The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   C5 Open Discussion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   any problems with leaving vette shut down? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102975)

majorreno 11-14-2016 3:29pm

any problems with leaving vette shut down?

without a garage, covered vette during rainy season, and i worry about my car having not driven it in a couple of months....are there any problems i should be taking care of? it is full of gas, with clean oil in crankcase, and trying to think of anything i could be overlooking. i have not driven it since 8 aug and am waiting for a day without rain.:shots:

wwomanC6 11-15-2016 6:14am

Might have Battery issues when you try to start it. Tire pressure might be low with temp change.

Oh and open up everything and check for critters/rodents that may have taken up refuge in your car. They like to chew wires and make nest!

:squirrel:

Sneaks 11-16-2016 10:06am

Charge the battery fully before starting it. Pull the fuel rail covers off and look for any signs of rodent nests. Thats one of their favorite places.
Fire it up and let it run for ten minutes or so and check the brakes before heading out.
Other than that, no issues other than not driving it often enough. Get ou there and drive ti like you stole it!

Chuck A 11-16-2016 11:45am

rodents rodent rodents , they like cars that are not moving for a while, ask me how i know:issues:

majorreno 11-16-2016 4:27pm

parked corvette

hey thanks for the ideas, i just put a battery charger on it, and on trickle charge hopefully that will help on charging and as for the rodents, i think will pull the cover soon and get it started soon, just for the heck of it.:seasix:

majorreno 01-20-2017 6:49pm

leaving vette shut down

well i could not hold out any longer. i got a dry spot in the weather, and decided to unravel the car and take it to stanwood, about 10 miles away. after sitting in incessant rain, iced, snow and all kinds of other weather, it started right away, but there was copious amounts of water inside on all the glass. so now i have a dryer powder of some kind sitting on the floor mat on the passenger side. the cover looks awful with green goo all over it. so i guess i am going to have to get another cover, trying to decide on a temporary garage. the car is dirty as well, in fact it is filthy covered with dirt. oh well, the cost of ownership. :shots:

Sneaks 01-20-2017 9:19pm

The moisture is a result of the car not totally sealing. Always has been a problem with them until the C6 design where the window glass came up into the weather stripping. Moisture absorber while sitting under a cover is the way to go. :seasix: