The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mid-Atlantic Regional Events/Discussion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Hampton Bass Pro Cruise-in (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2502)

thegreenman 04-03-2010 8:24pm

Hampton Bass Pro Cruise-in

I went to Bass Pro tonight. Showed up around 8:30PM, few mustangs and ricers were there and three Bass Pro guys chatting on a hand held radio looking at the parking lot. I left and returned just before 9PM, the cars that were there were all leaving and Hampton police sitting there with there lights on.

My guess, Bass Pro is off again. Anyone heard anything?

YorkL8apex 04-03-2010 8:42pm

No, I went to the new York Co Cruise In at the sports complex off 17 behind Wendy's. Most of the regular Harley crowd was there, tey are trying to get a bunch of newer cars in lot and the older cars in another.

There was a decent crowd there until about 8pm. I hung out with Jack-da-Roofer until about 8:45 and there were few left but the tunes were still playing and no one seemed to be in a hurry to run us off.

thegreenman 04-03-2010 8:51pm

I was going to show up, but I couldn't find any times posted anywhere.

Th1 04-04-2010 10:45am

I went up To Bass Pro around 9 talked to the 5 police officers that were watching the lot and they said, thanx to the Honda kids "pissing on cars and tearing **** up" Bass Pro does not want there lot to be the hang out spot"ever again" Every one just ended up at Homedepot in Newport News. After going there Im pretty sure its going to be a bust soon also because same kids as before were doin the same crap:ulan: These were the same kids that told me to "tell my dad nice car" I simply laughed and said dont hate....Guess someone under 40 cant own a vette.

thegreenman 04-04-2010 11:35am

That is to bad, a few bad apples ruin it for all. Williamsburg new town center might be our best bet for a cruise-in. They ask for a couple bucks for charity, seems to be a better crowd and often LEO is there keeping an eye on everyone. I believe it is sponsored by tidewater mustang club, a lot of mustangs there and they were friendly enough. I got a few comments that you would expect from some of the mustang guys, but well worth going to.

I went to Jenro's in Virginia Beach yesterday, it won't be long before they shut it down. Idiots spinning tires in the parking lot and hauling azz through the lot. If they are lucky, they will only damage a car or two when they loose control, hopefully it doesn't take a young kid getting hurt before they smarten up.

York County cruise-in is really close to my house. Tony checked it out, I will have to go next chance I get. This should be good too, I believe Sheriff dept is putting it on and I suspect they would keep the ricers under control.

2ez 2spd 04-04-2010 7:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegreenman (Post 31799)
I went to Jenro's in Virginia Beach yesterday, it won't be long before they shut it down. Idiots spinning tires in the parking lot and hauling azz through the lot. If they are lucky, they will only damage a car or two when they loose control, hopefully it doesn't take a young kid getting hurt before they smarten up.

I seen you as I was leaving yesterday you are wright I seen a guy in a old car cutting across the lot spinning tires, like you I was hoping he did not hurt someone.

thegreenman 04-04-2010 7:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2ez 2spd (Post 31848)
I seen you as I was leaving yesterday you are wright I seen a guy in a old car cutting across the lot spinning tires, like you I was hoping he did not hurt someone.

I didn't see you, we are an exclusive "Langley spin out" club members, we need to stick together. :cheers:

4DH8R 04-04-2010 8:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegreenman (Post 31859)
I didn't see you, we are an exclusive "Langley spin out" club members, we need to stick together. :cheers:

Go team Langley-Eustis-Oceana-NorfolkNAS-Ft.Monroe!

2ez 2spd 04-04-2010 9:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegreenman (Post 31859)

Thats funny I was ask yesterday at Jenro's if I have got all the grass cleaned out from underneath my car yet :toetap: :lolsmile:

PortDawg 04-04-2010 9:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4DH8R (Post 31860)
Go team Langley-Eustis-Oceana-NorfolkNAS-Ft.Monroe!

..cough cough Gloucester....cough cough...

4DH8R 04-04-2010 10:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by PortDawg (Post 31868)
..cough cough Gloucester....cough cough...

Didn't leave you out, just a joke on Langley and Ft. Eustis combining into a "joint base". Whatever that is.

PortDawg 04-04-2010 10:19pm

Well since the USAF is taking over the maintenance of the housing, etc. life on Eustis will improve.

thegreenman 04-05-2010 7:04am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2ez 2spd (Post 31867)
Thats funny I was ask yesterday at Jenro's if I have got all the grass cleaned out from underneath my car yet :toetap: :lolsmile:

I am still finding grass inside every time I clean.

For those that don't know, we both spun-out on Langley Speedway during an cruise around the track.

YorkL8apex 04-05-2010 9:35am

Yeah but they both obeyed the only rules we had: ":takdir:Keep 'em outa the wall!"

thegreenman 04-05-2010 8:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4DH8R (Post 31873)
Didn't leave you out, just a joke on Langley and Ft. Eustis combining into a "joint base". Whatever that is.

Makes me wonder what will happen in the future. Years ago they were talking about combining the Army and Air Force, as much as the AF has shrunk over the years I am wondering it will happen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by YorkL8apex (Post 31900)
Yeah but they both obeyed the only rules we had: ":takdir:Keep 'em outa the wall!"

This is one rule I really want to follow. :D

GotChrist? 04-05-2010 10:03pm

The Air Force was originally the Army Air Corps before becoming it's own service.

thegreenman 04-05-2010 10:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by GotChrist? (Post 32000)
The Air Force was originally the Army Air Corps before becoming it's own service.

I served 21 years in Air Force, I think I read that somewhere before. :D

leec4ce 04-06-2010 7:20am

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegreenman (Post 32001)

Thanks for your service Jeff:flag: But after 21yrs in the Airforce I would have thought you would be working on your PGA Tour Card!:p

thegreenman 04-06-2010 7:33am

Quote:

Originally Posted by leec4ce (Post 32021)
Thanks for your service Jeff:flag: But after 21yrs in the Airforce I would have thought you would be working on your PGA Tour Card!:p

They banned me before my prime. With my skills hitting the ball they always suggested I go back to work for some reason. :D

GotChrist? 04-06-2010 6:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegreenman (Post 32001)

Oh hush.

I see your 21 years and raise you one.

22 years.
Navy.

<John watching greens eye's to see if he's going to fold, raise, or call. What's his give-a-ways? Green's got that creepy eyed stare going as he peers over his cards. What's he got up his sleeve? an Ace? A Derringer? Naked pics of my wife? Think John, think.>