The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   what is the most epic prank backfire you've witnessed? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11461)

Montehall 04-01-2011 11:26am

what is the most epic prank backfire you've witnessed?

I've not seen anything too spectacular.
sorry.

CP 04-01-2011 11:53am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montehall (Post 221375)
I've not seen anything too spectacular.
sorry.

Thread FAIL!

(nice avatar, tho)

Cybercowboy 04-01-2011 11:57am

One we did to a friend years ago.

Here's the short version. I was at a friend's house (Jay) one afternoon goofing around with him and two other friends. It was the 4th of July and we had some fireworks to shoot off, mainly bottle rockets. Getting bored, Jay and I went into his shop and looked around for something to blow up. Jay grabbed a garbage bag and filled it with oxygen and acetylene from his welding tank. We tied that off, put it out in the back yard, and shot bottle rockets at it until it exploded. BOOM! It went off like an M80! Awesome fireball too.

We were to go to another friend's house (John) that night for a BBQ/yard party, plus we could watch the city fireworks from his back yard pretty well. We thought it would be great to pull a prank on our friend there, so we filled another bag with the gas mix, this time adding a lot more acetylene because, well, it sounded like a good idea. By now it was nearly dark. We then transported this bag full of death over to John's house in the back of Jay's Four Runner. That was super smart but we made it safely.

Three of us went to the back yard where John, his wife, and a few other people were. Jay snuck around and, in a dark corner of John's fenced in back yard (high wood fence) he quietly draped the bag of death over the side so it was in the back yard suspended from the fence about 5 feet off the ground. You couldn't see it at all.

Jay then came bopping into the party and for awhile we just hung out, drank beer and ate burgers, and shot some fireworks off now and then. Then it was time. Jay, me, and our to other accomplices loaded up our bottle rocket launchers, which by now we were deadly accurate with, and pointed them at the hidden bag of death. One of them hit the bag and ignited it. It did not blow up. No.

Instead, it just kind of went "Whoooooooooooooooosssssssssshhhhhhhh" and a HUGE ball of fire climbed into the air, catching his neighbor's tree on fire, John's fence on fire, and generally making a big ass fire. I scrambled for the garden hose and we got it under control after a minute or two.

Then I got to spend the rest of the weekend helping John fix his fence and cutting burned branches off his neighbor's tree before he noticed. :D

lander 04-01-2011 12:08pm

Obama as President.

Still waiting for someone to yell "April Fools". :(

:leaving:

jaxgator 04-01-2011 12:58pm

I'm guessing there were mass quantities of alcohol consumed that day Cyber? Good story. :rofl: :rofl:

NEVRL8T 04-01-2011 1:04pm

Witnessed? It HAPPENED to me. When I was in high school, I had a pretty badassed three wheeler for the time. 1986 Honda 250R. It snowed nearly a foot and I was out terrorizing the neighborhood. These kids would build snowmen and I would mow them down with my three wheeler. After I mowed one snowman down a couple of streets over, I came back that afternoon and the kids had built another one. I got up a good head of steam and plowed into it. WHAM! I flipped over the handlebars and bent the forks. The little bastards had built it around a fire hydrant!!!!! I got lucky since the hydrand didn't break off at the ground but I was pissed!

navyndi2 04-01-2011 1:10pm

:rofl:

Cobra4B 04-01-2011 1:19pm

When I lived in New Jersey me and a buddy would make stick "bombs" on blind turns and hide in the woods watching the carnage. A stick bomb was just a pile of sticks in a low pyramid that a car couldn't get over. In retrospect I'm surprised we never made anyone swerve off the road and wreck badly... but hey were were like 8-9 and thought it was funny.

Well one day we "stick bombed" my buddy's mother's brand new Audi.... cracked the front bumper and tore up the exhaust... I'm not sure if he's ever told her it was us to this very day. He's an Opthamologist now :)

Cobra4B 04-01-2011 1:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by TxAg (Post 221563)
You were probably one of those evil kids who tore down sand castles too. :(

His story reminds me of how my grandfather "fixed" the kids who bashed his mailbox with baseball bats back in the day.

Lets just say Paw-paw's new mailbox was a 4x4 bored out to hide a steel pole and that pole was filled with concrete and it all had a serious concrete footer.

A few weeks later he went out and found the mailbox cracked, but a metal bat was laying on the ground by the driveway... I'll bet that kid broke his wrist :beat:

NEVRL8T 04-01-2011 1:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by TxAg (Post 221563)
You were probably one of those evil kids who tore down sand castles too. :(

:leaving: I know I was.

:lol::cheers: I was terrible. I actually made a family move before I was fifteen because of my behavior. :leaving:

yell01 04-01-2011 1:31pm

At my work golf outing a few years ago. We were in the fair way around a slight bend with a slight hill. A ball rolled up so my buddy laid down next to the ball with his hat beside him. Me and my other two buddies were standing around him with our hands on our heads saying "John, wake up...wake up" and "I don't think he's breathing". The other guys crested the hill and saw us and we can here them say "oh chit" as they veered away from us and pulled a u-turn to collect their thoughts. They slowly drove back over and my buddies still laying there and the guys are saying "Oh, god, I'm so sorry did anyone call 911?". My buddy pops up and they're stunned and silent for a few seconds and then we all busted out laughing.

Corey_68 04-01-2011 2:19pm

I have seen ( and did not approve of) the fake winning lottery ticket prank...it did not end well.:rofl::rofl:

thkauffman 04-01-2011 2:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobra4B (Post 221569)
His story reminds me of how my grandfather "fixed" the kids who bashed his mailbox with baseball bats back in the day.

Lets just say Paw-paw's new mailbox was a 4x4 bored out to hide a steel pole and that pole was filled with concrete and it all had a serious concrete footer.

A few weeks later he went out and found the mailbox cracked, but a metal bat was laying on the ground by the driveway... I'll bet that kid broke his wrist :beat:

My dad built one like that, too, except it was all 1/4" steel, including the mailbox. Concrete-filled post and everything. We used to sit out at night in lawn chairs in the dark and in the shadows and watch the carnage. Mailbox baseball made a lot of high schoolers cry.

Cybercowboy 04-04-2011 9:44am

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaxgator (Post 221521)
I'm guessing there were mass quantities of alcohol consumed that day Cyber? Good story. :rofl: :rofl:

Of that there is no doubt. :rofl: :beer:

wicked_c6 04-04-2011 3:36pm

The 2008 elections... :leaving:

Sea Six 04-04-2011 4:11pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEVRL8T (Post 221531)
Witnessed? It HAPPENED to me. When I was in high school, I had a pretty badassed three wheeler for the time. 1986 Honda 250R. It snowed nearly a foot and I was out terrorizing the neighborhood. These kids would build snowmen and I would mow them down with my three wheeler. After I mowed one snowman down a couple of streets over, I came back that afternoon and the kids had built another one. I got up a good head of steam and plowed into it. WHAM! I flipped over the handlebars and bent the forks. The little bastards had built it around a fire hydrant!!!!! I got lucky since the hydrand didn't break off at the ground but I was pissed!

That was YOU??!

:rofl: :rofl: