The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Who has stacked full size washer/dryer ? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105924)

04 commemorative 02-10-2017 12:15pm

Who has stacked full size washer/dryer ?

I saw that you can stack these and if and when we need new I was thinking of doing that.....

DAB 02-10-2017 12:26pm

stacked LG. pretty small utility room, frees up space for storage and folding table.

C5SilverBullet 02-10-2017 1:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04 commemorative (Post 1539763)
I saw that you can stack these and if and when we need new I was thinking of doing that.....

I was going to buy a set for the new house, my wife absolutely shut that down. She refuses to buy front loaders. For what that's worth.

04 commemorative 02-10-2017 1:05pm

wonder why she hates them,they are easier on clothes and gets them cleaner too

C5SilverBullet 02-10-2017 1:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04 commemorative (Post 1539784)
wonder why she hates them,they are easier on clothes and gets them cleaner too

I believe she said loading and unloading were a nightmare. I'll ask her again, I didn't care enough at the time to go into it. :lol:

Stevedore 02-10-2017 1:18pm

Hadn't thought much about stacking, but I think the pedestal mounts under the machines might make it a little easier to load & unload. So we're thinking about that ourselves with an upcoming purchase.

GRN ENVY 02-10-2017 1:47pm

I had no choice but to get a stacked set up.....

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q...psxoxobevr.jpg

I've had no issues, washer on bottom and dryer on top. My washer does make more of a rocus with a dryer on top, but could be the echo of such a small area and weight on top.

The only PIA is the fact that if you keep your washer closed after a cycle, they get mildew and moldy on the inside. Essentially can't close the front door for a day after a load. Needs a good air dry.

These are much more efficient in all aspects than the standard top loaders I've had in the past.

Cybercowboy 02-10-2017 3:50pm

The other day (I posted a thread about it IIRC) my front loading washing machine was throwing an error code and wouldn't start. After a bit of googling it looked like the fault was with the main computer board and that it was possible that it would be just a bad solder joint on the main power relay. Sure enough that was all it was, an easy fix. But it would have been a total PITA if I had the take the dryer off it before I could remove the top of the washer. Would have turned a 15 minute job into a two person 90+ minutes job.

snide 02-10-2017 4:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by C5SilverBullet (Post 1539785)
I believe she said loading and unloading were a nightmare. I'll ask her again, I didn't care enough at the time to go into it. :lol:

:seasix::seasix:

Der Flieger 02-14-2017 8:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevedore (Post 1539789)
Hadn't thought much about stacking, but I think the pedestal mounts under the machines might make it a little easier to load & unload. So we're thinking about that ourselves with an upcoming purchase.

A person should always think things through.

Chris Fowler 02-16-2017 8:52am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1539767)
stacked LG. pretty small utility room, frees up space for storage and folding table.

Same.

I'd much prefer to have unstacked and enough space, but with the small space the stacking is nice.

I can say it sucks for the repair guy when the washer (on the bottom) splits a hose...twice...

He has to bring along a big helper. :rofl:

04 commemorative 02-16-2017 9:10am

Probably easier to put an access panel in wall behind it if you can to change hoses.
Wall behind ours is a closet so that's what I will do