The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Always some dumb*ss out there to ruin it for everyone. (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128821)

Loco Vette 06-21-2022 3:02pm

Always some dumb*ss out there to ruin it for everyone.

One of my favorite Jeeping trails is being shut down because a moron had to be a moron, and apparently is suing NS for not preventing him from being a moron.

Longish vid without flying truck, but still kinda cool. Still makes me mad though.

Bill 06-21-2022 3:43pm

Why wouldn't they just put it in neutral and let it roll backwards down the slope? He wasn't stuck on the rail. Insurance job, maybe? If he had a stated value policy on the truck, wrecking it might pay off much better than actually trying to sell the truck outright.

Stevedore 06-21-2022 3:46pm

And the moron is suing the railroad? He should be laughed out of court. The railroad should sue him for the paint scratches on their locomotive.

Loco Vette 06-21-2022 3:51pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1964880)
Why wouldn't they just put it in neutral and let it roll backwards down the slope? He wasn't stuck on the rail. Insurance job, maybe? If he had a stated value policy on the truck, wrecking it might pay off much better than actually trying to sell the truck outright.

Many, many people have asked that.

Bill 06-21-2022 4:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevedore (Post 1964881)
And the moron is suing the railroad? He should be laughed out of court. The railroad should sue him for the paint scratches on their locomotive.

The damages to the RR were much, much more than paint scrapes. Imagine the amount of payroll that was spent paying those train employees, and the investigators and managers of the RR to deal with the truck driver's failure to yield right of way. Then there's the possibility of cascading costs. Whoever was to receive and offload the shipment had laborers standing around waiting for a train that was obviously significantly delayed. That company also has damages, and if anything on the train was time sensitive, guaranteed by the shipper, and turned out to be late, there might be liquidated damages owed there, too.

If the truck owner actually did sue, the RR should countersue and just go for it.....request compensation for ALL their damages, not just the paint scratches.

Steve_R 06-21-2022 5:06pm

I’ve watched too many 4x4 trails get closed in CO and UT because dumbass people can’t stay on the trail, leave trash behind, etc. Pisses me off. :cuss:

ToolMaker 06-22-2022 5:14am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_R (Post 1964891)
I’ve watched too many 4x4 trails get closed in CO and UT because dumbass people can’t stay on the trail, leave trash behind, etc. Pisses me off. :cuss:

The Feds came within a CH of closing the Mt Washington Auto Road, because of dickheads!

slewfoot 06-22-2022 8:07am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToolMaker (Post 1964938)
The Feds came within a CH of closing the Mt Washington Auto Road, because of dickheads!

I drove that once back in High School. I think CH is a local term. Never heard it used in measurement anywhere else. :D

sublime1996525 06-22-2022 8:18am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_R (Post 1964891)

Yep. There are a ton of trails closed regularly because of stupid people. And now with the popularity of SXS's, it seems to be getting much worse.

VITE1 06-22-2022 8:45am

Stupid and ignorant people have been ruling sensible peoples lives for millennium's.

At least now we have videos of them so we can laugh.

ToolMaker 06-22-2022 8:59am

Quote:

Originally Posted by slewfoot (Post 1964975)
I drove that once back in High School. I think CH is a local term. Never heard it used in measurement anywhere else. :D

There must have been a lot of curly haired people in the old days! :lol:

VITE1 06-22-2022 11:28am

Quote:

Originally Posted by slewfoot (Post 1964975)

It's a term I hear a great deal on the golf course. "I missed that putt by a CH".

snide 06-22-2022 11:47am

Grew up with that term. :yesnod:

Louie Detroit 06-22-2022 6:15pm

Red CH, they’re the finest.

MadInNc 06-22-2022 6:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louie Detroit (Post 1965150)
Red CH, they’re the finest.

Yep. Fine measurement gauge.

slewfoot 06-22-2022 6:25pm

Brings back memories. Also Military slang for the Garrison Hat, C-Cap. and C-head. :rofl:

https://i.imgur.com/aYyOp0l.jpg

SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84 06-22-2022 6:43pm

I remember C-Caps very well!!!:seasix:

Grey Ghost 06-22-2022 9:08pm

Scamming the RR CO. sounds like for big $$$

I once worked with a woman that her husb. had been killed yrs., before getting hit by a train. Something about his truck stalling on the crossing. He was standing there or foot trapped in the rails or something. Wasn't much left of him to pickup. She went on to say his med's had been changed, anti-depressants and other mood altering drugs is what it sounded like...along with suicide by train, but was ruled accidental.

Torqaholic 06-23-2022 4:28am

Makes no sense to punish innocent people until you realize even Hitler used justifications for doing it. Then it makes all the sense in the world.

Here's another example - Just read that swimming has been banned in Lake Michigan at Grand Haven State Park because someone struggled in the water and almost drowned :rofl: