The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Island14 (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58766)

Torqaholic 11-04-2013 11:08pm

Island14

Mean typhoon heading your way. Saw a prediction of 150mph winds over the central Phillipines. They're calling it Haiyan. Don't know what that means in oriental speak but I'm guessing it's going to mean "kiss your ass goodbye" from now on.

Uncle Meat 11-05-2013 5:09am

:willy::willy::willy::willy::willy::willy::willy:

Stock up NOW!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2302/...efe788b82f.jpg

In all seriousness, keep your head down Island14 and watch out for the flying coconuts!

U.M.

Rob 11-05-2013 5:34am

Be safe Tim.

Those are some strong winds.

Torqaholic 11-05-2013 6:48am

I'd be looking for a rocky cave to hang out in for a couple days if that beast was heading my way.

island14 11-05-2013 7:33am

This does not look good..

If you notice that dot just north west of the island of Cebu.... (Just above where it says Bacolod) that's where we are.

http://www.destination360.com/maps/philippines-map.gif

Path of the Typhoon...... :(

http://64.19.142.11/images.gmanews.t...5_07_13_38.gif

We tied the roof down at the front pretty good with nylon after the last Typhoon, so since we have a full day till it hits I'm going to work on getting the back tied down tomorrow.

The house should be able to take the hit, (I think) but I'm worried the roof wont make it.

Possible super typhoon may hit PHL on Thursday | Weather | GMA News Online

I was down in the city the past few days but came home today when I head about this, before I got stuck there as the boats will all be cancelled soon.

Kerrmudgeon 11-05-2013 7:41am

Wow, that's going to be a hell of a blow Tim, keep safe. :(

http://images.gmanews.tv/v3/webpics/...5_07_13_38.gif

Quote:

The US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) defines a "super typhoon" as having maximum sustained winds of 234 kph or more.
...that's like 142 mph!!!:willy:

jaxgator 11-05-2013 7:42am

Damn Tim! Will you take the wife and kids inland or stay at your place?

Hunker down. Be safe. Keep us posted if you can.

Marc 11-05-2013 7:44am

Good luck. Hope it misses you :cert::cert:

DukeAllen 11-05-2013 10:05am

dayum. And I freak out when we have a blow over 70 or so, waiting for (more of) our trees to fall!
Stay safe!

Barn Babe 11-05-2013 10:11am

:willy:Hunker down!:willy:

xXBUDXx 11-05-2013 10:12am

Holy Hell, hunker down!! Johnny better watch out too!!

Fingers crossed for you and the family, Tim. :sadangel:

dwjz06 11-05-2013 10:35am

Wow. Good luck Tim. Stay safe man.:cert: I hope this misses you all. Make sure to post up after the storm sir.:seasix:

island14 11-05-2013 11:18am

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwjz06 (Post 1064761)
Wow. Good luck Tim. Stay safe man.:cert: I hope this misses you all. Make sure to post up after the storm sir.:seasix:

Not sure how long the power will be out, the last big one was Typhoon Frank, and the power was out here in my village for about a month.

Over in town they had it back on in a week, so I can always go over there to an internet cafe if needed.

Dixie has my number if I get lost, but cell phone towers might be down a few days.

I'm hoping this is all over rated as happens sometimes.. :seasix:

simpleman68 11-05-2013 11:22am

Quote:

Originally Posted by island14 (Post 1064787)

I'm hoping this is all over rated as happens sometimes.. :seasix:

Me too, Tim. :yesnod:

Would be nice if she just fizzled and turned back out to deep sea.
Scott

island14 11-05-2013 11:35am

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaxgator (Post 1064694)
Damn Tim! Will you take the wife and kids inland or stay at your place?

We will stay here at the house.

I will have the kids and wife sleep downstairs, but I want to stay top side to keep an eye on things.

I will move the computer and stuff downstairs Thursday night to keep it dry and safe.

From what I have read so far in the news it should hit Thursday night lightly, and by Friday be in full force..

The maps show we are going to be right in the middle of it..

Typhoon Haiyan a Serious Threat to the Philippines

http://64.19.142.13/vortex.accuweath...1301_track.jpg

http://64.19.142.13/vortex.accuweath...51404_hd31.jpg

Philippines braces for incoming super typhoon Yolanda | Sun.Star

http://64.19.142.10/gallery.sunstar..../yolanda-L.jpg

onedef92 11-05-2013 12:30pm

Take care, Tim. We're praying for you guys! :angel:

86RAG 11-05-2013 12:32pm

Damn, hope you and everyone else on those islands stay safe. Good luck to all! :seasix::

Knooger 11-05-2013 2:04pm

Damn, hope all goes well for you.

GentleBen 11-05-2013 3:05pm

Tim,

While we had not thought of using some of the Christmas money now for anything other than presents, I know that we had suggested that the excess be used to buy a bag or two of rice and other provisions in case of a natural emergency such as this. However, this might be the occasion to reverse our projected order and buy the rice and other necessary supplies now and to buy the toys later after Haiyan / Yolanda has completed its transit of the islands.

I am sure that I and others would contribute some more to reimburse the "Santa" fund for the kids if you were to do this.

BTW, keep your head (and the rest of your body) down!!!

VatorMan 11-05-2013 3:10pm

Here's hoping the best !!

Dan Dlabay 11-05-2013 4:35pm

Man Tim me and Yen hope and pray that you and your family stay safe and that the rest of the people on the island make it safe through this storm.

Norm 11-05-2013 9:05pm

Hope everybody stays safe.

island14 11-05-2013 9:28pm

This is not looking good...

They say it will now be Cat 5 instead of Cat 4.

Quote:

Typhoon Haiyan, roughly 48-60 hours from a dangerous encounter with the Philippines, is rapidly intensifying

The Joint Typhoon Warning Center estimates its maximum sustained winds are 120 mph (as of 18 UTC), the equivalent of a category 3 hurricane. That’s a a 70 mph increase since Monday when peak winds were around 50 mph (at 15 UTC).

Severe Typhoon Haiyan exploding in power on path towards Philippines
We are getting the roof tied down better with nylon.

The last smaller storm the nails into the bamboo were pulling out, so we already tied down the front.

But now since we have the time we are doing the back of the house and even the center to be safer.

There are 4 guys here working on getting it done today while we still have time.

Heading over to town in awhile to stock up on supplies.

http://freeshopmanual.com/uploads/photos/DSCF0092.jpg

99 pewtercoupe 11-05-2013 9:32pm

Good Luck Tim. You know all of us will be thinking about you

Ol Timer 11-05-2013 9:35pm

Tim,

I'm praying for the safety of your family, friends and village. Stay safe.

Stangkiller 11-05-2013 9:49pm

geeez man, prayers sent, best of luck!

beadist 11-05-2013 9:52pm

Hope you all come thru the storm safely and with minimal damage. :seasix:

Prayers being sent that all goes well :yesnod:

Torqaholic 11-05-2013 11:11pm

Current satellite images show it looks a lot like hurricane Andrew, relatively small and tightly packed. I've heard the eye is only 6 miles across so there's a good chance that it will miss you. I hope it does. This is what Andrew did -

http://hurricanehistory.org/pictures...an-Andrew6.jpg

wwomanC6 11-05-2013 11:18pm

Hope and prayers for y'all. Your in our prayers that everyone comes out of this safe!

island14 11-06-2013 1:57am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torqaholic (Post 1065203)
Current satellite images show it looks a lot like hurricane Andrew, relatively small and tightly packed. I've heard the eye is only 6 miles across so there's a good chance that it will miss you. I hope it does. This is what Andrew did -

http://hurricanehistory.org/pictures...an-Andrew6.jpg

I posted the wrong info above...

Quote:

Typhoon Haiyan, roughly 48-60 hours from a dangerous encounter with the Philippines, is rapidly intensifying.

Haiyan is forecast to have maximum sustained winds of 150 mph within 12 hours, which would classify it is a super typhoon. By Thursday, its highest sustained winds may peak around 160 mph, rendering it a catastrophic category 5 storm just as it is nearing landfall in the central Philippines. The JTWC officially brings Haiyan ashore with peak winds near 155 mph around 6 UTC Friday (1 a.m EST, 2 p.m. local time in Manila).

I hope it misses us also or fizzles out even better.. :yesnod:

OddBall 11-06-2013 5:16am

Prayers and best wishes, Tim. Hunker down, batten down, and hold on to the family tight.

