The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   My Dad - 1939-2022 (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129074)

Aerovette 07-18-2022 11:28am

My Dad - 1939-2022

I have been away from the Barn under the worst of circumstances. I lost my Father in the early hours of last Monday morning. After 62 years of marriage, to say my mom is devastated, is an understatement.

Everyone has unique family relationships and everyone believes it is genuinely so. Just as I do. The uniqueness of my family is that I am an only child and because we moved a lot as a kid, we became the Three Musketeers. Traveling together, eating together, camping, movies, you name it... doing everything as a only a group of three.

Friendships and marriage pulled me off on my own path but for several of these past few years, my parents have lived with me and everything came full circle back to just the three of us. I'm very happy for that. It has been great being able to be with my parents and make sure they have a nice place to stay that is safe and comfortable.

My Dad had multiple health problems but remained strong and retained his sense of humor until the end. He was a much loved person by his friends and was always good for a laugh. He told corny jokes and could act like a kid with no regard for what anyone thought. My dad was tough as nails and and gentle as a puppy all in one. He was by far the absolute most fearless person I know. Not afraid of a single thing. I can only describe my childhood as being raised by a dad with all the humor and silliness of Jerry Lewis mixed with power and fearlessness of Superman.

He was absolutely my one and only hero and my life is forever changed by his absence. Everything I have ever been able to do is because of my parents. My successes are their successes.

I will close by asking that each of you reflect on your own families and if there is anything that needs to be said, anything that needs to be done, stop and MAKE the time to do it. Tomorrow could be too late and is not guaranteed.

Rodnok1 07-18-2022 11:33am

So sorry man.... My dad's been gone a number of years already. Circumstances didn’t have us talking much the last few years. Glad you and him had time together. RIP and may god bless.

Datawiz 07-18-2022 11:40am

Very sorry for your loss. :sadangel:

Norm 07-18-2022 11:52am

Sorry to hear, stay strong for Mom.

MadInNc 07-18-2022 11:57am

Sorry to hear of this loss for you and especially your mom

Rikki Z-06 07-18-2022 12:07pm

Our condolences to you and your family.

Dan Dlabay 07-18-2022 12:13pm

May your dad rest in peace and be blessed by God.:sadangel:

TheHammer 07-18-2022 12:23pm

:sadangel:

The_Dude 07-18-2022 12:26pm

I'm sorry for your loss Jeff. I lost my dad a couple of years ago. I still think about things I'd like to talk with him about. :sadangel:

MikeB 07-18-2022 12:29pm

Sorry to hear Jeff, so sorry for your loss.

I lost my best friend 9 years ago.
It will get easier to deal with, but it takes time.
A lot of time.
I cherish my memories of my dad.
I'm sure you will too.

Steve_R 07-18-2022 12:35pm

Sorry for your loss Jeff. Your post is a great tribute to your Dad as it clearly communicates how much you loved him and what he meant to you.

Giraffe (He/Him) 07-18-2022 12:38pm

I’m sorry to hear this Aero. I lost my dad to an accident three years ago last week. Be strong for your mom of course but don’t forget yourself either. (The last part is pretty important as I learned)

RIP Mr Aero. Your kid turned out well. That’s success by any measure.

Onebadcad 07-18-2022 12:40pm

Very touching to read the love and respect you had for your father, it will not diminish, your great memories are a beautiful treasure to hold close each day.

I wish you strength, and thank you for taking the time to remind us all that family is of utmost importance, never take them for granted, and never wait to share affection or offer assistance.

Grey Ghost 07-18-2022 12:49pm

:sadangel:

78SA 07-18-2022 12:53pm

Sorry for your loss. :sadangel:

Hardluck 07-18-2022 1:00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 78SA (Post 1972112)
Sorry for your loss. :sadangel:

:sadangel::sadangel::sadangel:

Vandelay Industries 07-18-2022 1:28pm

Sorry Aero. My condolences to you and your Mom. :sadangel:

Taurus 07-18-2022 1:43pm

Very sorry for your loss, it sounds like he was a great guy and a fantastic dad. My dad left us a couple years ago and it's still difficult to comprehend. In the long run I feel like a 64 year old kid that just misses his dad.

Hope you and your family find peace at this difficult time. Prayers for your mom as well, it must be devastating to lose a soulmate after 62 years.

John E 07-18-2022 1:51pm

So sorry Jeff :sadangel:

Mick 07-18-2022 1:56pm

Very sorry to hear this. :sadangel:

Best to you and your Mom in this very difficult time. :(