The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Goodbye Linda. (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129187)

Don Rickles 08-02-2022 2:42pm

DAB, I don’t know you or your Linda, but reading your posts have shown me exactly who you two are. You’re both God loving and lived together with a deep love for each other. It has been a learning and emotional lesson reading your posts , which I’ve had a difficult time replying to.

It’s been life, it’s been love, it’s been really hard. But you will never forget or stop thinking of your love, your Linda. You have made us all, have and hold this memory with you forever. Until we meet again…

This place is made up of an extremely tight group. It’s my pleasure to be a tiny part….

Your loved Linda’s pain is gone, remember her with all your heart…

My deepest sympathies and condolences.

BayouCountry 08-02-2022 3:28pm

Sorry to hear of your loss.

99 pewtercoupe 08-02-2022 3:31pm

So sorry for your loss Doug. :sadangel:

C3C7NIC 08-02-2022 3:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1976009)
Her last written request of me:

“Decorate for x-mas”

She has about 47 boxes of decorations, and loves putting all over the house in December.

She could not talk at this point. This the whiteboard.

Not anywhere close to her beautiful hand writing.

May she Rest In Peace with our Father. Well done good and faithful servant.

That message says so much. She wants you to carry on and remember her with things that honor Christ and brought her joy.

May you be able to honor her wish and celebrate her every Christmas till you are reunited.

Hugs Doug.

DAB 08-02-2022 3:49pm

Very quiet

Shrike6 08-02-2022 3:52pm

This is tragic news. Our condolences for the loss of your loving wife.

86RAG 08-02-2022 4:29pm

Very sad news :sadangel: My deepest condolences to you, sir

MEANZ06 08-02-2022 4:45pm

:sadangel:

Sea Six 08-02-2022 4:52pm

I’m so sorry Doug

DAB 08-02-2022 4:58pm

Thank you for the 3 bags of munchies you 2. You know who you are. :grouphug:

Thunder22 08-02-2022 5:02pm

My condolences to you and your family. :sadangel:

DAB 08-02-2022 5:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig (Post 1976020)
“…in sickness, and in health, ‘til death, do us, part…”

You honored your vows…may you find some peace in that.

a few days ago, i got a nice email from the pastor who married us back in July 2002. small, simple ceremony on the water in MD at Linda's sister's house. beautiful setting for the 13 of us.

and i recalled to the pastor that those many years ago, i promised to Linda and to God that I would love, honor, and cherish her in sickness and in health, as long as we both shall live. and that at that moment, sitting by her bedside, as her defender and guardian, I was doing just that, for almost 43 hours straight. I made a vow, and I'm going to keep it as best I can. I believe I did.

my sister is also here, so it's nice to have someone to talk to and have dinner with. Linda's sister and husband got up at 2am today to catch the early flight, they are wiped out, so they went back to their hotel to rest for the remainder of the day. we'll do brunch here tomorrow around 10-ish. pancakes, bacon (thanks to the bacon meister, we have fresh bacon), and maybe some eggs with Maple syrup made by the cousin in Michigan on the old Brinkman tree farm. still making syrup. delicious stuff.

:grouphug:

tjfontaine 08-02-2022 5:14pm

First thing I looked for when logging into the barn tonight - report on Linda ... fearing the worst - which happened. So very very sorry for your loss Doug. She is at peace now. I hope you can get some rest the next few weeks will be just as hard on you.

Chuck A 08-02-2022 5:22pm

My condolences to you and your family.
very sad, indeed

DAB 08-02-2022 5:37pm

i'm not going to hit "thanks" to every post, but THANK YOU to everyone, (even that one guy) for your kind words and actions. they mean a lot to a lonely guy out in the sticks tonight.

we had some good chats the last few weeks, i think she sensed her time was short too, just didn't know how short.

for the past 5-6 months, she was working furiously on a counted cross stitch of Jenny Lake (the lake by the Grand Tetons). lovely pic of mountains, water, trees, rocks, whatnot. she really wanted to finish it, but alas, she was not able to do so. so perhaps, i'll pick it up this winter and finish it, then make a frame for it (our regular division of work, she spends 6 months on the needle work, I spend a week on the frame - no dummy here!). now i get to both ends of this.

Rob is right, i better start decorating for Christmas soon..... :smash:

Steve_R 08-02-2022 5:41pm

So sorry Doug. Take care of you now, you probably need it.

I'm at a project in Utah where one of my employees and good friends recently lost his wife very suddenly. I'm having dinner with him tomorrow, it won't be easy.

OnPoint 08-02-2022 5:47pm

Doug, rejoice in the knowledge she is in paradise with the Lord.

She can't wait to show you around the place.

sasnglass77 08-02-2022 5:58pm

Doug,

I was so sorry to hear of your beloved Linda's passing.
My deepest sympathies,

Laurie

:sadangel: :grouphug:

Dan47 08-02-2022 6:05pm

Sorry for your loss. :sadangel:

snide 08-02-2022 6:12pm

So sorry to hear this Douglas. :sadangel: