The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Can you Dig It!?!? Foreign Gangs Join Forces in NYC to Terrorize Americans (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136338)

Bill 02-13-2024 8:34am

Can you Dig It!?!? Foreign Gangs Join Forces in NYC to Terrorize Americans

https://nypost.com/2024/02/13/news/f...up-with-ms-13/

Quote:

Deadly alliance brewing between MS-13 and bloodthirsty Venezuelan Tren de Aragua gang behind NYC cellphone robberies, FBI fears

By Social Links for Isabel Vincent
Published Feb. 13, 2024, 5:00 a.m. ET

A brutal Venezuelan gang which has used the border crisis to set up in New York could join forces with the feared MS-13, a senior FBI agent has told The Post.

Tren de Aragua, which law enforcement is warning is rapidly expanding its criminal empire with a spate of brazen phone robberies in the five boroughs, is now a priority for the FBI, Special Agent in Charge John Morales said.

Morales, the special agent in charge of the El Paso division in Texas, said the agency is closely monitoring Tren de Aragua’s growth and is concerned about it forming alliances with existing networks.

The Post revealed Monday how the Venezuelan gang, which established a bloody crime network across South America, is now replicating its methods in New York, recruiting among new migrants at shelters to set up cellphone robbery gangs — and using its international reach to traffic the phones to Colombia to be sold.

Now Morales is warning that it, MS-13 and other gangs could become temporary allies — and said that the FBI is actively sharing intelligence about Tren de Aragua.
Tattooed members of MS-13 gang 6
The FBI is warning that MS-13 gang members, such as leader (center) Ãlmer Canales, could team up with Tren de Aragua, a Venezuelan gang that has embedded themselves with a surge of migrants crossing the southern border.
Venezuelan gang members sit on ground after a military raid at the Tocoron prison in state of Aragua last year 6
Tren de Aragua gang members after a raid at the Tocoron prison in Venezuela last year. Dozens of gang members escaped, and made their way north to the US embedded with groups of migrants. ZUMAPRESS.com

“While these gangs wouldn’t normally mix, it’s always going to be a concern as the gang [Tren de Aragua] expands in strength and establishes a foothold,” said Morales said in an exclusive interview with The Post.

“Right now we are working with our local law enforcement partners and sharing intelligence in order to stop the growth of Tren de Aragua.”

Gang members generally pass through border cities, such as El Paso, en route to other parts of the US, said Morales.

Border Patrol agents apprehended 41 Tren de Aragua members along the US southern border between October 2022 and September 2023 — and the FBI is now pleading with Venezuelan migrants to report gang members, offering them witness protection and temporary visas if they do.
The NYPD has arrested two men in connection to a crew of migrants who have been stealing cellphones while riding mopeds. 6
The NYPD has arrested two men in connection to a crew of migrants who have been stealing cellphones while riding mopeds. NYPD
Tren de Aragua's empite of crime. A step-by-step graphic showing. 1: Tren de Aragua gang members cross the border, claim asylum and head for NYC. 2. Gangsters recruit other migrants at shelters. They send WhatsApps saying: "Need phones. I have dollars. I'm available. Go get them." 3. Two-man squads on mopeds snatch phones from people using them in NYC streets. 4. Robbers keep phones unlocked and rush them to Tren de Aragua stash houses. 5. Hackers drain cash apps and make fraudulent transactions in US and South America. 6. Gang sends phones to Bogota, Colombia. They are wiped and sold by Tren de Aragua fronts. 6
Go Nakamura for NY Post; Christopher Sadowski; NYPD; Google Maps; Adobe Stock; Alamy

“Their first victims are their fellow Venezuelans,” said Morales, adding that the gang tries to recruit new members among their own migrant community.

They extort Venezuelans by demanding that they pay bribes in exchange for protection and even to cross the border into from Venezuela into Colombia and from Mexico into the US, he said.

Tren de Aragua has taken advantage of an explosion in Venezuelan migration to come across the southern border. There were more than 340,000 “encounters” with migrants from the country at the border last year, making them second only to Mexicans.

Another expert warned that there is also a risk of turf wars between gangs.

“They are already coming over as hardened criminals,” said Robert Almonte, a security consultant and former US Marshal in El Paso.
Migrants wade across Rio Grande River, walk on dirt road towards a processing center, Eagle Pass, Texas. 6
The border crisis has allowed Tren de Aragua members to enter the United States by claiming asylum. REUTERS

“But they [Tren de Aragua] could certainly be trying to recruit others to join the gang in the US.

“I wouldn’t rule out the possibility that they could form alliances with other gangs, but what’s more likely to happen is that turf wars break out as each gang fights to control their own criminal enterprise.”

Tren de Aragua has its origins in a Venezuelan prison and has exploded into Colombia, Peru and Chile, where it is known for the brutal torture and murder of its victims, including prostitutes whom it routinely executes to take control of the sex trade.

In the US, the gang has been making inroads in Chicago and Miami, where a gang member was recently arrested after the murder of a retired Venezuelan police officer.

In the Peruvian capital, Lima, the gang murdered rival pimps and prostitutes to gain control of the sex trade, which brings in more than $275,000 a month, El País reported.
http://blogfiles.wfmu.org/KF/2013/04...nyoudigit3.gif

I think it's nice we're welcoming and accepting of people, and that they're learning to get along here.

vettemed 02-13-2024 8:36am

So rich, so diverse, so vibrant.

Jughead 02-13-2024 8:38am

We're well on our way to the shitter.

LATB 02-13-2024 8:41am

FJB

TheHammer 02-13-2024 8:42am

Thanks Brandon!

VITE1 02-13-2024 8:43am

Thanks to Joe Biden and the voters in places like NYC this is the result of thier moronic actions.

Now let them suffer for it.

I have family and friends in the area and have been telling them for decades to stop voting for Democrats. They always told me I was a mean person. Now they all complain about the crime and want to leave.

Dan47 02-13-2024 8:44am

Who could have predicted this would happen? I thought we were importing their best and brightest.

DJ_Critterus 02-13-2024 8:46am

Quote:

Originally Posted by VITE1 (Post 2217733)
Thanks to Joe Biden and the voters in places like NYC this is the result of thier moronic actions.

I have family and friends in the area and have been telling them for decades to stop voting for Democrats. They always told me I was a mean person. Now they all complain about the crime and want to leave.

Forcefully remind them they are not welcome here in FL, please.

Frankie the Fink 02-13-2024 8:47am

Mexicans and Venezuelans joining forces to turn America into Brazil....
Great, just great...

Don Rickles 02-13-2024 8:47am

I thought they gave phones out for free in the hood?:confused5:

LATB 02-13-2024 8:47am

Quote:

Originally Posted by VITE1 (Post 2217733)

No let them stay. Those type of people will move to a red state and still vote democrat. Effin idiots.

vettemed 02-13-2024 8:48am

I'm positive that they used those $1000 debit cards only for healthy groceries.

Bill 02-13-2024 8:52am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink (Post 2217741)
Mexicans and Venezuelans joining forces to turn America into Brazil....
Great, just great...

MS-13 (Mara Salvatrucha (sp?)) are from El Salvador, originally, not Mexico, although they now have membership in MX, the US, and other countries. A real success story.

VITE1 02-13-2024 8:53am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus (Post 2217740)
Forcefully remind them they are not welcome here in FL, please.

I've told a few to Stay the hell out of Florida. Life long Progressive idiots and takers have no place here or anywhere other than the shitholes they create.

Onebadcad 02-13-2024 10:52am

Those who voted for depends joe ARE FULLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS.
Their selfishness above party proves they do not care about the future of America.

Tikiman 02-13-2024 11:29am

Import the third world - become the third world. These people voted for it. Let them wallow in their stupidity.

Swany00 02-13-2024 11:31am

Gov't doesn't really care, they might start taking notice when thousands of Americans start getting murdered from all the pieces of shit they let in

GTOguy 02-13-2024 11:34am

"They killed CYRUS!!!"

KenHorse 02-13-2024 12:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTOguy (Post 2217895)
"They killed CYRUS!!!"

Jughead 02-13-2024 12:38pm

And there's 20 million of them.