The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Here I go (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119927)

Loco Vette 08-01-2019 6:56pm

You got dis Pete!

Bill 08-01-2019 7:47pm

NEED-A-VETTE 08-01-2019 10:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin (Post 1679651)
I’m wasted like Heath Ledger at a Grateful Dead Concert.

Get well!! Speedy recovery. :angel:

SnikPlosskin 08-01-2019 11:03pm

Jebus Christmas I just saw the incision. It’s three inches long! I didn’t know my taint was three inches long. It literally goes from my nut sack to my bung hole. WTF

NEED-A-VETTE 08-01-2019 11:28pm

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin (Post 1679702)
Jebus Christmas I just saw the incision. It’s three inches long! I didn’t know my taint was three inches long. It literally goes from my nut sack to my bung hole. WTF

Attachment 29648

Attachment 29649

SnikPlosskin 08-02-2019 1:57pm

I’m home! I farted! No more IV drugs dang it.

Now I have to lie down for a week. With tube and pee bag. They used a silicone one this time. So far it doesn’t hurt much. But I’m still flying pretty high. We will see when the meds wear off.

Luckily I have my own private pharmacy as part of prepping. I’m hoping I won’t need the strong stuff but I will use it if I need to.

tjfontaine 08-02-2019 8:34pm

Keep us posted - following - hoping your recovery goes smoothly. You've suffered enough.

Loco Vette 08-02-2019 9:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin (Post 1679740)
I’m home! I farted! No more IV drugs dang it.

Now I have to lie down for a week. With tube and pee bag. They used a silicone one this time. So far it doesn’t hurt much. But I’m still flying pretty high. We will see when the meds wear off.

Luckily I have my own private pharmacy as part of prepping. I’m hoping I won’t need the strong stuff but I will use it if I need to.

Good on ya bud!

Black94lt1 08-02-2019 10:13pm

Glad you’re home, hopefully the healing goes well and the pain is minimal

VetteBoy1979 08-03-2019 6:08am

Praises you are home! Now, Snake, remember, wakey, wakey, hands off Snakey. 🤣🤣

Millenium Vette 08-03-2019 11:19am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin (Post 1679540)
Here I go........

Glad you are home and doing better.

Why, oh why, does Whitesnake keep playing in my head.......:leaving:

SnikPlosskin 08-03-2019 5:11pm

Well, day three of barbed wire up my dick. I’ve stayed in bed for two days (I don’t count the first since I was out cold in surgery most of the day.) I’m already going nuts.

Having some bladder spasms which are normal but a drag. Getting some pain from cath. Need to keep it clean and lubed or it tears up tissue. I’m going to stay in bed for one more day then start doing some things - work on paintings, Enterprise, album promo in Europe, maybe learn some guitar stuff.

Amazingly the incision doesn’t hurt. But I’m taking Toradol so that might be helping. I need to be careful not to take too much Xanax. I’m using it to make me sleep but don’t want to make my dependence any worse.

I’m sick as hell from Crohns. Another three weeks before treatment. Which will make me sick as hell.

I guess in three weeks they rip out the cath after filling the bladder with contrast dye. Then you pee it out on X-ray. Which is sort of neat if it wasn’t the most painful thing EVAR. Not only does it happen right after they pull the cath out (which I will have healed around) but the dye itself burns like crazy.

The blockage was small, luckily. They didn’t cut a section out. Instead they slit it lengthwise, then sewed the ends together making a “tent” shape - a much larger diameter than a butt joint. Unless something goes wrong I shouldn’t have any issues with this again.

Still need to find law talking guy.

MrPeabody 08-03-2019 5:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin (Post 1679864)
Well, day three of barbed wire up my dick. I’ve stayed in bed for two days (I don’t count the first since I was out cold in surgery most of the day.) I’m already going nuts.

Having some bladder spasms which are normal but a drag. Getting some pain from cath. Need to keep it clean and lubed or it tears up tissue. I’m going to stay in bed for one more day then start doing some things - work on paintings, Enterprise, album promo in Europe, maybe learn some guitar stuff.

Amazingly the incision doesn’t hurt. But I’m taking Toradol so that might be helping. I need to be careful not to take too much Xanax. I’m using it to make me sleep but don’t want to make my dependence any worse.

I’m sick as hell from Crohns. Another three weeks before treatment. Which will make me sick as hell.

I guess in three weeks they rip out the cath after filling the bladder with contrast dye. Then you pee it out on X-ray. Which is sort of neat if it wasn’t the most painful thing EVAR. Not only does it happen right after they pull the cath out (which I will have healed around) but the dye itself burns like crazy.

The blockage was small, luckily. They didn’t cut a section out. Instead they slit it lengthwise, then sewed the ends together making a “tent” shape - a much larger diameter than a butt joint. Unless something goes wrong I shouldn’t have any issues with this again.

Still need to find law talking guy.

Have you ever tried using Benadryl for a sleep aid? Works very well for me. It only lasts for four hours, no side effects at all.

SnikPlosskin 08-05-2019 9:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPeabody (Post 1679865)
Have you ever tried using Benadryl for a sleep aid? Works very well for me. It only lasts for four hours, no side effects at all.

Yes. For years. I’m way beyond that when it comes to non-sleeping. I’ve had two sleep studies both “inconclusive”. Apparently I almost wake up every 18 minutes or so. A few years ago I started Ambien. Then added Temazapam. Then seroquel. Sometimes I toss in an alprazolam just for fun to get that “handful of drugs” feeling.

Sometimes I still can’t sleep. It’s a Heath Ledger combo I know but I don’t drink (which would kill me certainly).

I recently reduced it to ambien plus serequel. It works. Benedryl is like a mosquito to an elephant for me.

SnikPlosskin 08-07-2019 12:21pm

Update. I’m anemic! Crohns is going nuts causing a lot of GI pain. Still no pain from incision.

It’s all about the tube at this point. I’m 1/3 of the way in and it’s starting to hurt like a mother. Two weeks to go.

It hurts where it exits the body because when it moves it is somewhat abrasive to the soft tissue there. Last time at this stage it was a bloody mess - not this time thankfully. The difference might be a silicone tube vs. the latex one they used last time.

I’m also more knowledgeable about dealing with it. This is the third time I’ve been forced to wear one and this time they gave me instructions. But I had to ask for them. They wanted me to sign a form saying they disclosed post care information but the most important part was missing.

But I can see that I have not reached the bottom yet. It’s going to get worse before it gets better. Going for iron infusions will create a lot of movement.

Then the finale. They apparently fill my bladder with contrast dye, rip out the cath and then you pee out the contrast dye with X-ray. Only one catch. The dye feels like Draino and thats on a healthy urethra. (Had that done pre-op. Ho Ree Fuk). Mine will be freaking out from the ripping out of the alien hydra, then immediately the Draino.

You can bet I’ll be higher than Jimi Hendrix on a date with Janice Joplin at Jerry Garcia’s birthday party going in. :dance:

Harsh bastards.

carlton_fritz 08-07-2019 6:24pm

:willy:

SnikPlosskin 08-07-2019 9:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlton_fritz (Post 1680259)
:willy:

IKR!

Loco Vette 08-08-2019 9:02am

Sorry for the setback, bud! Overall progress sounds good though!

Mike Mercury 08-08-2019 9:53am

Quote:

You can bet I’ll be higher than Jimi Hendrix on a date with Janice Joplin at Jerry Garcia’s birthday party
:thumbs:

jda67gta 08-08-2019 12:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin (Post 1680223)
You can bet I’ll be higher than Jimi Hendrix on a date with Janice Joplin at Jerry Garcia’s birthday party going in. :dance:

Goals.....:clap: