The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Well, it happened (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127662)

73sbVert 01-18-2022 2:28pm

Well, it happened

I got the 'rona. :(

Felt like crap the other night, seems like a medium grade flu. Just blah, and not much energy. Did have some stomach issue, low grade nausea, but managed to get some sleep.

Last night after rehearsal, getting ready for bed and massive wave of nausea comes on, stomach tightening, etc.
Then the cold sweats. Headed to bathroom and fainted out, came to laying on the floor with wifey freaking, saying she can't hold me up.

Got a COVID rapid test, and within about 15 sec the red line for positive lit right up. Grrrrr.

Ok for now, lots of fluids, fruits, supplements. Wish I could find a line on the Ivermectin tablets somewhere... supposedly good for every stage of COVID.

This, sucks. :banghead:

RMVette 01-18-2022 2:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 73sbVert (Post 1935073)

Felt like crap the other night, seems like a medium grade flu. Just blah, and not much energy. Did have some stomach issue, low grade nausea, but managed to get some sleep.

Last night after rehearsal, getting ready for bed and massive wave of nausea comes on, stomach tightening, etc.
Then the cold sweats. Headed to bathroom and fainted out, came to laying on the floor with wifey freaking, saying she can't hold me up.

Got a COVID rapid test, and within about 15 sec the red line for positive lit right up. Grrrrr.

Ok for now, lots of fluids, fruits, supplements. Wish I could find a line on the Ivermectin tablets somewhere... supposedly good for every stage of COVID.

Were you vaccinated? I was and just tested positive myself today... ugh.. get well soon!

Aerovette 01-18-2022 2:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMVette (Post 1935075)
Were you vaccinated? I was and just tested positive myself today... ugh.. get well soon!

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...66/838/cdc.jpg

Mike Mercury 01-18-2022 2:38pm

I'm just reaching the last parts of my COVID experience.

Other than the typical cold/flu symptoms...I had lost my appetite. Ended up sipping on Ensure to get some strength back and calories in my system.

RMVette 01-18-2022 2:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1935077)

Yeah... that's what we're told.. right?? :rofl:

Mike Mercury 01-18-2022 2:43pm

A LOT OF PEOPLE will come down with this Omicron variant; it spreads a lot easier. Fortunately it is less severe than the Delta; but still I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

73sbVert 01-18-2022 2:48pm

Yah, not sure which variant I have (if any). Mostly chills on/off and some nausea depending on what I'm doing.

I got the J&J vax in April (I'm sure I didn't have anything left in my system, and no booster) when I got this.
Haven't figured out where I was to get it. Or from whom.

Ugh.

Giraffe (He/Him) 01-18-2022 2:52pm

I'm pretty much over it with the exception of taste and smell. I have none. :lol:

04 commemorative 01-18-2022 2:55pm

Ugh, that must suck ! So far I have been able to avoid the rona :willy:

DJ_Critterus 01-18-2022 2:58pm

It sucks. I'm pretty sure I had the OG kungflu in Dec 2019 when I visited my little brother in Tacoma. Had me down for about 4 days, but nothing too bad.

Don Rickles 01-18-2022 3:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giraffe (Post 1935084)
I'm pretty much over it with the exception of taste and smell. I have none. :lol:

Pic's of SO, I'll see if you have good taste?:D

Rodnok1 01-18-2022 3:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus (Post 1935086)
It sucks. I'm pretty sure I had the OG kungflu in Dec 2019 when I visited my little brother in Tacoma. Had me down for about 4 days, but nothing too bad.

Pretty sure I had it around then also, hard to breathe low fever, loss of appetite, zero energy for about a month. Canceled a trip felt so bad. Fairly certain I've had it twice since also.

Less severe the last 2 times though.

OP need get finger O2 dohickey thing a ma bob check your levels. Mine went into low 90s as it flared asthma up.

Aerovette 01-18-2022 3:34pm

Quote:

Hopefully it will come back. Taste came back to about 99%. Smell came back to about 95%.

A buddy of mine can't taste anything sweet.

Rodnok1 01-18-2022 3:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1935092)
Hopefully it will come back. Taste came back to about 99%. Smell came back to about 95%.

A buddy of mine can't taste anything sweet.

Friend lost all salt taste... He's a good cook but somebody else has to check salt levels now. Been a year and still gone.

dwjz06 01-18-2022 4:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 73sbVert (Post 1935073)

:sadangel:

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMVette (Post 1935075)

Quote:

Welcome to the club all:sadangel:

Barn Babe 01-18-2022 4:17pm

I came down with it on Thursday, it felt just like all the times I had the flu, but I got over it more quickly. Weird thing is, I didn’t lose my sense of taste until yesterday.

73sbVert 01-18-2022 4:31pm

Oh damn. Forgot about that. Hopefully I don't lose that! One of my few "happy places" left, having good food and drinks with friends!

:sad: :cry:

Giraffe (He/Him) 01-18-2022 4:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barn Babe (Post 1935105)
I came down with it on Thursday, it felt just like all the times I had the flu, but I got over it more quickly. Weird thing is, I didn’t lose my sense of taste until yesterday.

Same thing here. I was pretty much over it and THEN the taste thing happened.

Iron Chef 01-18-2022 4:46pm

I got both shots and the booster and I've been really lucky that I haven't been sick at all. Then again, my dog is the only one who can stand to be around me, so I have built-in social distancing.

That said, I'm not taking any chances. I'm staying in when I don't need to be anywhere. No restaurants, bars, night clubs, theaters, concerts, etc. until this blows over. Wearing the mask in crowded places...don't really like it but what the hell.

Oh...I can still play golf...the ultimate social distancing sport. :D

Hope all get better soon. :cert:

Bill 01-18-2022 5:15pm

https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-c...ol-ENGLISH.pdf