Sea Six 11-06-2013 6:05am

Stay safe!

:angel:

dwjz06 11-06-2013 10:22am

Man Tim instead of tying the roof down you guys might want to start digging a big hole in the ground for a bunker. 160 mph winds is no joke:sadangel: Still hoping it dies down for you.:seasix::cert:

Stangkiller 11-06-2013 10:26am

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwjz06 (Post 1065397)
Man Tim instead of tying the roof down you guys might want to start digging a big hole in the ground for a bunker. 160 mph winds is no joke:sadangel: Still hoping it dies down for you.:seasix::cert:

He lives on sea level, does he really want to be lower?

dwjz06 11-06-2013 10:47am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stangkiller (Post 1065400)

:lol: Valid point. Not many places to hide from winds like that. The water in a hole not such a good idea either:seasix:

island14 11-06-2013 11:51am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stangkiller (Post 1065400)

:Jeff '79:

We are about 3 foot higher than high tide.. :yesnod:

But Don Meant well... :lol:

Tell you what guys, I am a bit worried to be honest. My wife and Kids lives could possibly depend on my decisions in the next hours.

Many people die in these things, and to be selfishly honest, I just hope it is not any of my friends or family.

Our home is almost in the direct path of this storm. (Red Dot is our island)

http://freeshopmanual.com/uploads/photos/Typhoon-1.gif

I keep checking the news for updates and found out that before they were saying Thursday night/Friday 1AM.. now they say the storm has speed up and could be here as soon as midnight Wednesday. WTF!!!!

Since it is already 12:30AM Thursday now..... I have to wonder if I should sleep, or stay awake and watch.. move the kids now? or wait?

I think to be safe I am going to move the kids to the guest house as there are no coconut trees that can fall on it, it is lower to the ground and also has a steel roof.

The windows are open upstairs where I am now, and the wind is just picking up a bit, but no more than normal for this time of the year really.

Stangkiller 11-06-2013 11:53am

Geez Tim stay safe! My biggest concern would be the storm surge. The fact the storm is speeding it is a good thing, that could mean less time under those damaging winds!

Knooger 11-06-2013 11:57am

Damn, man. That's some scary shit. Hope all goes well.

xXBUDXx 11-06-2013 11:58am

I'm worried for you guys. From what I've read, this is a mofo of a storm.

Is there somewhere you can evacuate to (higher ground)?

Cybercowboy 11-06-2013 12:02pm

Best of luck and stay safe whatever it takes!

jaxgator 11-06-2013 12:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stangkiller (Post 1065493)
Geez Tim stay safe! My biggest concern would be the storm surge. The fact the storm is speeding it is a good thing, that could mean less time under those damaging winds!

:iagree: I'd really be worried about the storm surge as well. Do you have access to a boat? Have life preservers? Can you get to higher ground?

I'll be praying for you and your family Tim.

island14 11-06-2013 1:22pm

Quote:

HAIYAN approaching Super Typhoon (STY) status as it rapidly gained strength due to the emergence of a pinhole-sized eye a few hours ago...now poses a serious threat to Eastern Visayas and Northeastern Mindanao. The initial potential landfall area of this typhoon remains along the Samar-Leyte Area on Friday morning, November 08.

This typhoon is similar in track and strength of Super Typhoon MIKE (RUPING) which passed across the Visayas in November of 1991 and devastated much of Metro Cebu. Residents living along the eastern seaboards of the Philippines from Northern Quezon...Bicol Region...down to Northeastern Mindanao should closely monitor the approach of this potentially destructive typhoon. Plans for emergency situations and/or disaster management planning must be implemented beginning today as the storm is only 3 days away from hitting land.

Meanwhile, Tropical Depression 30W (WILMA) has accelerated and is approaching the coast of Southern Vietnam. As of 5:00 am today, its center was estimated about 385 km ESE of Nha Trang, Vietnam (near 11.8N 112.7E). With maximum winds of 55 kph near the center and was moving westward at 31 kph in the general direction of Southern Vietnam.

Residents and visitors along Northeastern Mindanao, Visayas, Bicol Region and Eastern Luzon should closely monitor the development of Haiyan.

Do not use this for life or death decisions. This update is intended for additional information purposes only. Kindly refer to your national weather agency for official warnings, advisories or bulletins.

http://weather.com.ph/announcements/...ate-number-004
No one that I know of from here in our village went fishing tonight, some brought their small boats ashore, but some also left them at anchor.....

I kinda think tomorrow will be the real problem, not tonight. :island14:

Meanwhile the electric will go out, I just don't know when.

When it does I will move the computer, TV, and everything else that can become water damaged down stairs to help protect it.

simpleman68 11-06-2013 1:29pm

I know it's not your first rodeo with nasty stuff blowing into town.

Stay safe brutha :cert:
Scott

dwjz06 11-06-2013 1:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by island14 (Post 1065545)
No one that I know of from here in our village went fishing tonight, some brought their small boats ashore, but some also left them at anchor.....

I kinda think tomorrow will be the real problem, not tonight. :island14:

Meanwhile the electric will go out, I just don't know when.

When it does I will move the computer, TV, and everything else that can become water damaged down stairs to help protect it.

Man. Can you fly the family out before the spit hits the fan? Anywhere else safe to go to? :cert:

island14 11-06-2013 1:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stangkiller (Post 1065493)

Never thought of it that way, but you are right..

The faster it comes.. the faster it is over.. :yesnod: :seasix:

island14 11-06-2013 1:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXBUDXx (Post 1065496)
I'm worried for you guys. From what I've read, this is a mofo of a storm.

Is there somewhere you can evacuate to (higher ground)?

I'm thinking higher is more up in the wind? :island14:

I am worried also, not much for me, but for my family.

xXBUDXx 11-06-2013 1:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by island14 (Post 1065556)
I'm thinking higher is more up in the wind? :island14:

I am worried also, not much for me, but for my family.

My thoughts were to avoid the storm surge. :confused5:

Any possibility of getting up to the northern part of the country?

Hoog 11-06-2013 1:58pm

Man, I am really hoping the best for you, your family and friends. Wind is bad....rising water is much worse. Looking at that last plot it looks as if the eye will pass north of you and that is a very good thing for lessening wind and storm surge impact.

Hang in there bro....

island14 11-06-2013 1:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwjz06 (Post 1065553)
Man. Can you fly the family out before the spit hits the fan? Anywhere else safe to go to? :cert:

To get to an airport, we would have to go to the main island first by boat...

Not an option at this time... :lol:

island14 11-06-2013 2:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXBUDXx (Post 1065560)
My thoughts were to avoid the storm surge. :confused5:

Any possibility of getting up to the northern part of the country?

I have mixed thoughts on that, higher up means more up in the air.

I'm not worried about flooding as the sea will take up all the rains here.

Back a bit into the village would offer some blocking protection from the wind...

No hills nearby so no landslide problems..

I have been trying to think of a safer place to send the wife and kids but have no better plan yet than our guest house.

The last time I woke to the roof flapping in the wind, and saved it with the help of my brother in law... and some rope.

But that was a small one, and we are much more well tied down now than before.

CubSmurf 11-06-2013 2:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by island14 (Post 1065571)

Back a bit into the village would offer some blocking protection from the wind...

I have been trying to think of a safer place to send the wife and kids but have no better plan yet than our guest house.

The last time I woke to the roof flapping in the wind, and saved it with the help of my brother in law... and some rope.

Prayers for you, your family and your whole community. Stay safe!

Stangkiller 11-06-2013 2:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by island14 (Post 1065571)

It's the storm surge I'm concerned about, not the rain. The storm will bring in a high tide of likely 12'+, (just a guess). Galveston took on a 20' storm surge from IKE, a few years back. You will get some protection from the surrounding islands.

I can't find any estimates other than: "Haiyan will also produce a severe and inundating storm surge, especially along the eastern coast of southern Luzon and Samar islands.
Residents are urged to take the necessary precautions now ahead of Haiyan's approach and heed all evacuation orders issued by local officials."

Torqaholic 11-06-2013 3:56pm

This is the only tracking service I've been using since forever to track these things. Check it out, it's very useful.

After clicking the storm icon on the front page map you can view the image of the storm through a variety of filters listed across the top of the page and even see an animation in a variety size resolutions.

