The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Post up your Christmas drama... (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121107)

sasnglass77 12-29-2019 11:59am

Post up your Christmas drama...

I'll start.

Ours started a few days before Christmas. Niece's brother in law getting a divorce, so she asks can he and his 4 kids come to dinner. We say sure, don't know him too well, however, can't let them go hungry on Christmas. So, the BIL decided to invite his new GF; not asking us if that was alright.

(Not that we would say no, but it would have been nice to be asked not told.)

So Christmas day comes. Keeping in mind I told my family we would be eating at 3. At 2:45 my Mom calls, "what time do you want us there?" I replied 3 (there is no way Mom and nephews will be here by 3). Now my younger brother who was supposed to pick up my friend Ed (who is wheelchair bound and in a personal care facility 20 miles away and the opposite direction...) comes up very late. My niece who is ALWAYS late was actually the first ones (her and her family and the BIL and tribe in tote)

And lets just say things went spiraling downward fast from there.

I got so stressed and upset that Alan and I brought a plate for our neighbor and visited with him for for a while. (me for 15 mins the first time and Alan about an hour)

Merry freaking Christmas

Cliff notes:
1 Was told we were having an additional guest
2 Everyone was late
3 Mom ordered niece all trays on table to be opened (there were 2 dessert trays) appetizers were on table and opened. People eating desserts.
4 Mom was going off about the sweet potatoes not being on the table yet (me: up and down to check on them)
5 Rushed through dinner time for desserts
6 Nephew who drove my Mom was in a hurry up eat and run mode.
7 Didn't get to visit with anyone.
8 Stranger's kids jumping on my furniture

Resent being the cook and dishwasher and maid.:shots:

Broken Wind 12-29-2019 12:02pm

I ate, sipped scotch, and napped on the sofa.

Sorry to hear of your travails. I have no family within 500 mi, so we're good.

The_Dude 12-29-2019 12:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasnglass77 (Post 1704473)
I'll start.

Ours started a few days before Christmas. Niece's brother in law getting a divorce, so she asks can he and his 4 kids come to dinner. We say sure, don't know him too well, however, can't let them go hungry on Christmas. So, the BIL decided to invite his new GF; not asking us if that was alright.

(Not that we would say no, but it would have been nice to be asked not told.)

So Christmas day comes. Keeping in mind I told my family we would be eating at 3. At 2:45 my Mom calls, "what time do you want us there?" I replied 3 (there is no way Mom and nephews will be here by 3). Now my younger brother who was supposed to pick up my friend Ed (who is wheelchair bound and in a personal care facility 20 miles away and the opposite direction...) comes up very late. My niece who is ALWAYS late was actually the first ones (her and her family and the BIL and tribe in tote)

And lets just say things went spiraling downward fast from there.

I got so stressed and upset that Alan and I brought a plate for our neighbor and visited with him for for a while. (me for 15 mins the first time and Alan about an hour)

Merry freaking Christmas

[Raazor]Cliffs?[/Raazor]

Norm 12-29-2019 12:04pm

Had none, no politics discussed. :seasix::D

Steve_R 12-29-2019 12:04pm

No drama for us. Daughter, SIL and two grandkids here for a week. House is a disaster and all’s well.

VITE1 12-29-2019 12:07pm

WE got to play with the grand kids then went to Urgent care the next morning to find out we had H1N1. Came home early since we could not be with little kids and pregnant women (DIL is due January 2nd)

Home now with both my wife and I coughing and sneezing. We at least had a good dinner for the price of the airfare, car rental and such.

Egnalf 12-29-2019 12:11pm

Fired an A-hole who deserved it. He sent nasty texts late Christmas eve, likely drunk.

The_Dude 12-29-2019 12:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Egnalf (Post 1704482)
Fired an A-hole who deserved it. He sent nasty texts late Christmas eve, likely drunk.

Scrooge

TheHammer 12-29-2019 12:17pm

I've almost gotten rid of all family, just a SIL and BIL left. Can't wait to enjoy future Christmas' by ourselves.
I just haven't got their strychnine dosages down yet.

scottycards 12-29-2019 12:41pm

1 Attachment(s)
Woke up after spending a night under some of the clearest skies and dead calmest air we've ever camped under. Absolutely spectacular- one of the darkest skies in the lower 48.

We camped in Big Bend National Park, and the faint running sounds of the Rio Grande river were about the only drama we experienced. From our campsite at dawn on Dec 25.

DJ_Critterus 12-29-2019 12:48pm

No drama until I got back from Tacoma yesterday morning. Oh, and a case of the flu.

Rodnok1 12-29-2019 12:53pm

Holiday sick is extra special.. I missed Christmas one year, sick for a week. Don't worry all the clean up was still there though.

Thunder22 12-29-2019 12:57pm

I had the flu for 9 days, missed everything including my birthday, family "christmas eve", christmas eve, christmas..... this is probably the sickest I've been in 20 years.

Raazor 12-29-2019 12:58pm

cliffs?

Raazor 12-29-2019 12:59pm

I got in a little trouble w/ Raazor's Gurl when I told my brother's live-in girlfriend she had a "trophy rack" and I needed a hug. :island14:

Murray 12-29-2019 1:00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raazor (Post 1704507)
cliffs?

Thunder is a ***** and Steve loves family

bsmith 12-29-2019 1:01pm

In-laws divorced 25+ years ago, but the custody battles rage on.

I don't even like the holidays.

VatorMan 12-29-2019 1:06pm

No real drama here this year. Next year on Christmas we will be headed to Fiji to pick up a cruise ship.

snide 12-29-2019 1:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by VatorMan (Post 1704516)
No real drama here this year. Next year on Christmas we will be headed to Fiji to pick up a cruise ship.

Let me know if you need help with that. Those cruise ships can be heavy...

DJ_Critterus 12-29-2019 1:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by VatorMan (Post 1704516)

I working on planning a trip back home to see some long time family friends next Christmas.