The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Got a Call Today Trying to Sell Me an Extended Warranty for a Car (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121428)

Bill 01-23-2020 1:18pm

Got a Call Today Trying to Sell Me an Extended Warranty for a Car

The lady asked me what kind of car I had. I told her, "first, I'm gonna need to know what color panties you're wearing, and a little about your grooming habits in that area, since we're giving each other personal information."

She hung up. WTF? Maybe I really did want to participate in her scam!

DAB 01-23-2020 1:23pm

what car?

well, it's a Johnny Cash special:

mrvette 01-23-2020 1:29pm

I'd tell 'em it's a '72, still want to sell me summfin????

:lol:

04 commemorative 01-23-2020 3:28pm

Did you really say that ? Sheesh these days I would expect a lawsuit :willy:

Vandelay Industries 01-23-2020 3:32pm

How come I only get calls like that from Bob in Bangalore, India?!:thomas:

Egnalf 01-23-2020 3:36pm

I get them multiple times a week, but usually referencing cars I haven't owned in years. we would like to sell warranty on your 2007 f150. ummm. I had a 2010, 14, 16 and 19 since then, buhbye.

BOTY 01-23-2020 3:39pm

I got a call selling hearing aids. I had some fun with that one. HUH ? What? I can't hear a damn' thing you are saying. :rofl:

dvarapala 01-23-2020 3:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vandelay Industries (Post 1721089)

I'd still ask him what color panties he was wearing. :D

DJ_Critterus 01-23-2020 3:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1721018)
The lady asked me what kind of car I had. I told her, "first, I'm gonna need to know what color panties you're wearing, and a little about your grooming habits in that area, since we're giving each other personal information."

She hung up. WTF? Maybe I really did want to participate in her scam!

I tell the telemarketers that I am going to masturbate through the duration of the phone call then ask if they are o.k. with that. Usually never get a call back.

BOTY 01-23-2020 3:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus (Post 1721105)
I tell the telemarketers that I am going to masturbate through the duration of the phone call then ask if they are o.k. with that. Usually never get a call back.

I just figured that was standard procedure. :D

Bill 01-23-2020 3:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04 commemorative (Post 1721083)
Did you really say that ? Sheesh these days I would expect a lawsuit :willy:

I absolutely said that. If anyone was to sue, it should be me, for them calling me illegally. The problem is, even if you act interested, when you try to find out the name and location of their business so you can have them served, they get suspicious and hang up They know not to give out any info, but they expect random people to give up THEIR info.

Bill 01-23-2020 4:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vandelay Industries (Post 1721089)

I love getting the Indian scammers. I get indignant, and tell them, how dare you, a dalit, call me and tell them they should be scrubbing toilets, etc.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-18394914

It's apparently one of the most offensive insults to Indian folks, and it usually just leaves them speechless for a few seconds.

Why is it we feel that we should be civil towards criminals? They know they are breaking the law by calling cell phones, or calling land lines on the no call list. They are criminals, and we should be treating them as such.

Edit: I'm always polite to charity callers and pollsters. I respect that they're just doing their (legal) jobs. I have no respect for people doing illegal stuff though.

Vandelay Industries 01-23-2020 4:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvarapala (Post 1721099)
I'd still ask him what color panties he was wearing. :D

Well, of course....duh!:seasix:

Aerovette 01-23-2020 4:30pm

I like to speak to them in a nonsensical made-up foreign language.

DJ_Critterus 01-23-2020 4:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1721121)
I like to speak to them in a nonsensical made-up foreign language.

So, you read any post or reply from Mrvette?

Aerovette 01-23-2020 4:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus (Post 1721122)
So, you read any post or reply from Mrvette?

That works. :seasix:

:Jeff '79:

FX VETTE 01-23-2020 4:41pm

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 37636

Mr.Bigg 01-23-2020 4:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1721114)
I love getting the Indian scammers. I get indignant, and tell them, how dare you, a dalit, call me and tell them they should be scrubbing toilets, etc.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-18394914

It's apparently one of the most offensive insults to Indian folks, and it usually just leaves them speechless for a few seconds.

Why is it we feel that we should be civil towards criminals? They know they are breaking the law by calling cell phones, or calling land lines on the no call list. They are criminals, and we should be treating them as such.

Edit: I'm always polite to charity callers and pollsters. I respect that they're just doing their (legal) jobs. I have no respect for people doing illegal stuff though.

Thank you so much I have been getting calls from there claiming to be from social security. It worked like a charm. I think I just ruined his day. :kick::rofl:

dvarapala 01-23-2020 5:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1721114)

Oooohh, that's a good one! :funniest: