The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Be safe out there people! (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118302)

Loco Vette 12-31-2018 1:24pm

Be safe out there people!

I visited my parents Saturday evening. The drive back to my house is about 20 minutes long. On the drive back:

1. There was a log lying in the middle of the road which was right around a blind corner if I had been coming in the other direction. I stopped to move it out of the road and was fortunately able to stop an elderly gentleman coming in the other direction before he hit it.

2. A Knox County Sheriff's cruiser was parked on the side of the highway, all lit up, with no one in it and no one pulled over.

3. A car was fully engulfed in flames about two miles further on outside a dive bar.

4. And the piece de resistance: Fatal wreck on Chapman Highway. :cuss:

C5SilverBullet 12-31-2018 2:24pm

3 Attachment(s)
Some people thought this would be fun to do at my dad's dealership last night.

Bill 12-31-2018 2:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loco Vette (Post 1654665)
I visited my parents Saturday evening. The drive back to my house is about 20 minutes long. On the drive back:

1. There was a log lying in the middle of the road which was right around a blind corner if I had been coming in the other direction. I stopped to move it out of the road and was fortunately able to stop an elderly gentleman coming in the other direction before he hit it.

2. A Knox County Sheriff's cruiser was parked on the side of the highway, all lit up, with no one in it and no one pulled over.

3. A car was fully engulfed in flames about two miles further on outside a dive bar.

4. And the piece de resistance: Fatal wreck on Chapman Highway. :cuss:

The DWI murder on Chapman was done by an illegal alien, so there's no problem there. Please delete that from your list as some may find it offensive to our undocumented-American community to mention it. TIA

/s

Bill 12-31-2018 2:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by C5SilverBullet (Post 1654671)

This is on Hwy 3 in Webster? I didn't know your family owned that. It was a Dodge house at one time, right? I hope there is some kind of video that can help catch the d-bags that did that.

:mad:

69camfrk 12-31-2018 2:40pm

Not to worry, the illegal will just get deported, so he can come back and do it again. No jail time included. C5...dang. People that do crap like that should be shot on sight.

VITE1 12-31-2018 3:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by C5SilverBullet (Post 1654671)

What a bunch of scumbags. I hope they get caught and have to pay for it.

VITE1 12-31-2018 3:10pm

And for the OP. I just drove from NH to FL via Roanoke. Good god the number of idiots on the road was depressing. It reinforces my belief that drivers tested should be taken every 5-8 years.

Cybercowboy 12-31-2018 3:13pm

One of my buddies is taking one for the team tonight and being the DD. He'll pick us up around 6:45 and take us to the party and then bring us home.

C5SilverBullet 12-31-2018 3:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1654674)
This is on Hwy 3 in Webster? I didn't know your family owned that. It was a Dodge house at one time, right? I hope there is some kind of video that can help catch the d-bags that did that.

:mad:

My dad is the VP of sales for the company

Thunder22 12-31-2018 8:07pm

Why ANYONE would drive and just not take uber or lyft is mystifying.

StaticCling 12-31-2018 11:14pm

I flew over and covered two fatality accidents this morning. My afternoon shift was surprisingly low key and quiet. Although I did drive by a fairly significant multiple car crash on the way home from work on streets in my neighborhood.

Crazy out there.

mrvette 01-01-2019 5:56am

I guess I"m boring or bored.....oh well, flaked out about 10pm last night....snored till 5 am.......think it was a WW3 going on outside,

and before it got dark, Ernie at age 83 from across the street, who is in lousy shape these daze, so unstable on his feet he can barely walk, took his small dawg out to shit, on a leash.....so the new neighbor is turning out to be a PIA....and shouts out at him to pick up any dog shit from his lawn....as if anyone would notice or CARE....:issues: New guy been moving in for about 3 weeks now and finally got there yesterday 31st......with two large moving vans full.....new guy goes outta his way to be unfriendly to everyone who dares say hello......1/4 acre plots here no grand mansions.....Ernie been here about 35 years now, Chuck about 34, Bob the guy who died, about 36 years, and me the newbee at 21 years.....
SO due to age, the street is turning over to a new medium, two new unfriendly neighbors up and down the street, not that anyone is into parties these daze anyway....them daze have passed.....

:issues::sadangel:

StaticCling 01-01-2019 11:42am

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1654735)
I guess I"m boring or bored.....oh well, flaked out about 10pm last night....snored till 5 am.......think it was a WW3 going on outside,

and before it got dark, Ernie at age 83 from across the street, who is in lousy shape these daze, so unstable on his feet he can barely walk, took his small dawg out to shit, on a leash.....so the new neighbor is turning out to be a PIA....and shouts out at him to pick up any dog shit from his lawn....as if anyone would notice or CARE....:issues: New guy been moving in for about 3 weeks now and finally got there yesterday 31st......with two large moving vans full.....new guy goes outta his way to be unfriendly to everyone who dares say hello......1/4 acre plots here no grand mansions.....Ernie been here about 35 years now, Chuck about 34, Bob the guy who died, about 36 years, and me the newbee at 21 years.....
SO due to age, the street is turning over to a new medium, two new unfriendly neighbors up and down the street, not that anyone is into parties these daze anyway....them daze have passed.....

:issues::sadangel:

Shithead neighbors are the thing around here. Although it has gotten a bit better after I called the fuzz on the next door neighbors a few months ago because of their wild parties. They are Mexicans, and boy do they party LOUD. Bumpin and Boomin Ranchero Music at 2AM was the final straw. Sic'd the cops on them and they have been QUIET ever sense. And friendly, surprisingly. :island14:

My wife employs the guy next door with her company, and we have hired his wife for some interior decorating jobs at our house (licensed interior decorator and what not) so we're cool with them. Brett and Nancy across the street are good people, he has a loud ass Harley, but he is polite with it. Then the old lady next door to them is in her 90's, husband just passed away recently. She's as Sweet as can be. Neighbor next to her is a nut, but not malicious in any way (For the most part) - She's just a needy retired single woman.

House directly across the street from us is some type of home for Mentally Retarded adults, the fuzz actually was over there last weekend arresting one of the caretakers. Kind of weird. Then the other house next to them is a day care center type thing.

Otherwise, it's not too bad 'round here I guess.

snide 01-01-2019 12:32pm

:cheers: