The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   I hope the next big trend in music is... (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95481)

lspencer534 03-19-2016 4:43pm

I hope the next big trend in music is...

Talent....

boracayjohnny 03-19-2016 5:54pm

There's a lotta shitty auto tune talent there now.

Me, I like ole girl Adele. She has some pipes. I also like her dgaf what people think I do attitude.

markids77 03-19-2016 10:26pm

Adele is only "good" because she sounds "different". Like Tracy Chapman or Norah Jones. Who have both faded to relative obscurity because their 'range' is limited. She sounds like herself every time which bodes poorly for a lasting stardom. I am already bored.

boracayjohnny 03-19-2016 11:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by markids77 (Post 1460934)
Adele is only "good" because she sounds "different". Like Tracy Chapman or Norah Jones. Who have both faded to relative obscurity because their 'range' is limited. She sounds like herself every time which bodes poorly for a lasting stardom. I am already bored.

She's already been around for 10 years. That's more than the normal one/two hit auto tune crowd. I'll say she lasts until she gets tired of the lime light since she already doesn't like big/huge places.

'77Babe 03-20-2016 2:07am

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracayjohnny (Post 1460844)
There's a lotta shitty auto tune talent there now.

Me, I like ole girl Adele. She has some pipes. I also like her dgaf what people think I do attitude.

Adele - Water Under The Bridge. "25" - YouTube

:iagree: I like Hozier too. And Ed Sheeran. Lots of wtf song texts and crappy music out there right now, but still some talent here and there.

Giraffe (He/Him) 03-20-2016 7:35am

Put me down as an Adele fan. Yes, she is the musical equivalent of throwing a spiked heal at a boyfriend but you gotta sing about something. She does it well.

04 commemorative 03-20-2016 7:40am

Not saying she has no talent but....I want to poke my eardrums out when I hear her....as far as other talent...don't hold your breath.

Entropy 03-20-2016 9:34am

There is a lot of great music out there, but it's not going to be where you normally would look for it (it's not on the radio or on the Grammy's).

Use apps like Pandora or Spotify and pick an artist you like. You'll find new artists are often suggested or will pop up.

Basically, you have to work at it a little bit.

simpleman68 03-20-2016 10:00am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Entropy (Post 1461000)
There is a lot of great music out there, but it's not going to be where you normally would look for it (it's not on the radio or on the Grammy's).

Use apps like Pandora or Spotify and pick an artist you like. You'll find new artists are often suggested or will pop up.

Basically, you have to work at it a little bit.

:iagree: Don't bother with any of the Clear Channel stations (which seems like nearly all)

A few I've discovered from one of the audio forum I'm on.
Scott

Mostly cover tunes but with a cool spin

Awesome newer jazz

This isn't my style of music but the message is spot on regarding media bombarding us with horrific images/stories
Watch your head :Jeff '79:

04 commemorative 03-20-2016 1:13pm

vtelvr 03-20-2016 3:06pm

There is some talent out there...Check out the following:

The Jompson Brothers
The SteelDrivers
Chris Stapleton(lead on both of the above)
Jamey Johnson
Ray Lewis
Sturgil Simpson
Rocco DeLuca and The Burden

Entropy was spot on...get on Pandora, find a couple artists you like and start your listening experience.

StaticCling 03-20-2016 3:14pm

Giraffe (He/Him) 03-20-2016 3:28pm

I've posted these guys here before but they're without a doubt my favorite new band.
Rival Sons.

simpleman68 03-20-2016 5:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas (Post 1461075)
I've posted these guys here before but they're without a doubt my favorite new band.
Rival Sons.
Rival Sons - Keep On Swinging - YouTube

Damn great sound and a refreshing change of pace.
Lots of old school 70s distortion, even on the vocals.

I'll be checking into more of their stuff. :cert:
Scott

Giraffe (He/Him) 03-20-2016 5:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by simpleman68 (Post 1461103)
Damn great sound and a refreshing change of pace.
Lots of old school 70s distortion, even on the vocals.

I'll be checking into more of their stuff. :cert:
Scott

Definitely a throwback type band. :cert:

Crowvet 03-20-2016 5:37pm