The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Hey NOX (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124097)

Jeff '79 11-16-2020 1:55pm

Hey NOX

What is your view on Trump's personnel drawdown in Afghanistan and Iraq announced today ?
Personally, I think a presence is more important than not.
School me please.

Also, Trump's Pentagon moves.... Thoughts?

Nox 11-16-2020 2:10pm

I think Afghanistan and Iraq are just festering wounds that will never heal. All we do is to pick at the scabs, when we should be amputating those limbs once and for all. The people and culture have not changed in a millennia and won’t just because we go in to babysit. I think a military incursion is just a big waste of time.

I am not that worried about anything Trump does moving forward. I’m more worried about what Biden will do when he takes office.

Jeff '79 11-16-2020 2:20pm

Interesting.
On one hand, I think that we need a launching platform there, and on the other hand, I say just let them deal with their own problems and just sever.
If we totally left, don't you think that potentially valuable Intel will no longer be available?
Or does it not matter.?

Nox 11-16-2020 2:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff '79 (Post 1823188)
Interesting.
On one hand, I think that we need a launching platform there, and on the other hand, I say just let them deal with their own problems and just sever.
If we totally left, don't you think that potentially valuable Intel will no longer be available?
Or does it not matter.?

We already have the most valuable intel in our possession. Someone in the know once told me that we should just let all the detainees in Gitmo and other places go. They have all long ago been mined for any useful info they would be willing to divulge. Then just follow them and see where they take us.. if you get the hint.

Jeff '79 11-16-2020 2:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nox (Post 1823189)
We already have the most valuable intel in our possession. Someone in the know once told me that we should just let all the detainees in Gitmo and other places go. They have all long ago been mined for any useful info they would be willing to divulge. Then just follow them and see where they take us.. if you get the hint.

Yep, I totally get it. :yesnod:

What are the concerns in a Biden admin. ?

Nox 11-16-2020 2:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff '79 (Post 1823190)
Yep, I totally get it. :yesnod:

What are the concerns in a Biden admin. ?

Let’s start with he got elected.

Jeff '79 11-16-2020 3:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nox (Post 1823191)
Let’s start with he got elected.

ya, sooooo, he did.
What are the concerns from a military standpoint ?

Rob 11-16-2020 3:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff '79 (Post 1823194)
ya, sooooo, he did.

More deployments mean more money for politicians :yesnod:

JetMechZ16 11-16-2020 3:28pm

Quote:

ya, sooooo, he did.

The majority of military members are not very enthused when there is a Democratic administration in place. Past experience tells us, they'll claim to trim fat from the budgets, while actually cutting to the bone. When carriers can't deploy due to differed maintenance that affects the battle groups ability to perform its mission. Well then you've cut to far.

USS John F. Kennedy was a prime example. Catapults inoperable at the time the ship was to deploy. The Captain was relieved of command due to a loss in his ability to command. When in truth they wouldn't listen to him when he said they could not afford to defer any more maintenance on the ship.

Nox 11-16-2020 3:42pm

Quote:

ya, sooooo, he did.

If the Democrats had their way it would not just be “Defund the Police,” it would be “Defund the Military,” and Defund anything that didn’t have to do with social welfare and free medicine and free handouts for one and all. Maybe in a Unicorn Utopia where money grows on trees and gold was like sand on the beach, but the reality is, the money has to come from somewhere.

ratflinger 11-16-2020 4:34pm

Yeah, but welfare people gots to have iPhones!

Jeff '79 11-16-2020 5:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nox (Post 1823203)
If the Democrats had their way it would not just be “Defund the Police,” it would be “Defund the Military,” and Defund anything that didn’t have to do with social welfare and free medicine and free handouts for one and all. Maybe in a Unicorn Utopia where money grows on trees and gold was like sand on the beach, but the reality is, the money has to come from somewhere.

Hopefully the GOP can get their house in order before the entire country is ruined. Extreme right tactics will never work, just as extreme left won't.
The Pubs went a bridge too far this go round and lost the election because of it.

mrvette 11-16-2020 5:51pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff '79 (Post 1823221)
Hopefully the GOP can get their house in order before the entire country is ruined. Extreme right tactics will never work, just as extreme left won't.
The Pubs went a bridge too far this go round and lost the election because of it.

Over a thousand bridges to GO too.....

as for the troops overseas, I think we need back up and come home.....islam gets aggressive.....we bring them down with ICBM's.....fry them.....EVERY capital they have in ALL of islam.....destroy their oil industry and any water source they have......in 6 months the rest of the world can set around some table and draw lines on the map deciding who wants what.....

:issues::seasix::hurray:

VatorMan 11-16-2020 5:52pm

Shrub Bush started that whole mess invading Iraq and as NOX said, the festering wound Afghanistan. I truly wonder what our national debt would be right now without both of those ? Obama kept pushing when he promised to bring the boys home and close Gitmo He did neither.

Trump is doing what he pledged- even if he might be on his way out. Keeping promises unlike a 50 year .Gov employee that just got elected will EVER do.

Broken Wind 11-16-2020 5:58pm

Quote:

It’s funny AF that you think you have it all figured out.

z06psi 11-16-2020 7:10pm

YHGTBFKM.

z06psi 11-16-2020 7:28pm

Launching platform? For what?

This I gotta hear.

Rikki Z-06 11-16-2020 7:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06psi (Post 1823252)
Launching platform? For what?

This I gotta hear.

:withstupid:

:bigears:

RedLS1GTO 11-16-2020 7:47pm

Quote:

Extreme right tactics will never work, just as extreme left won't.

Please detail what policies were "extreme right"

VITE1 11-16-2020 7:50pm

We spend more on the "War on Poverty" each year than the combined costs of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. How about ending that massive failure?