The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Breaking: CDC says no masks needed (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125763)

Aerovette 05-13-2021 2:18pm

Breaking: CDC says no masks needed

...anywhere at any time for those that are vaccinated.

Rumor is the airlines will accept an antibody test OR vaccine proof.

I'm still looking for details.

Aerovette 05-13-2021 2:27pm

NBC News – The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention [CDC] announced that individuals who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 no longer need to wear masks or socially distance inside or outside in most situations.

The update comes more than a year after the CDC issued guidelines recommending that Americans wear a mask to protect against the virus.

A person is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after the last dose is administered. That gives the immune system enough time to create antibodies to combat the virus. So far, more than 35% of the United States has been fully vaccinated, according to CDC data.

There are a few exceptions to the new guidelines. People with compromised immune systems should talk to their doctors about protective measures. Fully vaccinated people may also still be asked to wear masks in hospitals or other healthcare settings.

The CDC said unvaccinated people should still wear masks.

While the vaccines work well, a small percentage of fully vaccinated people in the U.S. have still tested positive for COVID-19. Those cases are generally mild.

Why? If everyone without a mask is vaccinated, and my mask is for THEIR protection, why does it matter?

Jeff '79 05-13-2021 2:28pm

Thank GOD !!!! I fk'n hate wearing those damned things.:hurray::hurray::hurray:

Giraffe (He/Him) 05-13-2021 2:38pm

**** the CDC and **** Fauchi. In that order.

Aerovette 05-13-2021 2:43pm

I would assume that I do not have to disclose my medical status unwillingly and therefore do not have to prove I have been vaccinated.

It should be assumed that if I am not wearing a mask, that I have been vaccinated or I identify as vaccinated.

bsmith 05-13-2021 2:55pm

They could have done this long ago...but they think doing this is going to make the people that are resistant to getting the vaccine go ahead and do it.

More manipulation.

mrvette 05-13-2021 3:01pm

HAAAAAAAAAAAA, CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

as I wear my Coffee filter........

:lol:

04 commemorative 05-13-2021 4:21pm

1 Attachment(s)
When our flag has a swastika on it .....maybe then I'll show papers .....maybe:balls:

MikeB 05-13-2021 5:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giraffe (Post 1881020)

Hard pass, but be my guest.

Little Red L98. 05-13-2021 5:42pm

Hey, good news! Let’s all get pissed! :issues:

:leaving:

Lakeside49 05-13-2021 6:33pm

Purely a math exercise. The latest Harris poll indicated that only 4% of Dems say they have no intention of being vaccinated. 27% of Republicans say ‘NFW’. A business case motive. They are simply hopeful for attrition.
Jus’ sayin’

zeek 05-13-2021 6:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff '79 (Post 1881018)
Thank GOD !!!! I fk'n hate wearing those damned things.:hurray::hurray::hurray:

Why were you wearing one in the first place? Oh wait....I guess by your response you must have also gotten your "flu shot"....you're one of the sheeple.....:yesnod:

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1881016)
...anywhere at any time for those that are vaccinated.

Rumor is the airlines will accept an antibody test OR vaccine proof.

I'm still looking for details.

Not true....even with the "vaccine/flu shot" it is still recommended you wear your mask in crowds....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giraffe (Post 1881020)

:seasix:

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1881021)
I would assume that I do not have to disclose my medical status unwillingly and therefore do not have to prove I have been vaccinated.

It should be assumed that if I am not wearing a mask, that I have been vaccinated or I identify as vaccinated.

I assume you see the writing on the wall....you will have to show your papers if you want to travel, fly, or take a cruise....etc...etc...etc...:(

Dan Dlabay 05-13-2021 7:53pm

Today are governor said that as of June 2 we no longer have to wear a mask or social distance.:hurray:

kvozel 05-13-2021 7:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Dlabay (Post 1881078)
Today are governor said that as of June 2 we no longer have to wear a mask or social distance.:hurray:

Get with it DeWeenie, make it tomorrow.

zeek 05-13-2021 7:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Dlabay (Post 1881078)
Today are 'sp(our?)governor said that as of June 2 we no longer have to wear a mask or social distance.:hurray:

That's good....also funny...I never needed some one to ever give me permission to NOT wear a silly mask...:seasix:

Dan47 05-13-2021 8:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeek (Post 1881086)
That's good....also funny...I never needed some one to ever give me permission to NOT wear a silly mask...:seasix:

Same though I struggle with individual business demands. Sometimes I comply, sometimes not. Dependent on whether I’m feeling my oats.

I don’t require them in my business and have been hosting a super spreader event from the start. Oddly enough, no need for a mobile cremation unit or body bags, everyone survived. Weird? :shots:

zeek 05-13-2021 10:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan47 (Post 1881102)
Same though I struggle with individual business demands. Sometimes I comply, sometimes not. Dependent on whether I’m feeling my oats.

I don’t require them in my business and have been hosting a super spreader event from the start. Oddly enough, no need for a mobile cremation unit or body bags, everyone survived. Weird? :shots:

Back at the beginning of this bullshit, I use to carry a mask in my pocket and put it on if the business demanded it. Now if they post they require a mask I still go in with out it. So far, no one has ever told me to mask up. If they did, I would not cause a scene....I would just turn around and take my business elsewhere....This whole thing has been just an overblown flu designed for the govt to reign us in....fukem....dont even get me started on the freekin "flu shot"....:issues:

Steve_R 05-13-2021 11:04pm

Head of the CDC six weeks ago: “I feel a sense of impending doom.”

Head of the CDC today: “Masks indoors? Pffft, no need.”

Yeah, follow the science. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Aerovette 05-13-2021 11:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_R (Post 1881112)
Head of the CDC six weeks ago: “I feel a sense of impending doom.”

Head of the CDC today: “Masks indoors? Pffft, no need.”

Yeah, follow the science. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

We sure went from two masks to no masks quickly. :lol:

Then again, we went from " no one needs a mask" to "500 ways to destroy a country" pretty damn quick too.

Broken Wind 05-14-2021 5:30am

Fauci should be tried for conducting human experimentation.