The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Fukos, damn Ford..... (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117269)

mrvette 09-15-2018 10:24am

Fukos, damn Ford.....

01 POS, believe it or not, the center bolt of the a/c comp clutch came out and let the clutch place on the splined comp shaft slide off .....when wife turned left in traffic....so the comp had freon but no drive....tried for a day or more to get a junkyard clutch plate to fit....no go.... ordered a new compressor from Rock Auto, came in last Thursday, in the car Friday AM, charged it up, and it's leaking freon, and of course my detector don't work, needs a sensor element....and the stupid green die for leak detection not showing anything, a/c will work, but has a significant leak.....

any ideas?? no one open to do a leak test, no tools to rent, rental shops closed.....tried parts houses...no go.....so anyone with any experience on these lemme know....

:sadangel::shots::issues:

m and t's77 09-15-2018 11:11am

Install new "o"-rings on hoses that connect to compressor?Lube said "o"rings with proper oil so they slide on and not tear? Draw a vacuum on system because r-134 is really fussy with air in system more so then r-12?

mrvette 09-15-2018 4:46pm

Yup, did all that....PIA.....going for another test drive in another hour or so, see WTF happens, then if ok, maybe I beat the bitch....final tests over the next few daze.....:sadangel::shots:

markids77 09-15-2018 7:14pm

It's still cheaper than replacing the car. Quitcherbitchin! :D
Just kidding of course! Hope you get it sorted out.

mrvette 09-18-2018 10:19am

New comp is in, and the system leaked a bit, maybe as much as a can per month, but NO, the entire system leaks down a whole charge in 24 hours now....got a Good enough leak detector from Ammozone in ONE DAY!!! that warehouse in Jax must be open now.....ordered on Sunday, delivered MONDAY, and used it this AM.....damn hoses, think the green dye would show?? **** NO!!!! but the sniffer gave it up with just 5 lbs of pressure in the system....sniff, sniff, sniff.....so to get hoses this PM and hopefully put a rest to this GOD DAMN PIECE OF SHIT FUKOS!!!!

I want to drive it into the ocean just to watch it corrode to nothing.....over time.....:issues::issues::issues::issues::issues::shots::shots:

mrvette 09-20-2018 7:47pm

Ordered sniffer sunday, came in Monday...Ammozone....20 bux, found the leak, hoses off comp....new hoses force a replace of the dryer due to different size....so 45 bux for the hose set, another 50 for the damn dryer....

so far it's chilly air for melting wife.....:dance::issues:

simpleman68 09-20-2018 7:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1643663)
Ordered sniffer sunday, came in Monday...Ammozone....20 bux, found the leak, hoses off comp....new hoses force a replace of the dryer due to different size....so 45 bux for the hose set, another 50 for the damn dryer....

so far it's chilly air for melting wife.....:dance::issues:

Nice to hear it was just a hose and not a Swiss cheese condenser.

Hoping it holds for you. :cert:

Jeff '79 09-20-2018 7:51pm

You lost me at the total cost of the fix.
Recap and itemize please.

mrvette 09-20-2018 7:56pm

ten cans of Freon 40 bux......95 bux in hoses/dryer, .....130 bux for comp,....and a 55 buck junkyard credit for the shitty comp they sold me....

:sadangel::sadangel::shots: all for a damn car we want to ditch in another 6 months or so.....

:issues: much less the 10 daze of aggravation, I'm too damn old for this shit.....:kick::leaving:

Jeff '79 09-20-2018 9:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1643672)
ten cans of Freon 40 bux......95 bux in hoses/dryer, .....130 bux for comp,....and a 55 buck junkyard credit for the shitty comp they sold me....

:sadangel::sadangel::shots: all for a damn car we want to ditch in another 6 months or so.....

:issues: much less the 10 daze of aggravation, I'm too damn old for this shit.....:kick::leaving:

$350.00 ?

Hell ! You saved a good $100.00 by not taking to a shop. :seasix:

mrvette 09-21-2018 4:39am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff '79 (Post 1643703)
$350.00 ?

Hell ! You saved a good $100.00 by not taking to a shop. :seasix:

NOT HERE man, over a K buck for sure....

:dance: