The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   3 People Culturally Enriched in Fresno (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107833)

Bill 04-18-2017 5:04pm

3 People Culturally Enriched in Fresno

Quote:

Three Dead in Fresno Shooting Spree, Suspect in Custody

by Alex Johnson

Three people were shot to death in less than a minute at separate locations Tuesday in Fresno, California
, authorities said. A fugitive wanted in a previous homicide was arrested at the scene.

The man, identified as Kori Ali Muhammad, 39, who investigators said used the alias "Black Jesus," was arrested and was being held awaiting at least four counts of murder, Fresno Police Chief Jerry Dyer told reporters.

In addition to the three people who were killed Tuesday, Muhammad had been wanted in connection with the shooting death of a security guard at a Motel 6 last Thursday
, Dyer said.

At least 16 rounds were fired in less than a minute at four locations, including a Catholic Charities facility, where the gunman killed a man in the parking lot, Dyer said. None of the victims worked at the charity, he said.

While the gunman yelled "Allahu Akbar" ("God is great" in Arabic) during the incident, it was too early to say whether terrorism was a factor, Dyer said.

#TrafficAlert M St. shutdown between Fresno & Tulare St for @FresnoPolice shooting investigation. @FresnoSheriff all courthouses remain open pic.twitter.com/prSVDh55kw
— Fresno Co Sheriff (@FresnoSheriff) April 18, 2017

Muhammad is black, and all of Tuesday's victims were white, Dyer, said. Social media accounts linked to Muhammad expressed anti-white and anti-government sentiments, Dyer said.

"This was a random act of violence," Dyer said. "These were unprovoked attacks by an individual who was intent on carrying out homicides today."

Police hadn't recovered the weapon, but they said they found .357-caliber rounds and a speed loader used to reload revolvers when they arrested Muhammad.

The FBI and agents of the San Francisco division of the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives joined the investigation.
Three Dead in Fresno Shooting Spree, Suspect in Custody - NBC News

mrvette 04-18-2017 5:22pm

islamic terrorism......IF truth be told......

:sadangel::sadangel::sadangel::sadangel:

:issues:

VITE1 04-18-2017 5:26pm

:sadangel::sadangel:

DAB 04-18-2017 5:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by TxAg (Post 1554680)
Sad for those people and their families. :sadangel:

Not surprised it happened in California. :nonod:

well, that's impossible. there are no guns in CA. :slap:

Bill 04-18-2017 5:33pm

1 Attachment(s)

04 commemorative 04-18-2017 6:02pm

sad state the world is in

Jeff '79 04-18-2017 6:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1554688)
well, that's impossible. there are no guns in CA. :slap:

Oh yes there are.
I have friends there that could do some real damage if they needed to and they're not cops.
Totally legal too.

DAB 04-18-2017 6:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff '79 (Post 1554703)
Oh yes there are.
I have friends there that could do some real damage if they needed to and they're not cops.
Totally legal too.

i know. plenty of good folks still have a round or two. but the sucky dems sure make it harder than required.

me?

umm..... i might have a round here somewhere. :dance:

MrPeabody 04-18-2017 6:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff '79 (Post 1554703)
Oh yes there are.
Totally legal too.

I've lived in California for over 50 years and I've never known anyone who doesn't have a gun.:yesnod:

bsmith 04-18-2017 6:16pm

AP is getting hammered for reporting that he shouted "God is great" as he was arrested.

Jeff '79 04-18-2017 6:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPeabody (Post 1554705)
I've lived in California for over 50 years and I've never known anyone who doesn't have a gun.:yesnod:

Same as NY.
I know a lot of gun owners here.
I do, however, know many bleeding heart libs that think guns are evil here too.
The Facebook killer offed himself 50 miles from my house.
Me and a few gun owning friends were totally ready for his "visit". So were our wives.

Fasglas 04-18-2017 6:42pm

Quote:

While*the gunman yelled "Allahu Akbar"*("God is great" in Arabic) during the incident, it was too early to say whether terrorism was a factor, Dyer said.
Quote:

The man, identified as*Kori Ali Muhammad,*39, who investigators said used the alias "Black Jesus," was arrested and was being held awaiting at least four counts of murder, Fresno Police Chief Jerry Dyer told reporters.
Too early to say? I'd bet Stevie Wonder can see it.

Blue Demon 04-18-2017 6:58pm

Asshole thug

OddBall 04-19-2017 2:24am

Did anyone catch if he was home-grown or import?