CIMSS Tropical Cyclones

Torqaholic 11-06-2013 4:27pm

What about heading to the Southern end of the island by vehicle? San Jose is the provincial capitol and has some very sturdy buildings. Winds will only be about half as strong there by the looks of the predictions.

boracayjohnny 11-06-2013 5:18pm

Tim, I hope all works out well for you and your family.

OddBall 11-06-2013 8:46pm

Damn, Tim. Looking at the storm tracking map, The eye of that thing is aimed right at you! Stay safe man. :angel:

Bingo Fuel 11-06-2013 8:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracayjohnny (Post 1065686)
Tim, I hope all works out well for you and your family.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OddBall (Post 1065916)
Damn, Tim. Looking at the storm tracking map, The eye of that thing is aimed right at you! Stay safe man. :angel:

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

Get off the beach and head for higher ground. :cert:

JRD77VET 11-06-2013 9:00pm

Good luck :angel:

Torqaholic 11-06-2013 9:08pm

Quote:

Appears the prediction has been adjusted from 48 hours ago. The eye is now expected to track directly over the North end of the island. Hope they evacuated.

MEANZ06 11-06-2013 11:26pm

Stay safe my friend! :cert:

'77Babe 11-07-2013 2:50am

Wow, I hope Tim's family and neighbors get away with just minimal damage. :angel:

xXBUDXx 11-07-2013 6:58am

Hoping for the best, Tim

OddBall 11-07-2013 8:08am

Check in with us if you can, Tim. We're worried about ya.

DukeAllen 11-07-2013 8:12am

We expect you to come back ok, reporting that nothing bad happened except it was the wildest blow job you ever had :seasix:

VITE1 11-07-2013 8:20am

:angel:

island14 11-07-2013 9:19am

I just took my family to high ground in case of Storm surge, as we are only about 1 meter above high tide, and our seawall is about a meter tall.

I really think the outer islands will take the storm surge hit the most, but I read somewhere in the news that the storm surge could be as high as 18 feet, so not taking any chances for my kids.

The rains have just started, and already the wind is starting to pick up.

We are on Bantayan Island, some are reporting signal 4, and some news are reporting signal 5.. either way... this is going to be a rough ride tonight.
More Philippine provinces under storm signal number 4 as Typhoon Yolanda intensifies | Sun.Star

I’m staying here at the house tonight with my brother in law, and lots of spare rope to try to save the house the best we can.

Here in awhile when the electric goes off, I will wrap the computer and electronics in plastic in case the roof goes.

I will let you know when it is over, but expect the power to be out for a few days..

I have a case of Rhum waiting for after the storm passes. :D
(no drinking tonight here)

Cheers!

Tim

Cybercowboy 11-07-2013 9:22am

High ground and rhum, sounds like about all you can reasonably do! Good luck sir!

Hoog 11-07-2013 9:23am

Take care, man.

Stangkiller 11-07-2013 9:23am

Quote:

Originally Posted by island14 (Post 1066109)
I just took my family to high ground in case of Storm surge, as we are only about 1 meter above high tide, and our seawall is about a meter tall.

I really think the outer islands will take the storm surge hit the most, but I read somewhere in the news that the storm surge could be as high as 18 feet, so not taking any chances for my kids.

The rains have just started, and already the wind is starting to pick up.

We are on Bantayan Island, some are reporting signal 4, and some news are reporting signal 5.. either way... this is going to be a rough ride tonight.
More Philippine provinces under storm signal number 4 as Typhoon Yolanda intensifies | Sun.Star

I’m staying here at the house tonight with my brother in law, and lots of spare rope to try to save the house the best we can.

Here in awhile when the electric goes off, I will wrap the computer and electronics in plastic in case the roof goes.

I will let you know when it is over, but expect the power to be out for a few days..

I have a case of Rhum waiting for after the storm passes. :D
(no drinking tonight here)

Cheers!

Tim

Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear you found some higher ground for your family! Stay safe!

Any chances I can convince you to just tie down what you can and take the rhum to higher ground with your family?! There's no saving anything from an 18' storm surge.

boracayjohnny 11-07-2013 9:36am

http://i.imgur.com/Zgw26gU.jpg

Seriously, Tim, a home can be replaced as well as the things inside. You cannot. Join the family at higher ground.

Rob 11-07-2013 9:40am

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracayjohnny (Post 1066118)

Seriously, Tim, a home can be replaced as well as the things inside. You cannot. Join the family at higher ground.

:iagree:

boracayjohnny - is this storm going to hit you as well?

simpleman68 11-07-2013 9:40am

Catch you on the other side of this one brutha :cert:
Scott

island14 11-07-2013 9:44am

Quote:

Yep, straight at us.... :yesnod:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stangkiller (Post 1066113)
Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear you found some higher ground for your family! Stay safe!

Any chances I can convince you to just tie down what you can and take the rhum to higher ground with your family?! There's no saving anything from an 18' storm surge.

Actually it was you guys here talking about it that made me start searching more... :seasix:

Like I said, I don't really think the storm surge will be much here as the outer islands are going to take the hit.. but didn't want to chance it for my kids.

I'm thinking if sections of roof start to take off in the wind, we can tie it down to save it like we did the last time.

One of my local buddies here offered to bring me a big rope so we could tie the house down to some coconut trees.. :Jeff '79:

Oh hell no... I told him.... I have seen how much they sway in the wind and it would probably just jerk our house out from it's roots... :lol:

boracayjohnny 11-07-2013 9:48am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixievet (Post 1066119)
:iagree:

boracayjohnny - is this storm going to hit you as well?

Actually, I've been in San Antonio for some time now....just haven't got around to changing my location. However, the wife is still in Angeles and isn'tconcerned about things since she's been through many typhoons. This one seems to be striking the Angeles area with the edge. Another report from someone living there is saying right now there isn't any wind and no rain.

Stangkiller 11-07-2013 9:51am

Quote:

Originally Posted by island14 (Post 1066127)
Yep, straight at us.... :yesnod:

Actually it was you guys here talking about it that made me start searching more... :seasix:

Like I said, I don't really think the storm surge will be much here as the outer islands are going to take the hit.. but didn't want to chance it for my kids.

I'm thinking if sections of roof start to take off in the wind, we can tie it down to save it like we did the last time.

One of my local buddies here offered to bring me a big rope so we could tie the house down to some coconut trees.. :Jeff '79:

Oh hell no... I told him.... I have seen how much they sway in the wind and it would probably just jerk our house out from it's roots... :lol:

:rofl: There's a story going around florida:

A guy took delivery of a brand new boat on a trailer just in time for a hurricane to come through. He did every thing he could think of to prepare the boat, put covers and tarps over it, and parked it between two palm trees and strapped it down.

The covers ripped off the boat, the trees were blown away, but the boat filled with water and was right where he left it. :rofl:

...Whitepower... 11-07-2013 10:34am

Super Typhoon Aims for Philippines; Thousands Flee - SKYE on AOL

Giraffe (He/Him) 11-07-2013 11:04am

Stay safe Tim. This thing is making the national news. Looks like a monster.

Loco Vette 11-07-2013 11:13am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Meat (Post 1064668)
In all seriousness, keep your head down Island14 and watch out for the flying coconuts!

U.M.

:iagree::willie::iagree::willie::iagree::willie:

OddBall 11-07-2013 12:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracayjohnny (Post 1066118)

:iagree: What Johnny said.

OddBall 11-07-2013 12:12pm

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e2...ps3c8ad15e.jpg

Brett K 11-07-2013 12:13pm

Sent a prayer for you and your community! My wife's friend's wife is there now visiting family. Hopefully, she is out of harm's way.

Kerrmudgeon 11-07-2013 3:03pm

Time to invest in a pod Tim.....:seasix:

http://www.iann.net/showcase/kenneth...ll_001_std.jpg

Stay safe! :ohnoes:

TripleBlack 11-07-2013 3:41pm

Seeing forecasts of 50'+ surge along with winds over 200mph.

Prayers sent Tim. I hope you and your family have found a safe place.

Z06David 11-07-2013 3:49pm

Stay safe man!!!

Knooger 11-07-2013 3:50pm

Damn, this video does not sound good at all. I sure hope things go well for everyone involved.

Super Typhoon Haiyan, strongest storm of 2013, heads for Philippines - CNN.com

dwjz06 11-07-2013 3:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleBlack (Post 1066303)
Seeing forecasts of 50'+ surge along with winds over 200mph.

Prayers sent Tim. I hope you and your family have found a safe place.

:iagree::cert: Just Dayum! And here we were hoping to bring a good time to these kids on the island. I hope they are all moving to higher ground.:sadangel::sadangel:

Jobaka 11-07-2013 5:02pm

Not good:

Quote:

Haiyan had intensified and accelerated as it moved closer to the country with sustained winds of 195 mph and ferocious gusts of 235 mph, according to the U.S. Navy's Joint Typhoon Warning Center.
and

Quote:

President Benigno Aquino III warned people to leave high-risk areas, including 100 coastal communities where forecasters said the storm surge could reach up to 23 feet.
Source

VatorMan 11-07-2013 5:05pm

I'm dreading the report when he gets back online. :sadangel::sadangel:

CubSmurf 11-07-2013 5:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by VatorMan (Post 1066365)
I'm dreading the report when he gets back online. :sadangel::sadangel:

agreed. I hope he and his family are safe. I cannot even imagine.

Jeff '79 11-07-2013 5:24pm

RuRo....:sadangel:

boracayjohnny 11-07-2013 5:25pm

The sad part is the rich and powerful continue to line their pockets instead of creating an effective defense and recovery from natural disasters. The coming news will, once again, show loss of life and homes due to substandard abilities.

simpleman68 11-07-2013 5:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff '79 (Post 1066379)
RuRo....:sadangel:

Yeah man :sadangel:
Praying for all those in her path.

Scott

sanchez 11-07-2013 5:35pm

Stay safe Tim. I hope you and your family are about to stay out of harms way.

Kerrmudgeon 11-07-2013 6:11pm

Strongest storm EVER!.......over 200mph winds...sustained.:sadangel:

Typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda) Latest News Real-Time Updates

OddBall 11-07-2013 6:11pm

I believe Tim is on Bantayan Island.
From the pictures Tim has posted, he's right on the coast, across from Hilantagan Island.
The eye of that storm is headed straight for his house.
With sustained winds in the eye-wall of 315 mph, I really fear for Tim. If that thing hits there, his house isn't going to make it. I hope he and his family are on the other side of the island on high ground.

Sending Tim and his family and friends lots of prayers. :sadangel:

The_Dude 11-07-2013 6:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerrmudgeon (Post 1066411)
Strongest storm EVER!.......over 200mph winds...sustained.:sadangel:

Typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda) Latest News Real-Time Updates

From the link:
"significant loss of life predicted"

:sadangel::sadangel::sadangel::sadangel:

Jeff '79 11-07-2013 6:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by OddBall (Post 1066412)
I believe Tim is on Bantayan Island.
From the pictures Tim has posted, he's right on the coast, across from Hilantagan Island.
The eye of that storm is headed straight for his house.
With sustained winds in the eye-wall of 315 mph, I really fear for Tim. If that thing hits there, his house isn't going to make it. I hope he and his family are on the other side of the island on high ground.

Sending Tim and his family and friends lots of prayers. :sadangel:

Holy fk...

Prayers for Tim and his village.:sadangel:

Aerovette 11-07-2013 6:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by island14 (Post 1064804)
We will stay here at the house.

I will have the kids and wife sleep downstairs, but I want to stay top side to keep an eye on things.

I will move the computer and stuff downstairs Thursday night to keep it dry and safe.

From what I have read so far in the news it should hit Thursday night lightly, and by Friday be in full force..

The maps show we are going to be right in the middle of it..

Typhoon Haiyan a Serious Threat to the Philippines

http://64.19.142.13/vortex.accuweath...1301_track.jpg

http://64.19.142.13/vortex.accuweath...51404_hd31.jpg

Philippines braces for incoming super typhoon Yolanda | Sun.Star

http://64.19.142.10/gallery.sunstar..../yolanda-L.jpg

My family will be praying for you and praying this thing takes a hard turn and misses you. All things considered...be safe.

NeedSpeed 11-07-2013 6:33pm

Quote:

The only tiny bright side is that it's a fast-moving storm, so flooding from heavy rain — which usually causes the most deaths from typhoons in the Philippines — may not be as bad, Masters said.

"The wind damage should be the most extreme in Phillipines history," he said.
Damn :sadangel:

Fastguy 11-07-2013 6:45pm

Holy hell, that is about the craziest storm I have seen. Hope you ride it out safely.