The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Politics & Religion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Trump booted off Colorado ballot (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135429)

KenHorse 12-19-2023 6:28pm

Trump booted off Colorado ballot

More proof that Commucrats need to be utterly and completely destroyed

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...-23/index.html

Quote:

Court issues several key findings in its sweeping decision to remove Trump from Colorado ballot

From CNN's Marshall Cohen

The Colorado Supreme Court ruled to remove former President Donald Trump from the state’s 2024 ballot, ruling that he isn’t an eligible presidential candidate because of the 14th Amendment’s “insurrectionist ban.”

“Because he is disqualified, it would be wrongful act under the Election Code for the Colorado Secretary of State to list him as a candidate on the presidential primary ballot,” the court said.

Here are several of the key findings the court issued in its decision:

Colorado state law allows voters to challenge Trump’s eligibility under the federal constitution’s “insurrectionist ban.”
Colorado courts can enforce the ban without any action from Congress.
The insurrectionist ban applies to the presidency.
The January 6, 2021, attack on the US Capitol was an insurrection.
Trump “engaged in” the insurrection.
Trump’s speech “inciting the crowd” on January 6 was “not protected by the First Amendment.”

Trump denies wrongdoing regarding January 6 and has decried the 14th Amendment lawsuits as an abuse of the legal process. He is under federal and state indictment in connection with his attempts to overturn the 2020 election and he has pleaded not guilty.

Bill 12-19-2023 6:42pm

Will the SCOTUS hear the appeal on this?

KenHorse 12-19-2023 7:01pm

Count on it. This ruling is flawed in so many ways

Taurus 12-19-2023 7:45pm

Not a Trump fan, I know big surprise, but no one should be held off the ballot. The people get to decide, not the courts.

JRD77VET 12-19-2023 8:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taurus (Post 2188008)
Not a Trump fan, I know big surprise, but no one should be held off the ballot. The people get to decide, not the courts.

:iagree: ( although I am a Trump fan )

BIG overstep on the CO supreme court.

Plus he has NOT be found guilty of insurrection. ( he actually said "go peacefully" )

What are they going to do when he's found innocent at his bullshit jan 6 trial? Say" oops, my bad" ?

KenHorse 12-19-2023 9:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRD77VET (Post 2188037)
:iagree: ( although I am a Trump fan )

BIG overstep on the CO supreme court.

Plus he has NOT be found guilty of insurrection. ( he actually said "go peacefully" )

What are they going to do when he's found innocent at his bullshit jan 6 trial? Say" oops, my bad" ?

Commucrats are the scum of the Universe, hands down.

They will twist any statute, invent any evidence, do anything they have to do in order to maintain and grab more power

slewfoot 12-19-2023 10:53pm

On a guess, SCOTUS could repeat what they did with Roe/Wade and leave it up to the individual states.

Taurus 12-19-2023 11:00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by slewfoot (Post 2188098)
On a guess, SCOTUS could repeat what they did with Roe/Wade and leave it up to the individual states.

I don't think so, this is a basic of how our democracy works as outlined by our founding fathers and supported by all generations since. To me this is a non-negotiable.

Vette40th 12-19-2023 11:48pm

CSC is holding off as it is already in appeal status , at least it is to be filed.
And as far as integrity:
@VivekGRamaswamy
“I pledge to withdraw from the Colorado GOP primary ballot until Trump is also allowed to be on the ballot, and I demand that Ron DeSantis, Chris Christie, and Nikki Haley to do the same immediately - or else they are tacitly endorsing this illegal maneuver which will have disastrous consequences for our country.”

Bill 12-20-2023 12:29am

https://media.scored.co/post/3kwcPfplMfkx.jpeg

LATB 12-20-2023 7:59am

Democrats are disgusting and corrupt pieces of garbage.

Vandelay Industries 12-20-2023 9:13am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taurus (Post 2188008)

So you only approve of certain courts interfering in the election. Got it.

DJ_Critterus 12-20-2023 9:52am

how is this even legal when there is no state or federal conviction?

Try this with a piece of shit demofelon and they'd be rioting again.

Aerovette 12-20-2023 10:28am

How awesome that we are now being told who we cannot vote for. So very different from a communist regime. (eyeroll)

Ronins2ndCuzzin 12-20-2023 11:03am

SCOTUS will overturn it. That's why the CSC immediately stayed the appeal. They know their decision has numbered days before it gets schwacked.

Taurus 12-20-2023 11:06am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vandelay Industries (Post 2188146)
So you only approve of certain courts interfering in the election. Got it.

Criminal courts can't keep him from running no matter the outcome. I'm not one who believes this is all a witch hunt, that doesn't matter. Even if found guilty 91 times people should still have the choice.

slewfoot 12-20-2023 11:07am

The Republican Party was formed just prior to the Civil War and the 14th Amendment was written and passed just after the war by a Republican Controlled Politicians in Washington.

So,

Soon after losing the Civil War in 1865, states that had been part of the Confederacy began to send "unrepentant" former Confederates to Washington as senators and representatives. Congress refused to seat them and drafted Section 3 to perpetuate, as a constitutional imperative, that any who violate their oath to the Constitution are to be barred from public office.

Adding to it, Section 3 disqualifies from federal or state office anyone who, having taken an oath as a public official to support the Constitution, subsequently has "engaged in insurrection or rebellion" against the United States or given "aid and comfort" to its enemies. Southerners strongly opposed it, arguing it would hurt reunification of the country.

As much as I would like to give Colorado a :seasix::seasix:, I do feel some form of a conviction is in order to keep Trumps Dictating Sorry (TDS) :D ass off the ballot. Thing is, if it does not fly, the court of public opinion will prevail.

If he loses the election, it should be because he is not wanted, not eligible.

Vandelay Industries 12-20-2023 11:12am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taurus (Post 2188195)
Criminal courts can't keep him from running no matter the outcome. I'm not one who believes this is all a witch hunt, that doesn't matter. Even if found guilty 91 times people should still have the choice.

OK :Jeff '79:

Aerovette 12-20-2023 11:15am

Quote:

Originally Posted by slewfoot (Post 2188196)
The Republican Party was formed just prior to the Civil War and the 14th Amendment was written and passed just after the war by a Republican Controlled Politicians in Washington.

So,

Soon after losing the Civil War in 1865, states that had been part of the Confederacy began to send "unrepentant" former Confederates to Washington as senators and representatives. Congress refused to seat them and drafted Section 3 to perpetuate, as a constitutional imperative, that any who violate their oath to the Constitution are to be barred from public office.

Adding to it, Section 3 disqualifies from federal or state office anyone who, having taken an oath as a public official to support the Constitution, subsequently has "engaged in insurrection or rebellion" against the United States or given "aid and comfort" to its enemies. Southerners strongly opposed it, arguing it would hurt reunification of the country.

As much as I would like to give Colorado a :seasix::seasix:, I do feel some form of a conviction is in order to keep Trumps Dictating Sorry (TDS) :D ass off the ballot. Thing is, if it does not fly, the court of public opinion will prevail.

This also should have been allowed. The idea is "representation" in DC and they represented their constituents. That's how it is supposed to work.

LATB 12-20-2023 11:21am

Quote:

Originally Posted by slewfoot (Post 2188196)

So,

You are an ignorant God Dammed fool.