-10-2024 11:48am

**** all of that shit.

GTOguy 04-10-2024 11:54am

Of course, all of the formerly suspended VB members would be encouraged to participate. StoryTellerStealth, Ill Duce, RealBadger, etc.

Yadkin 04-10-2024 12:48pm

I've done my one ocean cruise. River cruising, on the other hand...

Onebadcad 04-10-2024 12:48pm

If everyone decides to meet up and cruise out of Port Everglades, the bestest seaport in the world offering the most options, I would buy the first lunch onboard.

Mick 04-10-2024 12:53pm

If someone was pointing a gun at me, and told me to get on a cruise ship or they would shoot me, I think I would choose getting shot. :yesnod:

6spdC6 04-10-2024 12:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTOguy (Post 2244581)
Just think of all of us VB members, trapped in close proximity for days on end with no escape route. Either on a tour bus or on a cruise ship. With audio of GrandSportC3 and RedLS1GTO bickering about EV's over the P. A. system the entire time.
Maybe a cruise ship would be better, due to no way to bail as you started to lose your marbles.....you'd have to stick it out. We could have dodgeball, boxing, skeet shooting off the stern, etc.

Just a bunch of like-minded, easy-going people out for a cruise. Listening to the soothing sounds of "**** TESLA! **** YOU!" and "Never mind that, if your percentages line up, and you are not in Austria, it goes to show that..." over the PA, 24/7.
VB members under 60 must go un-armed
VB members over 60 get to carry pepper spray for self defense purposes
VB members over 70 get to carry pistols for self defense purposes

Sound viable?? Just think of sitting at a dinner table with Yadkin, Big Bob, Critterus, GTOguy, Slewfoot (**** that guy), Lars, Frankie, BadCad, Anjdog ,Bruze, and on and on.
What an interesting trip it would be. Hell, Louie Detroit could even host a radio repair class.

Interesting I did two cruises sponsored by the NCM. The first one was a 2 week Alaska land and Sea cruise (2004). We had a 100 Vette people on board. Spent a lot of time talking to Wendel Stroud and also past chief engineer Dave McLellan! The cruise was set up that we had good accommodations and plenty of fun. Way too much booze and plenty of decent food!

The second 2 week cruise a couple years later was South to Mexico and South America. Again a great bunch of people and a very good time.

Onebadcad 04-10-2024 12:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 2244629)
If someone was pointing a guy at me, and told me to get on a cruise ship or they would shoot me, I think I would choose getting shot. :yesnod:

Yeah, me too, I have only been on four cruises.

Best one was a family one, 50+ of us, did a lot of late night drinking each night after the wifey and kiddies called it a day
Each night in bar until 3 AM when they kicked us out; also paid $200 for a round of golf on a shit course in Grand Cayman, but it was still fun.

The only way I would cruise again if I knew I had enough doods to keep me company at the bar until it closed; the food and the shows are for the ladies.

Onebadcad 04-10-2024 1:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Baron (Post 2244638)
Gonna book a trip for August on Jerry's Rogue Jets. I heard it was cool...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaSgCl24f70

If your wife is your cousin, she gets a free seat.

04 commemorative 04-10-2024 1:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yadkin (Post 2244624)
I've done my one ocean cruise. River cruising, on the other hand...

Wife refuses to go on an ocean cruise but I think I could get her to do a river cruise...tell me about them :seasix:

Onebadcad 04-10-2024 1:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Baron (Post 2244642)
Otherwise known as Carnival Cruise Lines...

Went on one, ONLY ONE, carnival cruises.
It is the lower-tier of pricing, thus the lowest-end passengers.
Pretty certain carnival gives you an additional 85% discount if you can prove your primary is on wheels, or you have a bingo card from the last trailer park event.

vettemed 04-10-2024 1:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onebadcad (Post 2244646)
Pretty certain carnival gives you an additional 85% discount if you can prove your primary is on wheels, or you have a bingo card from the last trailer park event.

13% of the country gets a 87% discount, or something like that, it looks like.

6spdC6 04-10-2024 1:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onebadcad (Post 2244646)

My wife and I have done 16 cruises, most of them at least 2 weeks in duration.

We have used Royal Caribbean for 6 cruises and Princess for the rest, that includes the two NCM cruises I mentioned before. No way in hell do I want to go on a Carnival or Disney ship.

When my son at 22 got married I sent him and his new wife on a Carnival Ship as a honeymoon present but they were much younger and of course had a good time with that company.

DJ_Critterus 04-10-2024 1:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by vettemed (Post 2244583)
**** all of that shit.

Exactly! 'Specially since GTO would probably wear nothing but a banana hammock around the pool....and probably to dinner :ack:

Onebadcad 04-10-2024 1:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6spdC6 (Post 2244656)
My wife and I have done 16 cruises, most of them at least 2 weeks in duration.

We have used Royal Caribbean for 6 cruises and Princess for the rest, that includes the two NCM cruises I mentioned before. No way in hell do I want to go on a Carnival or Disney ship.

When my son at 22 got married I sent him and his new wife on a Carnival Ship as a honeymoon present but they were much younger and of course had a good time with that company.

carnvial is geared towards the young ones, looking for alcohol and not much else.

When I did the carny cruise, back in 2006, meet four young doods at the piano bar, all college kids, they booked one day before the cruise date, each paid $250 for seven days.
Their only complaint it was dark and hot in their cabin, which was next to the engine room, did not bother them as they said they got drunk each night and crashed in a poolside chaise--I bought them a round or two, they were good company, all were very right.

dvarapala 04-10-2024 1:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTOguy (Post 2244581)
Just think of all of us VB members, trapped in close proximity for days on end with no escape route. Either on a tour bus or on a cruise ship.

Open bar? :waiting:

Louie Detroit 04-10-2024 1:50pm

1 Attachment(s)
Roll Up, Roll Up - Magical Mystery Tour time. Can anyone paste some CFOT head shots on this pic? Bruze?

Onebadcad 04-10-2024 1:53pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by vettemed (Post 2244583)
**** all of that shit.

So, you are out??
I was thinking of hiring strippers, and bringing some of my 40-year on the trip.

mrvette 04-10-2024 1:58pm

1 Attachment(s)
try this....

GTOguy 04-10-2024 1:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvarapala (Post 2244662)
Open bar? :waiting:

Of course. I think it would have to be out of FLA since most of the folks here are either in FLA or nearby. River cruises would be great, but too much opportunity for escape.
Seriously, I've been on 3 cruises, Caribbean, Hawaii, Mexico, on Viking, and they were excellent. This was 30+ years back.