The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   WTF! (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29254)

Joecooool 02-04-2012 6:10pm

WTF!

The reviews are priceless.

AudioQuest - Diamond 3.3' High-Speed HDMI Cable - Dark Gray/Black - 65-083-02

Jobaka 02-04-2012 6:17pm

:rofl: :rofl:

Quote:

I bought 2 of these cables to run between my TV and various home theater components. Unfortunately, my jealous little sister took them, tied them together and started using them as a skipping rope. Missing a jump and a subsequent trip led to one of the ends popping off. Luckily, I purchased the additional Best Buy Extended Warranty and they replaced them lickity split just in time for the family's annual Miracle on 34th Street viewing. The picture is phenomenal and the audio - Jimmy Stewart didn't stutter once!
I'm telling you...Every time a bell rings, you should get an AudioQuest Diamond 3.3' High-Speed HDMI Cable.

Issues 02-04-2012 6:25pm

HOLY SHIT!! :eek:

Joecooool 02-05-2012 12:21am

WTF!

I think Best Buy should be ashamed to even offer such a product. Seeing the item on their site really has me questioning the integrity of the company.

Serious.

Sea Six 02-05-2012 12:25am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joecooool (Post 565697)
I think Best Buy should be ashamed to even offer such a product. Seeing the item on their site really has me questioning the integrity of the company.

Serious.

There ought to be a law forbidding free private enterprise from being able to sell such a product.

Serious. People need to be saved from themselves, especially in this economy.

Won't somebody think of the children? :sadangel:

Knooger 02-05-2012 12:32am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Six (Post 565699)
There ought to be a law forbidding free private enterprise from being able to sell such a product.

I don't think it's about a law, just integrity.

86RAG 02-05-2012 12:32am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Six (Post 565699)

:rofl:

Sea Six 02-05-2012 1:27am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knooger (Post 565701)
I don't think it's about a law, just integrity.

We need a core group of intellectuals, gifted in their capacity to save the masses from their poor decision-making skill sets.

Try to keep up. :slap:

Datawiz 02-05-2012 8:33am

Good stuff. :lol:

CertInsaneC5 02-05-2012 8:52am

Quote:

I bought this cord to replace my unborn son's umbilical cord. It seemed the one he was supllied with from his monther had less throughput, more distortion and certainly no perfect-surface silver conductors. After one rather disappointing full trimester he seemed to be taking an awful long time to gestate, so I bit the bullet and bought this cord. It was pricey but I though my son was worth it.
Although installation was actually quite difficult, now that this cord is installed I have begun to notice quite a difference. Rather than just kicking as he had been doing he is now performing yoga positions and running marathon-distance lengths. He sings along to music pressed against my wife's stomach and can communicates with sign language during ultrasounds.
My wife is now in her third trimester and after one whole trimester with the AudioQuest Diamond cord installed I can certainly say it was worth the money in every way. My unborn son is now 22 lbs 3 oz and I have enrolled him in college for next year. Life will be a triumph for him, all thanks to the Dielectric-Bias System of this cord.

What's great about it: 1000% better than manufacturer-supplied cheap generic cord.
What's not so great: Installation a bit messy.

Coffee spew. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

snide 02-05-2012 8:55am

Insane.

vetteman9368 02-05-2012 10:11am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joecooool (Post 565697)

Serious.

And yet there are audiophiles who will swear by such. It's a free market and maybe they are using it as an illustration. People seeing that may not feel as bad about buying a $100 cable. It COULD be brilliant marketing.

NB2K 02-05-2012 10:14am

It makes cartoons look like actual people.:lol:

Sea Six 02-05-2012 10:16am

Quote:

Originally Posted by vetteman9368 (Post 565867)
And yet there are audiophiles who will swear by such. It's a free market and maybe they are using it as an illustration. People seeing that may not feel as bad about buying a $100 cable. It COULD be brilliant marketing.

Sheesh. You people still don't get it.

Joecooool knows better than each and every one of these consumers who would even consider buying such a product. That's why we need laws to keep this kinda crap from happening.

And Best Buy should know better.

LATB 02-05-2012 10:17am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Six (Post 565875)

Joecooool knows better than each and every one of these consumers who would even consider buying such a product. That's why we need laws to keep this kinda crap from happening.

KITK :D

Sea Six 02-05-2012 10:27am

See, people, this is EXACTLY the kind of problem that crops up when the market is allowed free rein with absolutely no restraint.

You laissez-faire capitalists make me sick.

VITE1 02-05-2012 10:45am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Six (Post 565892)
See, people, this is EXACTLY the kind of problem that crops up when the market is allowed free rein with absolutely no restraint.

You laissez-faire capitalists make me sick.

:iagree:

I welcome the nanny state. I cant wait to provide ID to get a candy bar. I look forward to the massive cost reductions in Health care costs as people die off from waiting 6 months to see their doctor. I am excited to see millions more Americans stop any searching for profitable jobs and get on the government funded plantation.

Sea Six 02-05-2012 10:49am

Quote:

Originally Posted by VITE1 (Post 565914)
:iagree:

I welcome the nanny state. I cant wait to provide ID to get a candy bar. I look forward to the massive cost reductions in Health care costs as people die off from waiting 6 months to see their doctor. I am excited to see millions more Americans stop any searching for profitable jobs and get on the government funded plantation.

That's the spirit.

Joecooool 02-05-2012 10:56am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Six (Post 565875)

Oh bullshit. All I'm doing is pointing out that the nations largest electronics retailer is selling a product that they are fully aware is no better than a $5 cable and are lying about the performance "improved signal clarity" to get people who don't know anything about this stuff to buy it.

Stop being such an asshole.