The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Who is watching the debate in hopes of.......................... (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123745)

Anjdog2003 09-30-2020 10:50am

Watching Gunsmoke reruns > Watching the debates > Watching the NFL > Watching the NBA > Stuck in a voting booth with Porter

FLEXjs 09-30-2020 11:01am

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06psi (Post 1809977)
S

T

F

U

https://i.imgur.com/ZraWvsT.gif

just kidding

https://i.imgur.com/jbhbfPx.gif

Little Red L98. 09-30-2020 12:00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLEXjs (Post 1809972)
It is. But how many Americans are undecided?

You have two parties on opposite ends of the spectrum and most Americans are diehard Republicans or diehard Democrats.

In Canada the debates are more relevant because we have so many parties and there is essentially no difference between most of them; people watch the debates to see which special interest groups the parties are pandering to so they can hopefully get the handouts they are looking for by voting in the party that most supports to their identifiable group.

I'm a middle aged white male with a decent income so none of the parties are pandering to my identifiable group. In fact they are all out to **** me over in order to take my money and give it to the special interest groups.

Wealth redistribution, I think the leftists call it.

To answer the only question you asked: enough to sway the election one way or the other.

JetMechZ16 09-30-2020 12:36pm

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 47724

Steve_R 09-30-2020 12:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Red L98. (Post 1809996)
To answer the only question you asked: enough to sway the election one way or the other.

Only in the handful of swing states. Most states are a given to go D or R. Swing states decide who is the next POTUS.

Little Red L98. 09-30-2020 1:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_R (Post 1810001)
Only in the handful of swing states. Most states are a given to go D or R. Swing states decide who is the next POTUS.

Exactly. They are the ones the best we have to offer need to reach.

Thunder22 09-30-2020 1:20pm

anyone notice that biden's eyes were black and not blue?

twitter is blowing up that he was wearing special contacts that acted as a teleprompter

mojo lenses

https://www.mojo.vision/mojo-lens

and that he was wired

z06psi 09-30-2020 1:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strats-N-Vettes (Post 1809979)
:funnier: :funnier:

These fuggin' Canucks have no life paying attention to another country's politics.

PSA to you Canucks. Your system sucks. That's why we don't GAFF about what happens in our hat. :yesnod:

z06psi 09-30-2020 1:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunder22 (Post 1810011)
anyone notice that biden's eyes were black and not blue?

twitter is blowing up that he was wearing special contacts that acted as a teleprompter

mojo lenses

https://www.mojo.vision/mojo-lens

and that he was wired

:syf::syf::syf::syf::syf::syf:

Thunder22 09-30-2020 1:43pm

1 Attachment(s)
smooch

FLEXjs 09-30-2020 2:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06psi (Post 1810013)
PSA to you Canucks. Your system sucks.

https://i.imgur.com/r7lK6jR.gif

Iron Chef 09-30-2020 2:30pm

I'm just...sad... [RANT]

My Dad fought in World War II. He was on a Destroyer that was awarded seven Battle Stars. His ship was hit by a Kamikaze. Twice. Along with fighting, gallantly, against Fascism, he also fought to preserve the honor of this country. My Mother and her side of the family spent 2 1/2 years in Auschwitz-Birkenau. Most did not make it out alive but those that did wanted to do nothing more than come to America as soon as they could. It was the country that everyone admired and where everyone wanted to go.

After watching snippets of the debate last night, I am completely embarrassed for this nation that these two jokers are the best we can put forward to lead us. That people like McConnell, Pelosi, Schumer, Cruz, Grassley, Cortez and the rest of the bickering, self-aggrandizing politicians have done a superb job of making this country one that is laughed at by the rest of the free world and, sadly, by many of its own citizens. That we have to settle for such a bunch of mediocre individuals who have been put in office by an electorate that is largely misinformed and biased by fabricated stories in the press. Is it not possible to find anyone that has the intelligence, courage, class, foresight and vision to take what has become a steaming wreck of a nation and put it back in balance?

I know...we have always had problems. We're not perfect. But Im not like Madonna: Im not going to threaten to move out of the US because I didnt get what I wanted in an election. But making America great will take a lot more than wearing a hat. It will mean a paradigm shift in how our country is lead. I dont think that will happen in my lifetime.

I'll always love this country, and Im very proud of where weve been. But I'm profoundly sad to see what we have become.

Thunder22 09-30-2020 3:19pm

1 Attachment(s)
<heavy sigh>

69camfrk 09-30-2020 3:57pm

IC, our country is in trouble. I can't begin to imagine what WWII vets think. Politicians have been setting America up for failure for 70 years, and it's coming. When a reckoning does happen, it will be profoundly ugly. And yes, our "leaders" have made us a damned laughing stock. Don't get me wrong, I voted for Trump, and will again, but the fact that he and Biden are the best there is to offer is just damn sad.

MadInNc 09-30-2020 4:27pm

1 Attachment(s)
Last night summed up

VatorMan 09-30-2020 5:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Chef (Post 1810022)
My Dad fought in World War II. He was on a Destroyer that was awarded seven Battle Stars. His ship was hit by a Kamikaze. Twice. Along with fighting, gallantly, against Fascism, he also fought to preserve the honor of this country. My Mother and her side of the family spent 2 1/2 years in Auschwitz-Birkenau. Most did not make it out alive but those that did wanted to do nothing more than come to America as soon as they could. It was the country that everyone admired and where everyone wanted to go.

After watching snippets of the debate last night, I am completely embarrassed for this nation that these two jokers are the best we can put forward to lead us. That people like McConnell, Pelosi, Schumer, Cruz, Grassley, Cortez and the rest of the bickering, self-aggrandizing politicians have done a superb job of making this country one that is laughed at by the rest of the free world and, sadly, by many of its own citizens. That we have to settle for such a bunch of mediocre individuals who have been put in office by an electorate that is largely misinformed and biased by fabricated stories in the press. Is it not possible to find anyone that has the intelligence, courage, class, foresight and vision to take what has become a steaming wreck of a nation and put it back in balance?

I know...we have always had problems. We're not perfect. But Im not like Madonna: Im not going to threaten to move out of the US because I didnt get what I wanted in an election. But making America great will take a lot more than wearing a hat. It will mean a paradigm shift in how our country is lead. I dont think that will happen in my lifetime.

I'll always love this country, and Im very proud of where weve been. But I'm profoundly sad to see what we have become.

You do understand that this is all you are going to get forever, right ? Today, nothing is off limits. You, your family, your childhood, school days etc.... What asshole in their right mind would put their family through that ?

Unless you are a brother marrying Somali. Then all that doesnt matter. The Democrats are geniuses to have played this game to this end.

However, that end has a short life span as dictators always take over all media. The next democrat elected to the WH will have that option as they can fully install full scale election cheating.

I dont care who you vote for. I only care who counts the votes.

The_Dude 09-30-2020 5:54pm

Little Red L98. 09-30-2020 9:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by VatorMan (Post 1810041)
Unless you are a brother marrying Somali. Then all that doesnt matter. The Democrats are geniuses to have played this game to this end.

However, that end has a short life span as dictators always take over all media. The next democrat elected to the WH will have that option as they can fully install full scale election cheating.

I dont care who you vote for. I only care who counts the votes.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/99TYf...&rid=giphy.gif

Defib1961 10-01-2020 12:19am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Chef (Post 1810022)

They are a bunch of poopie heads too

Wathen1955 10-01-2020 12:04pm

Was Joe wearing bionic lenses or a mic???