The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   [Welcome home] Come home, come home my son... (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93672)

UniqueDoug 01-26-2016 5:58am

[Welcome home] Come home, come home my son...
 
There are a lot of changes happening with the UD family, most of them inside of me. I was contemplating my return to the Barn, slow or fast. After tonight the pace was obvious, a thread, as only the AW, ADD, and "manic" ud could do...

:cert:

My dear momma is moving, long story short she fell on NYE when I was away and we both knew it was time for her to move back into a smaller one level house. She's 77 and as strong as an ox, barely a bruise, she can thank her father Buppa who immigrated from Poland a century ago for that tenacity. Ole "Buppa" as the grand kids affectionately called him lived to 98.

I except no less from my momma. :angel:

I'm recently moved out and am enjoying a night as a "guest", somewhat surreal hanging out in the ole "basement", with no cats and a strange sterile feel with just a few pieces of my old furniture. My dear momma had cleaned my filthy old living quarters to the bone, but something was missing...

The warmth and love was gone...

Random thoughts, from UD's perspective? It's sad as a nation that we now treat my "condition" with big pharma drugs and squash the creativity. This country is going to shit. This so called "Free speech" on the internet and social fecking media is going to ****ing ruin us, it already has in some respects. It's the modern version of school yard bullying, but now the pussies are hiding behind their keyboards, able to unleash their negatively without any accountability. They can spew vitriol without proof, hate without love...

My friends that is what will eventually really kill this country, not "terrorism". We know and post more about a complete ****ing stranger 1000 miles away and spend more time hating on the internet than loving those around us. Love thy neighbor has turned in hate on the internet.

Sad. It has even trickled down to the emoticons. PS, admins can we replace the sad angle with angel? It's time we take back our sanity and peace one asshole at a time, it all begins at home. :cert:

Full credit to this man for the thread title.


Hug your loved ones tight, say something nice to a stranger on the internet, even if they deserve the opposite.

:cert:

Feck the New Era, this is UniqueDoug. :yesnod:

island14 01-26-2016 6:40am

Quote:

Feck the New Era, this is UniqueDoug.
:Jeff '79:


:cert:

boracayjohnny 01-26-2016 7:17am

TL;DR

Cliffs without reading:

UD is caught up in excessive drama at the other place and comes here to vent his methane. True to pattern, he'll go back when enough time passes.

UniqueDoug 01-26-2016 7:22am

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracayjohnny (Post 1444875)
TL;DR

Cliffs without reading:

UD is caught up in excessive drama at the other place and comes here to vent his methane. True to pattern, he'll go back when enough time passes.

Gentlemens bet. Your terms. :cert:

If I go back after my honoring my self imposed 6 month ban and $1000 donation to St. Judes cause I went back on my word, you win.

Yes you read that correctly, left on my terms. :cert:

Olustee bus 01-26-2016 7:36am

Doug, I don't follow anyones post to know really what is going on with them. I did catch some of a recent post at the "other" place and I did see that at least one, if not more folks were rude as hell in my opinion. I know you seem to bring a lot of that on you but, damn, I don't think it is that much.

I agree that some, especially at the "other" place can be real pricks. I go there often but don't participate like I do here. I just like the folks here more. of course there are fewer of us but seems like a great group (except for that one guy) .

If you have having problems, and honestly, it sound like you are, I truly hope you can get them resolved to a better condition.

boracayjohnny 01-26-2016 7:38am

Quote:

Originally Posted by UniqueDoug (Post 1444876)
Gentlemens bet. Your terms. :cert:

If I go back after my honoring my self imposed 6 month ban and $1000 donation to St. Judes cause I went back on my word, you win.

Yes you read that correctly, left on my terms. :cert:

I don't care about a self righteous bet. Just go back now and spare us the teenage angst.

island14 01-26-2016 7:39am

So what happened? I heard there was a little drama but did not know what it was about or see the thread.. Link?

Or never mind if you would rather not talk about it..


Sounds like you wont be back over there for 6 months if it's really going to cost you a grand for even more abuse.. :lol:

Who did you make that bet with? :island14:

And by the way... our Bantayan kids could use that money also... :lol:

bsmith 01-26-2016 7:40am

I'll just leave this here...

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...psjpgcqz2h.png[/IMG]

UniqueDoug 01-26-2016 7:42am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olustee bus (Post 1444878)
Doug, I don't follow anyones post to know really what is going on with them. I did catch some of a recent post at the "other" place and I did see that at least one, if not more folks were rude as hell in my opinion. I know you seem to bring a lot of that on you but, damn, I don't think it is that much.

I agree that some, especially at the "other" place can be real pricks. I go there often but don't participate like I do here. I just like the folks here more. of course there are fewer of us but seems like a great group (except for that one guy) .

If you have having problems, and honestly, it sound like you are, I truly hope you can get them resolved to a better condition.

No problems, financial or personal. I've never been so content and at peace.

:cert:

UniqueDoug 01-26-2016 7:43am

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracayjohnny (Post 1444879)
I don't care about a self righteous bet. Just go back now and spare us the teenage angst.

Fair enough. :cert:

I talked with Jeff earlier today and he advised against a homecoming like this.

I understand and do not wish to bring negativity here. :cert:

VITE1 01-26-2016 7:44am

I wish you well. :angel:

UniqueDoug 01-26-2016 7:48am

Quote:

Originally Posted by island14 (Post 1444880)
So what happened? I heard there was a little drama but did not know what it was about or see the thread.. Link?

Or never mind if you would rather not talk about it..


Sounds like you wont be back over there for 6 months if it's really going to cost you a grand for even more abuse.. :lol:

Who did you make that bet with? :island14:

And by the way... our Bantayan kids could use that money also... :lol:

I prefer not to bring specifics into public play here. :cert:

If you look at my original post here, it did not reference any forum or person. But I do understand the curiosity and allure of making this thread about that. It is NOT. It is about the bigger picture.

Let's please not make this about the "other place".

My PM box is open for specific questions, this is NOT an airing of grievances thread per se, in that I won't name names or throw anybody or any forum under the bus publicly. :cert:

Strats-N-Vettes 01-26-2016 7:54am

Quote:

Originally Posted by VITE1 (Post 1444886)
I wish you well. :angel:

:iagree:

:angel:

Some people lack integrity and class Doug.....

UniqueDoug 01-26-2016 7:56am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsmith (Post 1444882)
I'll just leave this here...

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...psjpgcqz2h.png[/IMG]

I can't argue with that. :cert:

I mostly have a lousy and pathetic reputation on the internet. I'm trying to move forward with a positive outlook.

Can we bury the hatchet and move on? You showed genuine interest and seem like a good guy. :cert:

island14 01-26-2016 7:56am

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracayjohnny (Post 1444879)
I don't care about a self righteous bet. Just go back now and spare us the teenage angst.

Hey.. wait till he changes the bet to donating the money to the Bantayan kids before you run him back off to over there... :Jeff '79:

boracayjohnny 01-26-2016 7:56am

Quote:

Originally Posted by UniqueDoug (Post 1444887)
I prefer not to bring specifics into public play here. :cert:

If you look at my original post here, it did not reference any forum or person. But I do understand the curiosity and allure of making this thread about that. It is NOT. It is about the bigger picture.

Let's please not make this about the "other place".

My PM box is open for specific questions, this is NOT an airing of grievances thread per se, in that I won't name names or throw anybody or any forum under the bus publicly. :cert:


bsmith 01-26-2016 7:57am

Quote:

Originally Posted by UniqueDoug (Post 1444890)
I can't argue with that. :cert:

I mostly have a lousy and pathetic reputation on the internet. I'm trying to move forward with a positive outlook.

Can we bury the hatchet and move on? You showed genuine interest and seem like a good guy. :cert:

Yes.
PM sent.

bill_daniels 01-26-2016 8:03am

iBienvenidos, UD!

Maybe you should just move your letter here and be done with it.

island14 01-26-2016 8:03am

Quote:

Originally Posted by VITE1 (Post 1444886)
I wish you well. :angel:

:iagree:


Same here...


He can play in my sandbox anytime.. :seasix:


..as long as he covers his poo like a cat. :lol:

UniqueDoug 01-26-2016 8:27am

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracayjohnny (Post 1444892)

Could you help me out?

What did I do to personally offend you?

And what can I do to make it better?

:cert:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 8:30am.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2009 - 2021 The Vette Barn