The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Bone broth??? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123281)

C3C7NIC 08-04-2020 5:19pm

Bone broth???

Anyone tried it for health benefits?

:popcorns::popcorns:

z06psi 08-04-2020 5:28pm

Is that like a jizz bomb?

Steve_R 08-04-2020 6:09pm

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by z06psi (Post 1792637)

Millenium Vette 08-04-2020 6:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06psi (Post 1792637)

We're not sure. Tell us what a jizz bomb tastes like and maybe we can give you an answer.

Bill 08-04-2020 6:41pm

https://imgix.bustle.com/inverse/f8/...max&crop=faces

If you don't take it, I think it turns the frogs gay, or something.

Little Red L98. 08-04-2020 6:41pm

It’s all poppycock, which has nothing to do with jizz bombs or anything else phallic.

https://www.motherjones.com/environm...ut-bone-broth/

99 pewtercoupe 08-04-2020 6:57pm

Don’t know about bone broth but bone marrow (beef) is pretty damn tasty!

MrPeabody 08-04-2020 7:40pm

We always boil our chicken and turkey carcasses with a few vegetables to make broth. Not for health reasons, but because it makes much better broth for soups than the boxed stuff at the store. We just freeze it and whenever we make soup we use it.

If you want some really serious broth, try ox tail.:yesnod:

04 commemorative 08-04-2020 7:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99 pewtercoupe (Post 1792659)
Don’t know about bone broth but bone marrow (beef) is pretty damn tasty!

:iagree:

Little Red L98. 08-04-2020 8:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPeabody (Post 1792669)
We always boil our chicken and turkey carcasses with a few vegetables to make broth. Not for health reasons, but because it makes much better broth for soups than the boxed stuff at the store. We just freeze it and whenever we make soup we use it.

If you want some really serious broth, try ox tail.:yesnod:

We always buy bone in ham and save that too. No spiral sliced crap that dries out. Save the bone for bean soup. Smoked turkey carcasses make a killer stock.

MrPeabody 08-04-2020 8:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Red L98. (Post 1792674)
We always buy bone in ham and save that too. No spiral sliced crap that dries out. Save the bone for bean soup. Smoked turkey carcasses make a killer stock.

Yeah, my wife uses it for beans. Also good to throw the ham hock in some sauerkraut.:yesnod:

C3C7NIC 08-04-2020 8:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Red L98. (Post 1792655)
It’s all poppycock, which has nothing to do with jizz bombs or anything else phallic.

https://www.motherjones.com/environm...ut-bone-broth/

Yea, I researched the “science” behind it.

My granola massage therapist recommended it. At this point, with my back pain, I am grasping for straws. Figure what would it hurt.

Little Red L98. 08-04-2020 8:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3C7NIC (Post 1792681)

My granola massage therapist recommended it. At this point, with my back pain, I am grasping for straws. Figure what would it hurt.

Won’t hurt a thing. It is soothing and tasty so there’s that. Good luck. :)

Bill 08-04-2020 9:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3C7NIC (Post 1792681)

Have you tried Qi Gong? You probably have some stagnant chi. Energy channels get blocked...it causes problems. I know it sounds like voodoo, but it works. I used to have horrible allergy problems. Now, not really, and I live with a cat, and cats used to make me sneeze like crazy.

Little Red L98. 08-04-2020 9:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1792695)
Have you tried Qi Gong? You probably have some stagnant chi. Energy channels get blocked...it causes problems. I know it sounds like voodoo, but it works. I used to have horrible allergy problems. Now, not really, and I live with a cat, and cats used to make me sneeze like crazy.

She could always try reiki too. What would it hurt?

C3C7NIC 08-05-2020 8:38am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Red L98. (Post 1792696)
She could always try reiki too. What would it hurt?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1792695)

I'm not against trying anything. Doing everything to avoid narcotics and SURGERY.

Had an intense 2 hour session with a highly recommended DC yesterday. He was AMAZING. Have been to maybe 5 in my life, this guy was great.

Got a tens treatment, Gua Sha (scraing), electronic impulse adjustment and very gentle adjustment.

He also gave me very structured exercises to do, that I have never been advised to do before and actually told me to stop doing some of the yoga moves I have been doing as he said it could create MORE spinal instability.

He recommended we try B12/dextrose/onone (prolozone) injections into my spine. From what I have read, it triggers an inflammatory response and subsequent stem cells/mast cells to come that area and induce regeneration of healthy tissue.

Will try this before letting my spine MD do an actual auto bone marrow transplant on me. :thomas:

BTW: the bone broth looks disgusting. I let it cook for about 18 hours. :puke: Just strained it off this am. It may end up as dog food.

Bill 08-05-2020 8:52am

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3C7NIC (Post 1792747)
I'm not against trying anything. Doing everything to avoid narcotics and SURGERY.

Had an intense 2 hour session with a highly recommended DC yesterday. He was AMAZING. Have been to maybe 5 in my life, this guy was great.

Got a tens treatment, Gua Sha (scraing), electronic impulse adjustment and very gentle adjustment.

He also gave me very structured exercises to do, that I have never been advised to do before and actually told me to stop doing some of the yoga moves I have been doing as he said it could create MORE spinal instability.

He recommended we try B12/dextrose/onone (prolozone) injections into my spine. From what I have read, it triggers an inflammatory response and subsequent stem cells/mast cells to come that area and induce regeneration of healthy tissue.

Will try this before letting my spine MD do an actual auto bone marrow transplant on me. :thomas:

BTW: the bone broth looks disgusting. I let it cook for about 18 hours. :puke: Just strained it off this am. It may end up as dog food.

You can buy tens units OTC Seems like I remember one being sold by informercial years back. Dr. Ho? Something like that? They do help, especially with a pulled muscle, knots, stuff like that.

z06psi 08-05-2020 8:52am

Quote:

I'm not against trying anything.

:yesnod::yesnod::yesnod:

We know or at least I do. :D

Little Red L98. 08-05-2020 9:05am

Quote:

Not sure what all you cooked but it sounds like you have a nice concentrate. Save it and use a little to add flavor to appropriate dishes or add water for a basic soup stock. It should freeze well. Consider straining it one more time through cheesecloth.

I hope you find something that works for your back. :angel: