The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   This is really where we're headed? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116358)

FasterTraffic 06-12-2018 1:43pm

This is really where we're headed?

Good thing he's CEO otherwise he might be fired for eating the wrong sandwich.

:slap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Business Insider
Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey forced to apologize for eating Chick-fil-A during Pride Month

Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey ignited a backlash online after revealing that he ate at Chick-fil-A this month.

On Saturday, Dorsey posted a photo on Twitter with the caption "Boost @ChickfilA," showing he had saved 10% on a $31.58 order at the fast-food chain.

Critics immediately seized on Dorsey's support of Chick-fil-A, whose CEO has come under fire for his views on same-sex marriage, during Pride Month.

"You must love the taste of bigotry!" one person wrote in response.

"Why is Twitter boosting a notoriously anti-gay company during #PrideMonth?" another person wrote.

Among the critics was the former CNN anchor Soledad O'Brien, who said, "This is an interesting company to boost during Pride month, @jack."

Dorsey responded: "You're right. Completely forgot about their background."

Some people supported Dorsey's decision to eat at Chick-fil-A, saying that it's "great" and that he shouldn't have to apologize for eating a chicken sandwich.

One person tweeted: "Don't give in to these people and their complaints. I'm gay and I LOVE ChickfilA. Ridiculous. Go on and eat that ChickfilA and post as much as you want about it!"

The backlash shows Chick-fil-A still has lingering problems with its brand image following remarks six years ago by the company's CEO, Dan Cathy, regarding his views on same-sex marriage.

Cathy set off a fury among gay-rights supporters in 2012 that led to nationwide protests after he told the Baptist Press that the company was "guilty as charged" for backing "the biblical definition of the family unit."

Reports soon emerged detailing Chick-fil-A's many charitable donations to anti-LGBTQ organizations.

For months afterward, protesters rallied outside Chick-fil-A restaurants across the country and held "kiss-ins," where same-sex couples kissed in front of onlookers and TV cameras covering the backlash.

Since then, Chick-fil-A has worked to shed its controversial image, and over time, protests against the chain have largely dissipated.

Given the backlash against Dorsey's Chick-fil-A meal, however, it seems the fast-food chain still has some work to do to move past Cathy's comments.

http://www.businessinsider.com/twitt...e-month-2018-6

Mike Mercury 06-12-2018 1:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by from article
Given the backlash against Dorsey's Chick-fil-A meal, however, it seems the fast-food chain still has some work to do to move past Cathy's comments.

CNN, MSNBC ???

snide 06-12-2018 1:50pm

Jeezus. Don't these idiots have anything better to do?

BTW, I'm not gay, and I've never eaten at Chick Fil A.

DAB 06-12-2018 1:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1631798)

some will tell you that if you are gay, and you do eat at Chick-fil-A, you'll explode at your first bite.

snide 06-12-2018 1:53pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1631800)
some will tell you that if you are gay, and you do eat at Chick-fil-A, you'll explode at your first bite.

I'll never know.

VITE1 06-12-2018 2:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury (Post 1631793)
CNN, MSNBC ???

:iagree:

ZipZap 06-12-2018 2:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1631802)
I'll never know.

Only because you'll never eat at Chic-fil-A?:leaving:

Rob 06-12-2018 2:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZipZap (Post 1631808)

because he's still a closet gay

FasterTraffic 06-12-2018 2:12pm

I can see why people see Chick-Fil-A as such a destructive entity with all the hate they spread.

:slap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Business Insider
It is a well-established fact that Chick-fil-A refuses to open on Sunday.

It's a tradition that has been in place since the company's foundational years. The company attributes the rule to Truett Cathy on its website: "Having worked seven days a week in restaurants open 24 hours, Truett saw the importance of closing on Sundays so that he and his employees could set aside one day to rest and worship if they choose — a practice we uphold today."

However, in very specific situations, Chick-fil-A employees will spring into action on Sunday.

When the world's busiest airport closed for hours without power on Sunday, stranding thousands of passengers, Chick-fil-A employees made thousands of sandwiches for people stuck in Atlanta.

"While Chick-fil-A is always closed on Sunday, our restaurants open occasionally to serve communities in need," spokesperson Amanda Hannah said in an email to Business Insider.

This isn't the first time that Chick-fil-A has opened on a Sunday.

In 2016, following the Pulse nightclub shooting in Orlando, Florida, local Chick-fil-A locations broke tradition to open on a Sunday. Employees worked to prepare food for first responders and people donating blood following the shooting at the gay nightclub, which killed 49 people.

In 2015, Chick-fil-A locations in Texas prepared free food for responders and others impacted by tornadoes that ripped through the state, killing 11 people.

According to Hannah, when Chick-fil-A opens on Sunday, the company does not make a profit. Instead, she said, it attempts to "do what we can to offer comfort to people experiencing hardship."

http://www.businessinsider.com/chick...encies-2017-12

snide 06-12-2018 2:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixievet (Post 1631809)

:kick:

Rob 06-12-2018 2:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1631814)
:kick:

:dixie:
:afrocool::afrocool:

VITE1 06-12-2018 2:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZipZap (Post 1631808)

I think he prefers wieners from Sonic. They drive right up to the car and stick it through the window.

Mike Mercury 06-12-2018 2:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1631800)

hmmm...
I'm gonna mail-out coupons to a select group of people over the next few daze.

MrPeabody 06-12-2018 2:36pm

There's an independent sandwich shop where I live called Jimmy's. They are extremely successful and always have been. Excellent food and people are lined up outside the door every day. They are closed on weekends. Imagine working in the food industry and having weekends off. Very little turnover there.

MrPeabody 06-12-2018 2:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1631798)

I've never even seen one.

86RAG 06-12-2018 4:17pm

Chick-fil-A is OK, but I actually prefer KFC for fast food chicken :yesnod:

Millenium Vette 06-12-2018 7:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixievet (Post 1631809)

then it must chap your ass that he's no longer local

:leaving:

Datawiz 06-12-2018 7:52pm

Dixie trolling Snide's closet homosexuality is priceless. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

FasterTraffic 06-12-2018 8:04pm

Taking the family to Chick-Fil-A for dinner. :patriot:

Datawiz 06-12-2018 8:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by FasterTraffic (Post 1631867)
Taking the family to Chick-Fil-A for dinner. :patriot:

Don't forget to get the free sausage. :seasix: