The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   So I got a raise... (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117383)

Datawiz 09-28-2018 4:08pm

So I got a raise...

That has apparently been in place for the entire month of September. I don't look at my pay stubs, so I was clueless. 8% increase. No advisory, no nothing. My manager was clueless, and in fact said that all raises were frozen. Had to dig deeper to find the truth. At least it's not an accounting error, it's legit, I guess someone finally figured out I'm pretty good at what I do.

BUT...no notification? :willy: WTH?!?

DAB 09-28-2018 4:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by datawiz (Post 1644423)
That has apparently been in place for the entire month of September. I don't look at my pay stubs, so I was clueless. 8% increase. No advisory, no nothing. My manager was clueless, and in fact said that all raises were frozen. Had to dig deeper to find the truth. At least it's not an accounting error, it's legit, I guess someone finally figured out I'm pretty good at what I do.

BUT...no notification? :willy: WTH?!?

ballers.....sigh..... :slap:

Datawiz 09-28-2018 4:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1644426)
ballers.....sigh..... :slap:

They work me too hard, I don't have time to look at my pay stubs. :yesnod:

MrPeabody 09-28-2018 4:20pm

Sounds like you better step it up a notch, slacker.

(immediately starts planning how to mount six more monitors on his rack)

VITE1 09-28-2018 5:30pm

Sock as much away as you can. Then when working for the corporate assholes gets to be to much you can walk with a nice lifestyle.

Mike Mercury 09-28-2018 6:01pm

https://media.makeameme.org/created/...t-paycheck.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...7G3cKpyiR9Bz3y

Giraffe (He/Him) 09-28-2018 6:45pm

Quote:

I don't look at my pay stubs,
Dude, this is kinda, I dunno, not smart?

Datawiz 09-28-2018 6:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas (Post 1644441)
Dude, this is kinda, I dunno, not smart?

Guess I have to work harder.

As long as my bills are paid and my savings balance goes up, I don't really think about it.

Been begging for more quan for awhile, they came through, but ZERO notification. Seriously, WTF?!?

DAB 09-28-2018 6:56pm

Dear datafiz, look at your next paystub to see your raise.

Love, accounting trolls.

Datawiz 09-28-2018 6:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1644443)
Dear datafiz, look at your next paystub to see your raise.

Love, accounting trolls.

Dear DAB....looked at the last two.

Taxes increase, but I get a small little bit to help keep my kid at an out of state school. :seasix:

Is amazing how a significant raise dwindles down to a bi-monthly paycheck increase. :lol:

Giraffe (He/Him) 09-28-2018 7:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by datawiz (Post 1644442)
Guess I have to work harder.

As long as my bills are paid and my savings balance goes up, I don't really think about it.

Been begging for more quan for awhile, they came through, but ZERO notification. Seriously, WTF?!?

Yeah, I’m on my 15th consecutive 12 hour/day work day. 20 more and I’m done. Oh yeah - midnights too. At the office, not in the comfort of my home. Two monitors. I understand hard work.

My point wasn’t to challenge your work ethic. (Although for some odd reason you felt the need to defend that) My point was mistakes happen.

tjfontaine 09-29-2018 6:20pm

The way the compensation increase at my former fortune 500 company worked is that we - as mgmt - first got the notification the person reporting to us was going to get an increase. It was then expected we would then notify (in person) the person their compensation is going up and WHY. The person did not directly get that notification other than in their check. From what i understand this is similar at many big companies. Perhaps your manager got such a notification and missed letting you know.

Datawiz 09-29-2018 7:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjfontaine (Post 1644556)
The way the compensation increase at my former fortune 500 company worked is that we - as mgmt - first got the notification the person reporting to us was going to get an increase. It was then expected we would then notify (in person) the person their compensation is going up and WHY. The person did not directly get that notification other than in their check. From what i understand this is similar at many big companies. Perhaps your manager got such a notification and missed letting you know.

My manager was clueless, and also didn't get a raise himself. Raises are frozen in the org according to my mgr. I had to go to his boss (my old boss) to get the skinny.

Very cloak and dagger.

Giraffe (He/Him) 09-29-2018 10:00pm

Still at work here. Break time. Eight hours to go!

Datawiz 09-30-2018 3:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas (Post 1644451)
Yeah, I’m on my 15th consecutive 12 hour/day work day. 20 more and I’m done. Oh yeah - midnights too. At the office, not in the comfort of my home. Two monitors. I understand hard work.

My point wasn’t to challenge your work ethic. (Although for some odd reason you felt the need to defend that) My point was mistakes happen.

I think you took my reply to your post out of context. When I said working harder, I meant looking at my pay stubs. :lol: I wasn't comparing work ethic. :cert:

Giraffe (He/Him) 10-19-2018 6:20pm

Heading into work! Day 37. I'm tired of this shit. :cry:

Datawiz 10-19-2018 6:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas (Post 1647012)
Heading into work! Day 37. I'm tired of this shit. :cry:

Have you asked for a raise yet? :D

DAB 10-19-2018 6:26pm

work?

raise?

these people speak an unknown language.....

lspencer534 10-19-2018 7:22pm

I'm retired, so I dont give a ****...except that I'm always happy to see someone get more money.

simpleman68 10-19-2018 8:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by lspencer534 (Post 1647018)
... I'm always happy to see someone get more money.

:yesnod: Yeah man, really nice to see people being rewarded for hard work. :cert:
Scott