The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Go Texas! (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125163)

Loco Vette 03-02-2021 3:29pm

Go Texas!

Texas to end mask mandates, open for buisiness.

ZipZap 03-02-2021 3:33pm

They all gonna die. Gavin, Gretch and Andy told me so.:leaving:

Datawiz 03-02-2021 3:35pm

When Patty and I were in Clearwater Beach, our waitress at our first evening meal had recently moved from Minnesota to Florida because everything was closed in MN. She couldn't work. I hope Florida follows suit soon too.

ZipZap 03-02-2021 3:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by datawiz (Post 1863347)
When Patty and I were in Clearwater Beach, our waitress at our first evening meal had recently moved from Minnesota to Florida because everything was closed in MN. She couldn't work. I hope Florida follows suit soon too.

I have a friend in same field that just did the LA to Tampa move because she couldn't work in CA.

Bill 03-02-2021 3:50pm

Our long, statewide nightmare is (just about) over!

VITE1 03-02-2021 3:56pm

Good news!!

VatorMan 03-02-2021 4:06pm

Congrats you guys.

tjfontaine 03-02-2021 4:27pm

I HOPE they aren't jumping the gun ... glad to see some states opening up ... will be interesting to follow their case numbers.

gs568 03-02-2021 4:36pm

That’s awesome news.

Bill 03-02-2021 4:43pm

Houston's mayor is bitching about this right now at a press conference.

Cry harder, Sly!

ZipZap 03-02-2021 5:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1863368)
Houston's mayor is bitching about this right now at a press conference.

Cry harder, Sly!

So why doesn't he grab his balls and mandate a city rule? He's the mayor. You want a mask rule, then do it. This passive aggressive crap that's been going on is so lame. Just politicians passing the bagel. At least have the courage to do what you think is right instead of the whole "woe is me" shit. Jeez I'm hating almost all politicians at this point. No character, no honor and no backbone.

The_Dude 03-02-2021 5:22pm

Oregon has one of the lowest infection rates in the nation right now, but still has a mask mandate, and public schools are still closed.

Bill 03-02-2021 5:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZipZap (Post 1863372)
So why doesn't he grab his balls and mandate a city rule? He's the mayor. You want a mask rule, then do it. This passive aggressive crap that's been going on is so lame. Just politicians passing the bagel. At least have the courage to do what you think is right instead of the whole "woe is me" shit. Jeez I'm hating almost all politicians at this point. No character, no honor and no backbone.

He already said he's mandating masks on city property, and by city employees, but I don't see what enforcement mechanism he has to make people do it. I guess he can administratively punish the CoH employees, but I don't see that he can do anything about plain ol' citizens on City of Houston property. Maybe he can trespass them? I doubt HPD is interested in doing that, everyone hates them already.

ZipZap 03-02-2021 5:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1863380)
He already said he's mandating masks on city property, and by city employees, but I don't see what enforcement mechanism he has to make people do it. I guess he can administratively punish the CoH employees, but I don't see that he can do anything about plain ol' citizens on City of Houston property. Maybe he can trespass them? I doubt HPD is interested in doing that, everyone hates them already.

OK. At least he is standing by his beliefs. I hope that the people of Houston, including the city workers, can decide whether or not this was helpful.

gs568 03-02-2021 5:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Dude (Post 1863379)
Oregon has one of the lowest infection rates in the nation right now, but still has a mask mandate, and public schools are still closed.

They sound stupid like here in California.

Bill 03-02-2021 5:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZipZap (Post 1863382)
OK. At least he is standing by his beliefs. I hope that the people of Houston, including the city workers, can decide whether or not this was helpful.

The majority of the people in the City of Houston honestly worship a dead felon who died of a drug overdose. They're really not the best decision makers. Up until recently, the surrounding Harris County used to have enough sane voters to keep the county safe from liberal insanity. Sadly, I don't see Harris County ever recovering from that.

Iron Chef 03-02-2021 5:56pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by gs568 (Post 1863383)
They sound stupid like here in California.

Your braintrust governor called the move "absolutely reckless".

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

FLEXjs 03-02-2021 6:11pm

I really hope this goes well for Texas and sets the ball rolling for sanity across North America.

We've been locked down for a year now with mask mandates in place and it's enough already.

Unfortunately I do not see an end to the BS here. Cases are falling steadily yet somehow they are predicting doom and gloom and an astronomical increase in cases in the next few weeks, and are using that to keep us locked down.

We have 6 color-coded 'stages' of re-opening and even the least restrictive, Green, still requires social distancing, masks in public, and limits on social gatherings etc.

Seems like there is no plan for an END to this, just maybe some meager relaxing of the bullshit rules.

Dan Dlabay 03-02-2021 6:56pm

Good for him. I also heard that Alabama will have full attendance at their football games this year.:cert:

Dan Dlabay 03-02-2021 7:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLEXjs (Post 1863395)
I really hope this goes well for Texas and sets the ball rolling for sanity across North America.

We've been locked down for a year now with mask mandates in place and it's enough already.

Unfortunately I do not see an end to the BS here. Cases are falling steadily yet somehow they are predicting doom and gloom and an astronomical increase in cases in the next few weeks, and are using that to keep us locked down.

We have 6 color-coded 'stages' of re-opening and even the least restrictive, Green, still requires social distancing, masks in public, and limits on social gatherings etc.

Seems like there is no plan for an END to this, just maybe some meager relaxing of the bullshit rules.

There is guy Morgan Crosby who is in sales at Finch Chev. in London Ontario. He has videos on Youtube about the C8. He has one. In his videos I have never seen anybody with a mask on. He would be with his Corvette tech. and nobody is wearing a mask.:cert: