The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Finally got an Italian ride... (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119297)

RedLS1GTO 05-06-2019 7:15am

Finally got an Italian ride...

5 Attachment(s)
"Technically" it's for the business but I won't be heartbroken in this case if it doesn't sell for a while. This one will be my summer "bike night" ride...

2001 Ducati 748S. All original plastics. 1 owner, all records, etc. He rode it back and forth to work on nice days until he hurt himself and couldn't ride anymore. Marchesini wheels :cool:, Arrow 3/4 carbon exhaust, some other little nice add-ons. It's as close to perfect as I have ever seen a used bike... much less one that is 18 years old. Every OEM part came with it in boxes including the exhaust and mint condition OEM 5 spoke wheels that he replaced the day he bought it.

That Ducati sound with the Arrow... :eek: :coolest:

Black94lt1 05-06-2019 7:09pm

I know nothing about bikes, but that looks like a great bike

BADRACR1 05-06-2019 7:11pm

Nice lil' scooter!

JRD77VET 05-06-2019 7:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black94lt1 (Post 1669068)
I know nothing about bikes, but that looks like a great bike

I know bikes and that is one sweet machine :drool:

markids77 05-06-2019 7:28pm

Wow. The tank's not even whacked up where the guys keys would do a number on the paint! Odd that the passenger pegs are still attached with the monoposto seat cowl in place.

simpleman68 05-06-2019 8:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRD77VET (Post 1669071)
I know bikes and that is one sweet machine :drool:

:iagree: I don't know lots about bikes but I know about Ducs and that is a nice ride man! :cert:

Really clean and not dinged up for its age.

Scott

This one is 35 years old, all original, and almost as clean as a 2 year old, lightly ridden bike.

Snagged it from the original owner a few years back. 6900 orig miles.
Sure ain't no Duc though :cool:

https://i.imgur.com/pIdAfHf.jpg

LilRedCorvette 05-07-2019 2:27am

Nice to see a Duc that is a color other than red for a change! :yesnod:

Knew someone at one of the local cruise-ins that had a Panigale :drool: looked (and sounded) sweet. :seasix:

Enjoy! :cert:

RedLS1GTO 05-07-2019 7:10am

Quote:

Originally Posted by markids77 (Post 1669074)
Wow. The tank's not even whacked up where the guys keys would do a number on the paint! Odd that the passenger pegs are still attached with the monoposto seat cowl in place.

Damn good eye. He had a biposto tail section on it and the original mono sitting in bubble wrap. The day he bought it, he had the Duc dealer swap it out... along with the wheels and exhaust, stainless brake lines, and a few other things. When I say swap it out, I mean complete with tail light, wiring, etc... because why not. The first thing I did was put the mono tail back on it, I just haven't had a spare minute to pull the passenger pegs back off yet.

Gotta love the guy that goes and buys a new Ducati and spends another $5k+ on it before it ever leaves the dealer's floor.

Speaking of replacing the tail, that whole process takes a matter of seconds. I work on a lot of bikes and the way that they made these things is amazing compared to the Japanese sport bikes. They were made to be race bikes and they seemingly thought of just about everything. It is all Dzus fasteners on the fairings vs the usual plethora of screws that you will find on bikes. The entire tail section comes off with a pull pin. You can disassemble the entire body in about a minute. All of the wiring, fuel system, etc is all quick connect fittings.

Damn I love this thing. :cool:

C3C7NIC 05-07-2019 7:22am

Post up a video with audio of exhaust !!

Very nice bike!

RedLS1GTO 05-07-2019 7:26am

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3C7NIC (Post 1669128)
Post up a video with audio of exhaust !!

Very nice bike!

I will definitely make that happen. Great idea. :hurray:

On a side note, I'm already looking for a 996 to join it. Because why not. :rofl:

snide 05-07-2019 7:48am

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO (Post 1668981)
Finally got an Italian ride...

Meh. We've had an F-car for almost 3 years now. :rolleyes:

:cheers: