The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   MTV Music Video Awards..... (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120114)

04 commemorative 08-26-2019 5:19pm

MTV Music Video Awards.....

Anyone going to watch them tonight ?

I actually won one for the Best Rap Video of The Year for a music video I edited years ago......but all of my awards are in the dump now......that was then.....not now :rolleyes:

Bill 08-26-2019 5:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04 commemorative (Post 1681817)

I actually won one for the Best Rap Video of The Year for a music video I edited years ago......but all of my awards are in the dump now......that was then.....not now :rolleyes:

I don't think you can make a post like that and NOT post the video you participated in making. Just sayin'.

:toetap:

Bill 08-26-2019 5:36pm

Maybe it was one of these?

04 commemorative 08-26-2019 6:04pm

it was "People Everyday" by Arrested Development I was the editor.

99 pewtercoupe 08-26-2019 6:13pm

They still play music videos on MTV?
Stopped watching it many years ago when it became all about the non music shows and what music they did have was total crap

Rodnok1 08-26-2019 6:25pm

That's cool you won an award. I haven't watched since the mid 90s at the latest myself so mark me down for a no.

snide 08-26-2019 6:33pm

I don't watch awards shows, because I don't really give a shit.

:cheers:

Bill 08-26-2019 6:47pm

Black94lt1 08-26-2019 7:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04 commemorative (Post 1681827)

Very cool!

BADRACR1 08-26-2019 8:01pm

Uh, no.

simpleman68 08-26-2019 8:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04 commemorative (Post 1681827)

:cool:

What did you edit on? Media 100, After Effects?

My Step Dad ran an editing studio in Fairfield, NJ that HBO, NBC et al used to rent out when there was an overflow of work.
I used to help create graphics used for some of the smaller projects.

Back then (mid to late 90s) we were running G4s and some middle of the road clips that were 30 seconds long would take 6+ hours to render.

Worst part was coming back the next morning to find out one small piece was corrupt or incorrect and having to start all over again. :issues:
Scott

04 commemorative 08-26-2019 9:42pm

I started editing film...35mm & 16mm ....then made the horrible move to video (hated editing on video) then Avid which was non linear like film but much quicker and your hands stayed clean lol (those who have edited film know what I mean by that) I edited this on the Avid and when they transferred the 35mm footage to tape to input on the drives..... they didn't transfer the playback track.....so I had to edit the entire song lip reading.....
and thanks Bill but that's why I didn't post a link to the video....for some reason it never plays to the end.

But I found this and it seems to play the whole video
....https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x30dx9i

The Studio on Route 46 east ? They did a ton of wedding videos too right ?

simpleman68 08-27-2019 8:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04 commemorative (Post 1681875)
I started editing film...35mm & 16mm ....then made the horrible move to video (hated editing on video) then Avid which was non linear like film but much quicker and your hands stayed clean lol (those who have edited film know what I mean by that) I edited this on the Avid and when they transferred the 35mm footage to tape to input on the drives..... they didn't transfer the playback track.....so I had to edit the entire song lip reading.....
and thanks Bill but that's why I didn't post a link to the video....for some reason it never plays to the end.

But I found this and it seems to play the whole video
....https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x30dx9i

The Studio on Route 46 east ? They did a ton of wedding videos too right ?

Synching audio is not easy particularly when you have a lot of different jump cuts. Well done John!

Seemed like most folks used Avid but I learned with Media 100. Pretty amazing tech for 25 years ago.

The studio was called Image Plant and it was on 46 East about 2 miles from Willowbrook Mall and next to the old Sylvan Pool building IIRC.

We didn't do wedding or the standard vid stuff. Boss had a long term contract to handle all media for Johnson & Johnson but because of that got some great gigs.
We did commercials for big department stores and did some rock vids but all off MTV stuff.

I used to pick up the "talent" in a rented limo. Amazing how plain and unattractive the girls were without makeup. And they were some of the saddest, most shallow folks I've ever been around.

I do remember walking in on one of the ladies after she told me to get her water.
I didn't recognize her with all the makeup on.

Of course I hardly saw her face since she was all decked out in some really skimpy black lace lingerie. Yowsa....
She saw my expression and just chuckled at me. :lol:
Scott

stingraymyway 08-30-2019 7:42am

MTV once had music. Now it's an oxymoron.

snide 08-30-2019 8:15am

Quote:

Originally Posted by stingraymyway (Post 1682218)
MTV once had music. Now it's an oxymoron.

MTV used to mean Music Television. Now it means Moron Television. :yesnod:

Barn Babe 08-30-2019 3:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04 commemorative (Post 1681817)

That's pretty cool! I've kept every trophy I've ever won, they bring back such fun memories. I would have kept it...

04 commemorative 08-31-2019 8:42am

We really just don't have the room for all the crap we collected over 46 years of marriage so it was time to purge.....I understand what you are saying but times change and we did what we needed to do.
A director friend of mine told me to put them on Ebay because people would buy them and have their names put on them :lol:....I believe him too !

DAB 08-31-2019 10:19am

i won husband of the week this week at our house. :slap: :leaving: :dance:

04 commemorative 08-31-2019 10:22am

:seasix:

snide 08-31-2019 1:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1682311)
i won husband of the week this week at our house. :slap: :leaving: :dance:

Can't beleive you beat me out again. :banghead: