The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Activist group calls for end to property tax... (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136935)

zeek 03-18-2024 1:01pm

Activist group calls for end to property tax...

In Chicago a black activist group are demanding more reparations for slavery in the form of no property tax for descendants of slavery. My God....when is enough enough? Time to tell them to STFU....:yesnod:

Activist group calls for property tax reparations for Black Chicagoans....

CHICAGO - An activist group is demanding that the City of Chicago and Cook County cease property tax charges to Black Chicagoans as part of reparations.

Howard Ray, founder of Reconstruction Era Reparation Act Now (RERAN), emphasized that escalating municipal and county taxes are leading to the displacement of Black residents from their homes.

Ray asserted that Reconstruction, initiated by Republicans after the Civil War, was prematurely halted by Democrats and remains incomplete.

Yet these fools keep voting these same democrats into office every time!:kick:

https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/pr...ack-chicagoans

Steve_R 03-18-2024 1:03pm

Sounds good to me. When most white people flee Shitcago and it turns into hell on earth they can deal with it.

Vette40th 03-18-2024 1:27pm

Property tax does need to go away.. I want to actually own my house, car.

DJ_Critterus 03-18-2024 1:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeek (Post 2233761)
In Chicago a black activist group are demanding more reparations for slavery in the form of no property tax for descendants of slavery. My God....when is enough enough? Time to tell them to STFU....:yesnod:

Activist group calls for property tax reparations for Black Chicagoans....

CHICAGO - An activist group is demanding that the City of Chicago and Cook County cease property tax charges to Black Chicagoans as part of reparations.

Howard Ray, founder of Reconstruction Era Reparation Act Now (RERAN), emphasized that escalating municipal and county taxes are leading to the displacement of Black residents from their homes.

Ray asserted that Reconstruction, initiated by Republicans after the Civil War, was prematurely halted by Democrats and remains incomplete.

Yet these fools keep voting these same democrats into office every time!:kick:

https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/pr...ack-chicagoans

cane we call the program Reconstructing African People Era..... RAPE?

DJ_Critterus 03-18-2024 1:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vette40th (Post 2233777)

I like what FL does for us 100% disabled vets, LEO, and first responders.... Homestead exemption, no fees for trash pick up or sewer, but we still lose our asses like everyone in closing costs when buying/selling a house.

Don Rickles 03-18-2024 1:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus (Post 2233785)
I like what FL does for us 100% disabled vets, LEO, and first responders.... Homestead exemption, no fees for trash pick up or sewer, but we still lose our asses like everyone in closing costs when buying/selling a house.

What about the midget LEO’s and mentally challenged crossing guards?:confused5:

DJ_Critterus 03-18-2024 1:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Rickles (Post 2233787)
What about the midget LEO’s and mentally challenged crossing guards?:confused5:

they only get half :yesnod:

CurtP 03-18-2024 1:57pm

You'd shit if you saw the Cook and surrounding counties property tax. It's downright criminal.

Vette40th 03-18-2024 2:04pm

Quote:

Yes, they do some of that here. Closing costs on a VA loan are very low. Especially Disabled Vets. Some benefits..

Steve_R 03-18-2024 2:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by CurtP (Post 2233791)
You'd shit if you saw the Cook and surrounding counties property tax. It's downright criminal.

Because lots of welfare leeches there. Gotta pay for all that free housing, food and medical care somehow.

Vette40th 03-18-2024 2:14pm

We need to stop subsidizing the sick lame and lazy

Torqaholic 03-18-2024 2:27pm

gubbermint is talking about confiscating the homes of medicaid patients after they die to recover the money they've spent on them. Going to need this explained to me since medicaid is a feature of welfare and owning assets is not allowed. Since when are they allowed to own homes? To qualify for welfare a person needs to liquidate assets and live off the proceeds prior to receiving assistance.

dvarapala 03-18-2024 3:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeek (Post 2233761)
In Chicago a black activist group are demanding more reparations for slavery in the form of no property tax for descendants of slavery.

How many of those descendants actually own any real property? The vast majority of said descendants aren't going to receive anything under this program. Brilliant!! :funniest:

zeek 03-18-2024 3:30pm

Quote:

:iagree: Totally. My home is paid for so why do I still pay taxes? We still have to pay for water, sewer and trash. All forms of sales tax and property tax should be eliminated once you reach a certain age.:yesnod:

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvarapala (Post 2233812)
How many of those descendants actually own any real property? The vast majority of said descendants aren't going to receive anything under this program. Brilliant!! :funniest:

:iagree: Most of them live in Section 8 apartment housing anyway...:yesnod:

MadInNc 03-18-2024 3:36pm

I just can’t believe what a shit show Chicago has become. Old man Daley must be rolling in his grave

ratflinger 03-18-2024 3:46pm

Quote:

just can’t believe what a shit show Chicago has become. Old man Daley must be rolling in his grave

I want to see a few of them rolled into their graves!

Don Rickles 03-18-2024 3:54pm

I’m 110% happy to pay the local police force for their “discriminatory” traffic stops!

Crossing into our township if non Caucasian is let’s just say, risky…..:leaving:

Pay up ya cheap fuks!

Yadkin 03-18-2024 3:58pm

Quote:

In SC your property taxes are cheap. That same house in NY would be three to five times more.

LATB 03-18-2024 5:16pm

If they bring that chit to Florida...I will identify as a black man and be exempt of property taxes.

Winning!!!... :dance:

04 commemorative 03-18-2024 5:44pm

Quote:

I know 3 vets that have lied to the VA 2 with help from other vets coaching them what to say and all 3 pay zero property taxes ! Now one of them is going after the Camp Lejeune water $$ and has none of the effects they are saying.